Amtex Prowler

Jeff Brown

Name
Jeff Brown
Anyone own or have used a Prowler? I'm think about buying one and would like to get some feed back on this machine, thanks

Jeff Brown

Name
Jeff Brown
Thanks for the advice, could the design flaws and over heating potential be corrected if I were to find one with low hours and a good price?

Hoody

Supportive Member
Name
Steven Hoodlebrink
You could strip all the heating stuff off of it, and just use a propane or kero fired heater. But with the time, and money spent replacing all that, you could easily find a used steamway, or a judson truckmount for much more cheaper, and less hassle that would be more reliable.

There was a gentleman in the chat room yesterday after noon complaining that his 3 month old Chemtex Panther 15's water pump blew after 3 months. After talking with him for a bit we found it was over heating, and certain he blew the seals right out of it. The people at Chemtex said it was his fault, and offered no great support on resolving the issue.

I've not heard great things about Amtex or Chemtex machines, but they are cheap units. I've also heard and read first hand that support after the sale is less than satisfactory as well.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom