Amtex Prowler?

Cleanworks

Name
Ron Marriott
Need to carry around a waste tank also. I think it would be better suited for flood work.

I actually have a prowler with a waste tank. Am looking to rebuild it this year. Just got a 45 blower to swap out the og 33 blower. The 25hp Kohler seems to be in good shape. Have to do a little re-engineering on it.

Reactions: ccservices
Name
Justin Johnston
I actually have a prowler with a waste tank. Am looking to rebuild it this year. Just got a 45 blower to swap out the og 33 blower. The 25hp Kohler seems to be in good shape. Have to do a little re-engineering on it.
Make sure you find out how much horsepower it takes to spin the 45 blower so you know if the 25hp Kohler is strong enough for it.

Reactions: Mikey P

FredC

Village Idiot
are you saying it isn't?

Name
Lee Stockwell
A 25hp had no problem spinning a 4007 direct coupled for us.

Cleanworks

Name
Ron Marriott
Thanks Justin, it should be fine according to the blower specs.

BIG WOOD

MLPW
Name
Matt w.
Good machine or bad? Why? Advice, please.
I know you're looking for a more powerful machine, but don't want to spend a fortune on a new tm because you're close to retiring, but have you considered buying a nice used tm that's already been hit with depreciation, and when you're ready to retire, just sell it for what you paid.

Cleanworks

Name
Ron Marriott
I wouldn't buy a brand new one, let alone the used up pos model you found on Craigslist for $400
The main components are as good as any other unit out there. The plumbing and overall engineering on this old one isn't great but I'm probably going to redo it to my liking anyway.

Old Coastie

Supportive Member
Name
Stephen
I know you're looking for a more powerful machine, but don't want to spend a fortune on a new tm because you're close to retiring, but have you considered buying a nice used tm that's already been hit with depreciation, and when you're ready to retire, just sell it for what you paid.
More curious than shopping, Matt. I just do not see a clear advantage to a stronger machine with as many hookups as the CFX machine I use.

Cleanworks

Name
Ron Marriott
More curious than shopping, Matt. I just do not see a clear advantage to a stronger machine with as many hookups as the CFX machine I use.
Any truck mount will be faster. You can often find a good used unit for under $10,000. You won't realize the difference until you start using one, then you'll wonder what took you so long. Go for a ride along with a good truck mount guy.

Reactions: Old Coastie

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
. I just do not see a clear advantage to a stronger machine with as many hookups as the CFX machine I use.

you don't know what you don't know , Steve

instead of that goofy contraption that's neither a good TM or porty, consider this,
with the current mOOnpie madness panic likely to cause substantial economic turmoil,
Keep an eye out for the guys that will be forced to bail and sell .

Looks for a Sunbelt, Judson, or TCS that an unfortunate hick needs to unload

You don't need anything fancy or expensive
anything with a 36 blower will be fine

..L.T.A.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom