Angora Rug Cleaning Question

Mardie

Name
Mardie VanBree
I am asked to clean a white Angora rug which has about 4" long hairs. Quite thick with a silky look. Cat pissed on it then custy did the vinegar/baking soda thing to it then hit it with a pet store enzyme. She made it very wet with the enzyme and that is when she said it turned a redish color after it dried. The redish color is about 1 Ft. in diameter in 3 different spots that she tried to clean. I seen it today and it stinks (not cat piss) where she treated it. Any suggestion before i go at this would be appreciated.

Thanks

bob vawter

Grassy Knoller
Name
bob vawter
I am asked to clean a white Angora rug which has about 4" long hairs. Quite thick with a silky look. Cat pissed on it then custy did the vinegar/baking soda thing to it then hit it with a pet store enzyme. She made it very wet with the enzyme and that is when she said it turned a redish color after it dried. The redish color is about 1 Ft. in diameter in 3 different spots that she tried to clean. I seen it today and it stinks (not cat piss) where she treated it. Any suggestion before i go at this would be appreciated.

Thanks

Ya does it match yor drapes.......?

Doug Cox

Supportive Member
Name
Doug Cox
If it's what I'm thinking, I'd wash it in a washer. That is, if it's not that large. Pics would help though.

Mardie

Name
Mardie VanBree
If it's what I'm thinking, I'd wash it in a washer. That is, if it's not that large. Pics would help though.

It is a full size 9x12. I am planning on flushing the spots with water and water claw it first to flush all the crap out that she put in it before i clean it. I am kinda thinking that the redish color is water damage .

J Scott W

Name
Jeffrey Scott Warrington
I wonder if the reddish tint is a reaction to the pH of the cleaner she used. I would start with testing the pH of unaffected area and pH of red area. A simple rinse with whatever it took to adjust the pH might be all that is needed.

If you clean, I would suggest Wool Medic for the stains. This will stabilize any loose dyes and help to remove any remaining urine. Overall clean with Wool Perfect and rinse with Wool Zone.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom