Amtex Prowler?

Old Coastie

Supportive Member
Name
Stephen
Please clarify
Okay. One thing I do not like about the CFX is the need to run a supply waterline from some hot water faucet, or a shower pipe, the drain hose to outdoors or a toilet, the vacuum hose (a constant in all cleaning) and two electric lines. All of them must be deployed, worked around and taken back up on every job.
The Prowler seems to require a water hose from a hose bib, a waste hose the size of a vacuum hose going God knows where, the hot water hose and of course the vacuum hose. All of them must be deployed from outside and taken up again, to be stacked somewhere in the van.

One of my frustrations is the sheer time and effort expended in setup and break down of the equipment. I trade that off for the ability to unload my van and use it for mother in law transport. Yes I realize that my actual cleaning time is longer, too.

In sum, my impression is that the Prowler could add muscle to my cleaning but no particular convenience.
So until my mother in law dies, the CFX remains the solution.

Cleanworks

Name
Ron Marriott
Okay. One thing I do not like about the CFX is the need to run a supply waterline from some hot water faucet, or a shower pipe, the drain hose to outdoors or a toilet, the vacuum hose (a constant in all cleaning) and two electric lines. All of them must be deployed, worked around and taken back up on every job.
The Prowler seems to require a water hose from a hose bib, a waste hose the size of a vacuum hose going God knows where, the hot water hose and of course the vacuum hose. All of them must be deployed from outside and taken up again, to be stacked somewhere in the van.

One of my frustrations is the sheer time and effort expended in setup and break down of the equipment. I trade that off for the ability to unload my van and use it for mother in law transport. Yes I realize that my actual cleaning time is longer, too.

In sum, my impression is that the Prowler could add muscle to my cleaning but no particular convenience.
So until my mother in law dies, the CFX remains the solution.
The prowler is the wrong way to go. Worse than the cfx. A basic truck mount would really improve the way you work. You have a full fresh water tank or you hook up a garden hose to an outdoor spigot. After you have vacuumed, you bring in your online sprayer and pressure hose. Connect to the tm and start spraying. When you have presprayed enough, scrub or bring in your vac hose and wand, connect to the truck and start cleaning. You will be amazed how fast you can clean with the power and heat of a tm. When your done, shut the machine down, coil your hoses, don't forget to put all the tools back in the truck, collect the check and do it again. You will do better work, much faster and have greater confidence in your work. You have the mechanical apptitude to understand a used truck mount. There are probably some good deals in your area.

Reactions: Old Coastie

Shorty

RIP
Name
Shorty Glanville
What type of blower does the Prowler have??

Some say that it blows the water through the blower that requires water to create vacuum.

Are you sure it's not a Liquid Ring vacuum??

Just asking.

:very_drunk: :yoda:

Cleanworks

Name
Ron Marriott
What type of blower does the Prowler have??

Some say that it blows the water through the blower that requires water to create vacuum.

Are you sure it's not a Liquid Ring vacuum??

Just asking.

:very_drunk: :yoda:
It's a roots blower. I believe Ben may have a patent on the design. According to his website, the roots people have seen what he has done and approve. You do have to dry down the blower after use and blow some wd 40 through it. He does offer some type of waste tank as an option. Very limited use in my opinion.

BIG WOOD

MLPW
Name
Matt w.
There is a box truck with a prochem 405 in Hendersonville for $6500 or best offer. See if Lee will go with you.
You really need to get those eyes checked. I think you’re talking about that yellow box truck with the 405 in it. Dude!!! There isn’t any hoses connecting the two exhaust heat exchangers together on that one. Trash the craigslist idea and go look at the Jondon used tm page. At least have one of their mechanics look over it first.

Cleanworks

Name
Ron Marriott
You really need to get those eyes checked. I think you’re talking about that yellow box truck with the 405 in it. Dude!!! There isn’t any hoses connecting the two exhaust heat exchangers together on that one. Trash the craigslist idea and go look at the Jondon used tm page. At least have one of their mechanics look over it first.
That was just an example, that's why I was saying he should get together with Lee. What Lee doesn't know about 405's isn't worth knowing. I also agree with Marty, a tcs unit would be great if it's in good shape.

BIG WOOD

MLPW
Name
Matt w.
That was just an example, that's why I was saying he should get together with Lee. What Lee doesn't know about 405's isn't worth knowing. I also agree with Marty, a tcs unit would be great if it's in good shape.
That example could’ve emptied his wallet

Nomad74

Boy Sprout
Well, Sorry coastie, my Amtex is gone to a new home. I have a Porty I can sell you. That seems like the next natural step in your process.

• Haha
Reactions: hogjowl

DAT

Name
Bill Cheryl
Did 4 areas with my TM yesterday...

Rough estimate on time..

Hook up 5 min, allow to warm up TM
Prevac- 10 mins.
Prespray- 5 mins (hydroforce...so much better)
CRB- 10 mins
360i- 35 mins
Wand dry stroke- 10 mins
Pack up - 10 mins

Bout 1 hour and 30 mins..
$220

Now they want me to come back about the dog smell.. i told them that they needed deodorizer because i knew they never vacuumed and let their dog/cat piss all over it. They said no to deodorizer or pet treatment and that it was not necessary... Bunch of morons... Told em its $150 for me to come back to apply saigercide. They havnt responded.

But overall, it is much faster than a porty. Would've taken me 2.5 hours.

Reactions: Cleanworks

Cleanworks

Name
Ron Marriott
Did 4 areas with my TM yesterday...

Rough estimate on time..

Hook up 5 min, allow to warm up TM
Prevac- 10 mins.
Prespray- 5 mins (hydroforce...so much better)
CRB- 10 mins
360i- 35 mins
Wand dry stroke- 10 mins
Pack up - 10 mins

Bout 1 hour and 30 mins..
$220

Now they want me to come back about the dog smell.. i told them that they needed deodorizer because i knew they never vacuumed and let their dog/cat piss all over it. They said no to deodorizer or pet treatment and that it was not necessary... Bunch of morons... Told em its $150 for me to come back to apply saigercide. They havnt responded.

But overall, it is much faster than a porty. Would've taken me 2.5 hours.
Not having seen it, it sounds like overkill to CRB then use the 360i but good job.

DAT

Name
Bill Cheryl
Went back today and made my $150. Now they are happy... I think.

Cleanworks

Name
Ron Marriott
Hope you find something Coastie!
Guy is selling a 2006 chevy express with 148,000 kilometers and a J.E.M power take off unit. Small local company. Large fresh water and waste tanks. Asking $8,888cdn. Not a good time to spend a lot of money but nice looking unit.

Trip Moses

IMOL
Name
Trip Moses
Go buy an Aerotech. From what I’ve read so far you won’t be around long enough to pay for it. Just like those old farts cruising the interstate in their million dollar Prevost Coach. But seriously. Buy someone’s used under $20,000 rig. You’ll be glad you did and you can sell it when you’re done.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom