Angies list

mirf

Supportive Member
Name
David Mirfin
They are calling again to have us sign up. Always said no in the past but agreed to listen to them this time. Can you help with how you use it? Do you have any problems? Is it worth it? What plan are you using?
Thanks

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
Are there enough people signed up in your area to make it worthwhile. I wish they were bigger here but unfortunately the have only 600 some people. Just not enough to spend much with them.

mirf

Supportive Member
Name
David Mirfin
I do not know how many signed up. They have been on tv lately.

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
If enough are signed up and you are at the top for positive reviews it can be a pretty good deal. Potential clients go there and see you ranked high with reviews. The odds are greatly in your favor that they will call you.

GeneMiller

Name
gene miller
So how do we find out how many locally are signed up. Do I have to trust what they say or can I see for myself.

Gene

TomKing

Supportive Member
Name
Tom
STOP don't do it!!!!!!!

They are now selling $9.95 memberships and offering free service. They are driving the clients to look for deals and not good service providers. if i were not in Indy their headquarters i would kick them to the curb.

Don't give them any money just work on getting reviews.

Russ T.

Supportive Member
Name
Russ Terhaar
Run from them!

Shady games and deals. A company that's so good wouldn't have to hunt down every carpet cleaner in every city.

Like Tom said, work on getting legit reviews on Google, Yelp, Facebook...

rhino1

Name
Chris Bolin
We have paid for a premium listing for the last 3 years, it started at $60 per month and is up to $100 now. We have gotten quite a few good, lifetime customers from them but it has changed. The absolute WORST customers I have dealt with in the past 6 months have been AngiesList customers, and they threatened to sue us. AngiesList itself is having issues with bad P.R. and lawsuits and I think that is changing the way customers are viewing the businesses that partner with them. No one cares about their service awards, and when I have bothered to mention them the feedback was not positive. I won't be renewing and I definitely would not sign up with them at least until the dust clears. I would think they are going to try to turn into a deal website or stop membership fees for customers and have the partner businesses carry more of the costs.

GeneMiller

Name
gene miller
Wow. I'm surprised but glad to hear I made the right choice. My main reason for no website or using any of the available choices out there is I really don't want the work. If I could get two solid employees that would change.

Gene

Papa John

Lifetime Supportive Member
Name
John Stewart
STOP don't do it!!!!!!!

They are now selling $9.95 memberships and offering free service. They are driving the clients to look for deals and not good service providers. if i were not in Indy their headquarters i would kick them to the curb.

Don't give them any money just work on getting reviews.

I Agree...
Every year I say I'm not going to renew with ALs due to negative ROI-- and they still convince me to renew by lowering the price or adding an additional service area/county.

Damn!! they Got me again!-- They say I would do better if I offered a discount coupon. so I did... I also renewed because I hope it will increase web traffic/SEO. hopefully this year will be different..

TomKing

Supportive Member
Name
Tom
They give me that discount your services crap all the time. They act like its my fault because we re to expensive. They think our service are like a discounted gallon of milk to be used as a lost leader.

They absolutely do not get that people only buy our services every 1-3 years.

ruff

Name
Ofer Kolton
Oh, they do get it, Tom.
It's just that they don't really care.

Went public, now they got to show an ever increasing earnings or the stock goes down. You know the spiel.
And I don't think they earn enough to be able to generate dependable dividends. Hopefully you did not invest in the stock.

On the other hand, and hope that's great comfort to you, I've dealt with them since they started, and they've been pretty bad from the very beginning.

SamIam

Name
sam miller
I wrote them an $800 check for the year got no return since I advertised with them I wont renew.

Old Coastie

Supportive Member
Name
Stephen
My experienceis a bit different. They are about all the advertising I do and the people who call are literate, tend to be affluent and ready to spend money.

There are exceptions.

ted mcfadden

Supportive Member
Name
Ted McFadden
$180K last year from AL (21 calls in the last 30 days), same from Yelp (30 calls in the last 30 days). If you put time into your AL profile which is free you can really get a return. It took me awhile to get to 150 reviews but we are really at the top of the AL market in my area right now. I only have 49 reviews on Yelp and it is a great return as well. I am not a carpet cleaner but there is value in there if you mine it properly. I spend a combined $2300 per month now on AL and Yelp and receive combine revenue of more than $38K per month.

I am not saying it is worth it for you but it is definitely worth it for me.

Ron K

$180K last year from AL (21 calls in the last 30 days), same from Yelp (30 calls in the last 30 days). If you put time into your AL profile which is free you can really get a return. It took me awhile to get to 150 reviews but we are really at the top of the AL market in my area right now. I only have 49 reviews on Yelp and it is a great return as well. I am not a carpet cleaner but there is value in there if you mine it properly. I spend a combined $2300 per month now on AL and Yelp and receive combine revenue of more than $38K per month.

I am not saying it is worth it for you but it is definitely worth it for me.
Thats a great return! What do you do?

Spurlington

Name
Spurlino
They call and leave a message 3 times a week and an email here and there .. gees isnt it obvious Im not interested !!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom