an amazing story of the Eye Wear industry

Mikey P

Administrator
Having recently succumbed to the fact the my PRK laser surgery 15 years ago has now lost it's battle with old age, I've started wearing glasses again for distance and reading at times (low light). I was looking for another pair of specs for riding at a local optometrist that had me out for a quote on cleaning their carpet and while I love their styles and features of their high end products it left me wondering what the difference between my Costco $150 specials and the $700 price they were quoting..

and I found this..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=voUiWOGv8ec

Reactions: BradD

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
I need some new ones, mine are a couple of years old with a few weed eating divots in them. LOL

Dan bought his at Costco and likes his. My daughters bought theirs at Sam's, my last pair came from Lens Crafters. :eekk:

Ron Werner

Name
Ron Werner
whenever I'm looking at buying something expensive, or paying for a service, and it seems expensive, I keep thinking of my own service and how much more I charge. Then I need to evaluate if I'm getting better value or the same/comparable thing.

Goomer

Name
Frank Mendo
Have you considered or had a consultation to determine if you are a candidate for a second procedure?

I had a Lasik procedure around the same time.

PRk, as opposed to Lasik, is performed without the creation of a flap to access the cornea.
Because of this, the PRK procedure tends to leave more corneal tissue intact. The amount of corneal tissue available is one of the main factors in determining if a second "enhancement" procedure is viable or not, so in your case, the fact that it was a PRK procedure is a positive thing.
The have also been constant advancements in the technology and procedures available today, in comparison to when we did it.
Many more options.

My only side effects have been dry eyes (mainly in the morning), and slight "halo's" surrounding bright light sources at night (headlights, streetlights, etc.).

Best money I ever spent.

Personally, I have always been a fan of Rayban's green lenses.

Last edited:
Reactions: Mikey P

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom