Angie's list

SamIam

Name
sam miller
Just wondering $85 a month to be a featured company for 12 months in 2 cities 250,000 population???? I have 3 aaaaa reviews or 5 star as I call them from members already!

Name
La Canada Carpet Cleaning
Sam, Don't do it just finished with one year at 264 per month, didn't even come close to working to cover cost basis. They promise all this and that. Stay away

SamIam

Name
sam miller
I had one lady for years join them and leave me a review I've gotten 2 more customers not a lot. People have to pay them to be a member and they're bigger in LA or Santa Clarita. I don't think they're popular where I'm at yet.

TomKing

Supportive Member
Name
Tom
Sam
You are asking the wrong questions. No offence.

How many members do they have? AL charges by the number of members in your area. This is why you can not compare to other cleaners costs. Unless you know the per member cost you are paying.

What is the service area you are choosing? AL divides most areas up in regions. We have 3 areas in indy.

How wealthy is the area you are paying for?

Does this include online listings and being in the book? What is the cost for each?

When guys say they got a better price most time the sales guys narrow the regions you are running advertising in to adjust your price?

If you do not have a wealthy area or a well developed market you can struggle making it work.

How many cleaners are on AL in your area?

What is the top cleaner by # of A reviews?

If you have 5 A's and the number one guy has 100 you will not see a lot of return. Why would they call a random guy when there is a guy who has 100.

Their are ways to move on the market share in your region.

TomKing

Supportive Member
Name
Tom
Sam
I just did a search for you Lancaster CA carpet cleaning.

you came up #2 organic and #1 in the maps. That is really strong.

I then went to your web site.

If I could make a few suggestions.

With such great SEO results are you converting on your web site?

I would look at developing your site

You are missing a contact form on the landing page.
I can't see what you do right away.
You have won some local awards. They do not pop right out.

From watching you on the boards you seem to run a nice business and have a professional approach.

I would look at developing a web site that will convert more and makes you look like a major franchise.

I would put my money on that to grow my business. AL might not be the thing with your current SEO.

Take a look at what Joe from Big West Marketing has done for guys.

I think you might do well to spend some cash on a site
http://carpetcleaningwebsites.net/samples/

Look at what the #1 in the country is doing
https://www.stanleysteemer.com/

4 things I think a site needs
Bold phone number
Quick look at services you offer
Contact form that is easy to use
Where are you located

Good luck! Have a great spring

SamIam

Name
sam miller
Thanks Tom I know my site needs a lot of help. I can only beg Fred so much LOL.

Seriously though I would love to move my site away from Verizon have it redone but If I kept the same URL and had it redone professionally is it possible I drop in ranking in searches??? I just worry!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

TomKing

Supportive Member
Name
Tom
Sam from my limited knowledge if you own the domain you can port it. Call joe he has built 4 sites for me. He is a straight shooter.
Call me this is longer conversation.

Thanks Tom I know my site needs a lot of help. I can only beg Fred so much LOL.

Seriously though I would love to move my site away from Verizon have it redone but If I kept the same URL and had it redone professionally is it possible I drop in ranking in searches??? I just worry!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Reactions: SamIam

knoxclean

Supportive Member
Name
David Gargan
Tom are you planning to move away from the high dollar extortion rate of Angies list by marketing in other areas or keep paying the large increase's every year? They have gone from $167 to $405 a month on my account in 3 years. Last year I played hard ball and said no to the increase and told them I would go no higher than a 20% increase. (they went up 40% in one year) They said sorry we are going to miss you. I had to call back the next week and accept the deal. The thing is I do generate a lot of business from them and the clients are good but with another increase next year I'll at the point where it's not worth the money.

We had two carpet cleaning companies go out of business here this year that were on Angies list. They were the ones offering all the great specials ( 5 rooms for $119) There were also heavy Groupon and Living Social users. They just don't see how they are hurting their subscribers by bulling companies into offering cheap deal for members.

I found this on the Angies List web site. http://www.angieslist.com/articles/how-much-should-carpet-cleaning-cost.htm

If they say a professional cleaning should be between .30 and .50 why do they allow lowball room pricing companies to advertise?

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
Dry cleaning, also known as "low moisture" or "encapsulation" cleaning, uses a chemical solution and minimal water for a quicker clean, but can't reach as deep as powerful wet cleaning methods. Homeowners don't need to wait as long before walking on their carpet, but are often asked to vacate the home during cleaning to prevent accidental chemical inhalation. Dry cleaning typically costs less than wet cleaning, as it doesn't require as much labor or equipment.
:eekk:

Where do they get this stuff?

Lars

Name
Lars
Angie's List wanted to charge me 300 a month and I got them down to 100 a month.

still haven't seen much of a return yet...

TomKing

Supportive Member
Name
Tom
Two things David that article was not written by Angies list it was written by a vendor and then published by them.

Al charges by the membership numbers. You have to know your count to evaluate what is happening.

Tom are you planning to move away from the high dollar extortion rate of Angies list by marketing in other areas or keep paying the large increase's every year? They have gone from $167 to $405 a month on my account in 3 years. Last year I played hard ball and said no to the increase and told them I would go no higher than a 20% increase. (they went up 40% in one year) They said sorry we are going to miss you. I had to call back the next week and accept the deal. The thing is I do generate a lot of business from them and the clients are good but with another increase next year I'll at the point where it's not worth the money.

We had two carpet cleaning companies go out of business here this year that were on Angies list. They were the ones offering all the great specials ( 5 rooms for $119) There were also heavy Groupon and Living Social users. They just don't see how they are hurting their subscribers by bulling companies into offering cheap deal for members.

I found this on the Angies List web site. http://www.angieslist.com/articles/how-much-should-carpet-cleaning-cost.htm

If they say a professional cleaning should be between .30 and .50 why do they allow lowball room pricing companies to advertise?

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom