and people pay howard parterge big bucks VERY FUNNY

F

FB7777

I think the whole referral rewards way of gaining customers is ridiculous

I've never written a commission check to a customer or referral source in my life.

but if you want to pay $997 for a golden ticket event to learn how to give kick backs be my guest

Name
Kevin McCreary
If you look outside of the carpet cleaning industry, there are Howard Partridge's and
Joe Polish's every where. My wife is in the dental industry and I see guys using
the same marketing tactics and selling virtually the same programs tailored to dentists.
The list goes on, chiropractors, mechanics, doctors, etc. I'm sure Joe and Howie saw
that in other industries first and because they couldn't make it in the cc business
decided to sell themselves as marketers. That's what I always notice about a lot of the
so called gurus (instructors and marketers) in this industry (not all of them) couldn't
make it as a cleaner.

Doug Cox

Supportive Member
Name
Doug Cox
Exactly the same here as Fred. I look at it as "I work for the referral, I don't pay for it"

Name
Nate W.
The best compliment a customer can give you is a referral to a friend or family member. :wink:

Kick backs is so Union. :wink:

F

FB7777

From all the advertising I've seen of Howard's, the backbone is the referral marketing system

he claims to track $40-60,000 a month in new business from this one strategy

This translates to anywhere from $500K-700K growth in his business year over year for his company

every other strategy must be draining his revenue, cause he is only growing at a $200K clip every year :lol:

-JB-

Name
JB
Your best referral sources will not want "kick-backs", guaranteed.

Royal Man

Name
Dave Yoakum
Re: and people pay howard partridge big bucks VERY FUNNY

I don't get the 40 -60 k in referral sources like Howard says his partners do. But, I Get jobs from my referral system every week ($500.00 just yesterday).

I averaged over 4000 in referral sources per month(not carpet dealers) last year.

Combine that with web sources, previous customers and customer referral and it sure beats most other forms of advertising.

Jimmy L

Name
Jimmy L
I just felt uncomfortable doing the referral kick back.

I just clean a small rug or something the next time I see the CUSTOMER that referred me.

F

FB7777

oh great first a pyranha, then a partridge ... now a flea :shock: :lol:

go suck the blood out of cleaners on ICS Youcum

how many trucks you running with your miracle system?

if you're adding $50 grand in new business per year with your system year over year from this one simple method shouldn't you be growing beyond 1 truck after 25 years ?

Ken Snow

RIP
Name
Ken Snow
Kevin

I try to stay away from most of the crap here and you seem like a smart guy. Check out Howard's website and if you ever get the chance his operation in Houston (whether through a class or not). He runs one of the largest, highest priced cleaning companies in the country and it is first class all the way.

His employees are all first rate, his vehicles and equipment immaculate, and he walks the walk. Does he make some income by being an instructor and coach? Yes! What is wrong with that?

Ken

randy

Name
Randy
Kevin McCreary said:
If you look outside of the carpet cleaning industry, there are Howard Partridge's and
Joe Polish's every where. My wife is in the dental industry and I see guys using
the same marketing tactics and selling virtually the same programs tailored to dentists.
The list goes on, chiropractors, mechanics, doctors, etc. I'm sure Joe and Howie saw
that in other industries first and because they couldn't make it in the cc business
decided to sell themselves as marketers. That's what I always notice about a lot of the
so called gurus (instructors and marketers) in this industry (not all of them) couldn't
make it as a cleaner.

Joe Polish bastardized Dan Kennedy's magnetic marketing and followed the Jeff Paul pattern ( 108 strategies, bla bla ). Dan actually holds seminars several times a year teaching information marketing. Joe is actually on some of the tapes. In the mid 90's he wrote about how he had built a million dollar a year carpet business business. Problem is I have a buddy that leaved in Phoenix and knew Joe Polish very well and he wasn't very successful in carpet cleaning. On the Dan Kennedy seminar tapes Joe made the comment that the info. marketing business "got him out of a business that he hated", and he doesn't even have to talk to "these people".

Howard basically took Jay Abraham's key concepts and directly copied some others and came out with "his" system.

