And so it begins.......

floorguy

Supportive Member
Name
Doug
The journey back to a truck & Trailer combo....

found this for a pretty good deal

2012-07-07_10-55-58_917.jpg

2012-07-07_10-56-17_742.jpg

2012-07-07_10-56-40_20.jpg

This way I can work on getting the trailer ready.....insulate, paint the floor etc..... while my truck is still running

few things to fix on it to.....

16 X 8 just like the box on the truck is....not exactly what i wanted....but over half as cheap....ill make the mods if needed

Kipp

Name
kip
I have run three different trailer set ups ... The largest being an 8X14. I wasn't a big fan of how long I was. Can't imagine pulling a 16 footer from job to job.

Course I was pulling it with a f350 diesel with 100 extra horses and 10 inch lift so at least I looked good going down the road...

Getting like 2 miles to the gallon lol

floorguy

Supportive Member
Name
Doug
I had a 7 x 14..... my plan is to get a Dodge cummins with a 4 door...REALLY like the Megacab...

Kipp

Name
kip
floorguy said:
I had a 7 x 14..... my plan is to get a Dodge cummins with a 4 door...REALLY like the Megacab...

When I was GM at the RV dealership Keith Foulke (red sox) bought an RV from us and traded in several toys including an inferno red mega cab tricked out.

I immediately made it my demo :-) that truck was awesome

floorguy

Supportive Member
Name
Doug
Connor said:
is it tall enough to stand up in?

oh yea....6.5

Ill get inside pics today...didnt have time yesterday....

Before the "remodel" begins...

Jimbo

So Doug...How are you going to keep your equipment warm when traveling?

Are you good at backing up a trailer...on Ice?

I can put any trailer anywhere...(the benefit of having a ski boat...kids...and a carpet cleaning van!)..but I decided to lose my 4x4 truck and trailer after not being able to back up an icy driveway.

Are you ready to run a lot more hose because of not being able to back up really steep driveways?

I'd stay with the box truck...or a van.

floorguy

Supportive Member
Name
Doug
Jimbo said:
So Doug...How are you going to keep your equipment warm when traveling? its usually 50+ in the trailer when i leave the house, and with a few exceptions i wont travel far enough to matter

Are you good at backing up a trailer...on Ice? At least as good as my truck...had only 1 issue.. if i cant get there then i wont clean it...shouldnt be an issue

I can put any trailer anywhere...so can i ..that pic was 1st try.. hey now (the benefit of having a ski boat...kids...and a carpet cleaning van!)..but I decided to lose my 4x4 truck and trailer after not being able to back up an icy driveway.

Are you ready to run a lot more hose because of not being able to back up really steep driveways?..2.5" baby.... there arent very many around here

I'd stay with the box truck...or a van. other reason is, my ass is getting to old and fat to keep hopping in and out of the taller vehicle..

000_0020-1.jpg

already did it for the 1st 12 yrs of biz.....had a smaller trailer and small pick up before this....REALLY LOVED IT

Ron Werner

Name
Ron Werner
was talking with a guy with a boat. He has a steep driveway which I'll be taking a look at as to whether I'll get my truck up there.
He was telling me he put a hitch on the FRONT of his truck. He'd unhook and then rehook on the front and drive the boat up the hill. He was saying its a LOT easier and he's able to maneuver it much better.

floorguy

Supportive Member
Name
Doug
easier because the drive part of the wheels are away from the weight (less peel out)

But once the way to back in, is in your head...its 2nd nature

kingjoelking

Supportive Member
Ive pulled up to jobs with my little 5x8 trailer that If I had another foot of trailer I would be in front of the neighbors driveway.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom