Another Hoss review

alazo1

Name
Albert Lazo
Sorry no pics.

I had a Hoss for about 15 jobs. Pretty much every type of carpet except glue down and really thick pile.
I only have the rx to compare it to.

The head:
Pros:
I like the design and how it fits under a lot of dressers that the rx does not.
I checked all holes before the first job. They were all open. On my last job I checked them again and they were open as well.
The agitation of the shoes seemed like it would be too much at first but I did not have any issues with seams.
No issues with streaking. I really like the sleek head on this machine.

Cons:
There were vibration noises, not sure where they were coming from but it did not seem like it was from the motor.
It would be nice if the nut that holds each wheel would be recessed into the wheel. On residential settings the nut can mar door moldings and edges of furniture if not careful.
You pretty much have to carry the unit up and down the stairs, the wheels are too small and the handle lock will hit the thread of the stairs. I'm used to just rolling the rx up and down the stairs.

The handle:
Pros:
None

Cons:
The handlebar is clumsy and way too wide for residential. A redesign of the handle to be more sleek would make this machine a dream on residential. I'd like to see an rx type of handle on it. It really doesn't seem like they put a lot of thought into it.
The micro switch that turns the unit on kept sticking to the on position.

Overall:
The dry times and agitation are at least as good as an rx with Chem-Dry skids. I really like that the head is sleek but the handle needs some serious help. It seems to clean as good if not better then an rx with the Chem-Dry skids. The original skids (full slots) on an rx I think are too aggressive so I'm not comparing them to the Hoss.

If I had to choose between this and the rx I'd probably go with the Hoss. Time will tell if the Hoss will hold up though.

Albert

Mikey P

Administrator
The vibration is in the wheels Albert.
A washer or two helps but I'll assume it will get a factory fix that should REALLY quiet this thing down

I agree that the hose elbow should be turned to un widen the load as well as having an option to turn the handles in a bit for when things get narrow. (the 360i needs this option as well)

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
You'll grow into them bro

40_Now_Those_Are_Ape_Hangers.jpg

Back
Top Bottom