Now the lone wolf is mad at one of these guys and coming up with his lone wolf club. This industry is down right BIZZARE sometimes. LOTS of suckers looking for a magic bullet.

Reminds me of those guys in Texas that were selling auto dialers (recorded telemarketing machines) to the industry back in the 90's . They claimed to have just sold their $2,000,000 a year carpet cleaning business for $2,000,000. Turns out they had invented the whole story and were using PAID references. If the idiot that called an current owner of the system bought a system the "reference" would get $500. Easy to due when you are selling a $500 computer & software for $28,000 on a lease. One poster here was once on that reference, LOL. Glad I never bought that telemarketing computer, an ACE truck mount, or went to a Joe polish seminar.

Royal Man

Name
Dave Yoakum

Fred,

Getting jobs every week without having to spend a dime or lift a finger after you get it started in not a bad thing.

You can't do that with almost any other form of marketing.

A bigger company is not always better. I've had 4 crews working for me for many years in the past.

I have a much better bottom line now with a lot less effort a hassle.

Jimmy L

Name
Jimmy L
Dave you have to remember that Mikeysboard is not the safe haven that ICS is.

Name
Kevin McCreary
Ken Snow said:
Kevin

I try to stay away from most of the crap here and you seem like a smart guy. Check out Howard's website and if you ever get the chance his operation in Houston (whether through a class or not). He runs one of the largest, highest priced cleaning companies in the country and it is first class all the way.

His employees are all first rate, his vehicles and equipment immaculate, and he walks the walk. Does he make some income by being an instructor and coach? Yes! What is wrong with that?

Ken
I guess I didn't mean to imply Howard was a failure, I know he is not. I have no problem with Howard
I'm just saying I think some of those guys got the idea to sell their ideas from other industries. Joe on
the other hand is selling something you can get by bypassing him, other than paying someone to yell rah rah!
in your ear.

F

FB7777

how about this Dave

buy some advertising on the boards instead of the typical no cost telemarketing conman method of trying to get into cleaners wallets

lets hear from satisfied users of your 2 year old system for once

Ken Snow

RIP
Name
Ken Snow
Isn't every idea a variation or improvement of a former idea? I personally have no problem with anybody doing or offering anything that is not illegal or too immoral (this is subjective of course) It is a free marketplace and ultimately consumers, whether they are a business or an individual consumer make or break a business.

Ken

Ken Snow

RIP
Name
Ken Snow
Dave~ when I said variation I probably should have said variation, evolution or piggy backing from things that have been learned and modified over a lifetime (or billions of lifetimes) of learning. IMO our world would not be what it is without this, so it is a good thing to me.

randy

Name
Randy
Dave Yoakum, Several times over the last two years I have seen folks ask you for references, actual buyers of your system. You always seem to ignore the request. So have you actually sold any ? Is this just another Craigslist marketing "system" or I market to groups type program ? If you don't have testimonials that can be called/ confirmed, most cleaners will assume you are a really persistent bullshit / scam artist.

Royal Man

Name
Dave Yoakum

Randy,

Check out the website to get a little insight into how the marketing works. Nothing to do with Craigslist, Direct mail, coupons, walking fliers etc...

I'll be glad to give you more information if you give me a call or e-mail.

I have some testimonials on the website. Craig Jasper raves about it. Most of the buyers don't want their competition to find out about it. No BS. Like most all marketing systems it works if you implement it. Except this one has no monthly reoccurring costs. Once you implement it you'll get a perpetual stream of new clients without any money or effort.

randy

Name
Randy
The same Craig Jasper that now travels the country doing seminars ?

F

FB7777

the testimonials I saw were from guys that didn't purchase the system

Steve Toburens "testimonial" about freemarketingforever was more like an observation rather than an endorsement

the only freemarketing I see is coming out of your computer

I just hope to hell it ain't forever

Ken Snow

RIP
Name
Ken Snow
Dave

I am always interested in and willing to look at new marketing opportunities. If you would like to email or mail me specifics of what your program is I would be happy to look at it.

Ken

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom