And so a new Era begins....Truck Trailer

floorguy

Supportive Member
Name
Doug
Took it to the store for some wood for the switch over, that starts tomorrow....

20130109_163837.jpg

Got the Box Truck sold.....onnnnn to the new setup....

damn just so excited

GCCLee

Supportive Member
Name
C. Lee
View attachment 1234You will like the truck/trailer. I had a Haulmark before this one. put 200,000 miles on it then sold it and recently bought this one.
I am having a Sapphire 870SS installed in it next week.

Hey Lance, is that a Big Horn? Can't tell from the photo but it looks just like our Pickup.
Puuuulenty of Power yea!

Chris

Reactions: Lance Golden

Lance Golden

Name
Lance Golden
Yes sir... 06 with the 59 Turbo... Rebuilt the tranny @ 190,000 replaced the bogged down stock muffler with a walker "straight thru" and added a full Air raid intake... I average 14 MPG around town, pulling the rig (I currently have a HM Titan 875, had a BL thermalwave hp so similar weight. without the trailer, I avg. 24 MPGView attachment 1236

Last edited by a moderator:

GCCLee

Supportive Member
Name
C. Lee
Yep, Its has a Made in the U.S.A sticker in the door too.

Same Years, Colors and similar upgrades, stock rims on ours though and a 5" turn down that coumes out under the corner of the bumper. It growls like a bear man, sounds like a prop plane at 90 on the interstate, lol

Due the hills out east here, we decided it was a better choice than the 1500 we had, 06 also :)

Lance Golden

Name
Lance Golden
I had an 04 hemi 1500, quadcab,avg. 9 MPG towing... sold it to buy this trailer, tows alot easier than my old Haulmark. I drove up to Prescott to visit Thom, at Sapphire 2 days ago, got 22 MPG, a lot of hills and 6% grades.

Sorry for the hijack...

floorguy

Supportive Member
Name
Doug
no hi-jack...keepem coming....

a few pics...
Johnny O will like this 1st one....

20130110_140835.jpg

HOLY CHIT A FRONT PANEL :rockon:

20130110_140823.jpg

ALL empty...box truck sold..

20130110_110748.jpg

floorguy

Supportive Member
Name
Doug
OLD setup from like 9-10 years ago.... speaking of gas hogs

000_0020-1.jpg

floorguy

Supportive Member
Name
Doug
Jam packed loaded....BOX TRUCK

2011-11-19_21-47-49_971.jpg

Looking to be better organized with my new setup...we will see

TimM

Supportive Member
Name
Tim Magaw
a few pics...
Johnny O will like this 1st one....
HOLY CHIT A FRONT PANEL :rockon:
/QUOTE]
John, I tried talking him into putting all the panels on that beast, but he would not put the side panels on, just the front panel.

Able 1

Name
Keith
Funny, I'm missing my over flow cap also. It' a Prochem part and they make you buy the jug also.. Must be some kind of design flaw. What do you think Olson?:icon_razz:

steve g

Name
steve garrett
did you end up mounting the truckmount that far back?? ya know I actually alot of times want to go to a box truck. its a PITA to hook and unhook the truck. its also not as handy to drive around and get in and out of things. especially all the condos they like building these days with no parking. you end up blocking a driveway no matter what. I also find my trucks chew up tires pretty fast too. The only thing that is nice is being able to use the truck for personal use. but for what I have in my trailer I could have gotten a decent box truck and got a cheaper gas truck that uses fuel thats nearly a buck cheaper a gallon for my personal use. I dunno I can see it both ways. a guy with a box truck wants a trailer and the guy with the trailer wants a box truck.

floorguy

Supportive Member
Name
Doug
Ya it does right on the front axle...the hose reel is front...and the heater is over the 2nd axle...

Carpet stuff will be front which is why I needed that heavy machine back...and I want to use the side door for the hoses...now as to what the final tongue weight will be I dunno...

But then I have that back area for my buffers and auto scrubbers...

steve g

Name
steve garrett
well you saw my setup after running units from trailers since '96 I would not do anything different. yours looks like it will be harder to turn the machine off and on and adjust settings. with my machine I also really like having 18" or so extra space between the waste tank and the back of the machine. this makes working on things a whole lot easier. my unit is setup for hauling alot of restoration equipment which is always different from hauling the same stuff all the time.

floorguy

Supportive Member
Name
Doug
Much to Johns dismay...I have stripped a lot of stuff of that...not much to adjust....with that said...it will be an adjustment....

I dont have to get to the back..its all on the sides...Which I took into account..

There will be some hoses (propane freshy line) that may go up on the ceiling and drop down like those power lines in offices...that way they dont get stepped on, and help from freezing...

floorguy

Supportive Member
Name
Doug
Looks like you've got everything in that trailer. What's the cherry picker for?

Cherry Picker???

You mean in the truck...that orange hoist??

I wanted to be like Jim Martin....for lifting machines in and out

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom