Am I just lucky?

F

FB7777

With all the new cargo vans and other options like the deisel Mitsubishi and Isuzu box , I'm shill leaning towards the ole reliable GMC 3500 for my new Butler

My 2005 has 85,000 miles 5000+ machine hours and has all original components , except for brakes and tires

This winter I intend on have all belts and will probably do the water pumpto avoid an unexpected breakdown during the busy season

Historically I have had very good luck with the Chevy and GMC Butler Systems

I attribute some of it to monthly maintenance services and being garaged

Are most guys happy with these cargo vans or is my experience exceptional?

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
Fred I'm happy for the most part but we live in a relatively small town. If I lived in a larger metro I'd have all my cleaning units in Spartan van's.

The extra room to carry my shop on wheels and the ability to stand up, makes me think I'm done with extended vans. The best part is it feels just like a standard van, you don't get the sloppiness feel of a box van. When the time comes to replace our carpet trucks I think I'm going up a size. Still Chevy or GMC cab.

http://www.supremecorp.com/supreme.php?page=product&body=parcel&product=7

Vivers

Supportive Member
Name
Bill
We use the Fords E-250s and have been happy with these. We have 1 with over 100,000 and another with 60,000 and there running solid!

carpetcleaner

Name
Rob Litwin
I have owned so many different kinds of vehicles. I only remember having 1 with lots of issues and I think that I the dealership just didn't know what they were doing. Vehicles and major equipment all built better today than the used to be. Which is good, because it seems that most things are built in the cheapest way possible.

BLewis

Supportive Member
Name
Billy Lewis
Richard,
Here's our Spartan/Chevy Van, lots of room. I made some mistakes when we had it on the drawing board. I tried to add a second side door when I realized that I wouldn't be able to fit the hose reel next to the unit to pull out the same door however we were 2 days late! Just a pain pulling hose out the back, or just not convenient like the V. I am going to use Mike Drapers shelving system to try and get stuff up off the floor. Also, decided on letter wrap like a local guy and Jim Martin with a few images from the other truck. The V wrap is showing some major blemishes at 2 years, so I thought I would try this route so that I can just replace anything that gets messed up.

I have been happy with the PC 650 hp so far. Really don't have very many hours on her and her 1st birthday is coming up in November. The V (knock on wood) hasn't had any major breakdowns since I got her.
photo-2.jpg
[/IMG]
photo-3.jpg

photo-5.jpg

photo-6.jpg

Last edited:

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
Yep I like it, just so much room yet it doesnt feel like a box truck. Still a lot of get up and go, plus no heat or smell off the unit with the separate cab.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom