Am I looking at this all wrong?

Larry B

Name
Larry Burrell
I was talking to another CC and he was telling me how he presprays and extracts with a rinse agent. The prespray is done with a hydro-force and the rinse agent is dumped into the fresh tank.
Now doing this wouldn't the rinse agent in the fresh tank going through the hydro-force neutralize the prespray before it even hits the floor or am I missing something?

K P

Depending on the dilution ratio,it could..but probably not to much.

RGH269

Name
Bobby Hales
I posed that same question to the folks at Prochem a few years ago and was told that at 2-4 GPH rinse would not have much if any effect on a prespray.

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
I agree, has to have some affect but probably not a lot. We used to go to great efforts not to do that so to avid the hassle we eventually got ways from the fiber rise unless there was a specific reason. The fiber rinse doesn't do much for actual cleaning either.

Jamesh921

Name
James
I think most machines have a shut-off valve (mine does) so that you can shut the mix tank off while prespraying, then open it up when you start rinsing.

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
I think most do Jim, but with the chemical already in the solution lines you would have to bleed the lines out, to get rid of the fiber rinse before you connect to the sprayer for it not to affect the prespray.

Larry B

Name
Larry Burrell
The fiber rinse is getting dumped into the fresh water tank so there is no way its shut off before going through the hydro-force sprayer. The mix is in the water.

floorguy

Supportive Member
Name
Doug
1 word

LAzy

or

hoodwinked

or

useless....

basiclly MOST carpet cleaners where either told, or taught one way, and are to close minded to possibly try something new.....

now with that in mind...trying something new can be a PITA, which may be another reason people dont....(nothing worse then having to reclean something)

but on the flip side of that....it sure is nice when you try something new and it works like a charm...

I am suprized he actually talked to you......a lot of cleaners i have run across are little hermit crabs....they turn away, and when you move in they snap a you

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
I am suprized he actually talked to you......a lot of cleaners i have run across are little hermit crabs....they turn away, and when you move in they snap a you
Ummm....Doug...ever consider it might be YOU? :p

:mrgreen:

Loren Egland

Name
Loren Egland
From a pH point of view, an alkaline rinse likely won't lower the prespray pH much at all. An acid rinse might a little, but the amount would seem to be pretty small.

Of course there is more to cleaning performance than pH.

J Scott W

Name
Jeffrey Scott Warrington
If you are metering at 3 GPH, the final dilution ratio of your rinse agent will be somewhere around 1:320. The volume is not sufficient to cause any issues with your prespray that is much more concentrated and likely buffered to maintain its pH.

There is a lot more to it than a pH of 4 cancels a pH of 10.

floorguy

Supportive Member
Name
Doug
Richard C. said:
Ummm....Doug...ever consider it might be YOU? :p

:mrgreen:

yea....one look at me and they KNOW i am snatching that account shiteatinggrin shiteatinggrin shiteatinggrin shiteatinggrin shiteatinggrin shiteatinggrin shiteatinggrin

ACE

Name
Mike Hughes
I have always wondered about this myself. I always try to turn off an acid rinse and flush the line before hooking up the inline sprayer. It might not matter much but there is no benefit in souring your prespary, so why do it?
Most of the time I rinse with Procyon which blends nicely with presprays because it is moderately alkaline and non buffered.

Larry B

Name
Larry Burrell
floorguy said:
yea....one look at me and they KNOW i am snatching that account shiteatinggrin shiteatinggrin shiteatinggrin shiteatinggrin shiteatinggrin shiteatinggrin shiteatinggrin

:lol:

Bucey

Name
FFA?
I think if you consider the fact that each step up or down the pH scale is 100 times higher it will be extremely hard to have a large impact on the pH of prespray in this example. You could always test the ore spray with a pH strip.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom