Another Hydrogen Peroxide Question.

Jose Smith

Okay, when it comes to parts, how safe is it? I know my Stain Magic bottle will start leaking after an hour or so.

So what about my Hydro-Force? If I am spraying a mixture of a few ounces of HP with my UltraPac, is it causing any damage?

I only ask this because my HF has stopped spraying chemical on two different occasions. Apparently, the "dema valve" was damaged on both occasions and they couldn't explain to me why when I took it in. Could I attribute this to hydrogen peroxide running through it everyday?

Jose Smith

bensurdi

Name
Benjamin Surdi
Hydrogen Peroxide wouldn't cause that. It would be from the chems your running through it... maybe a high p.h cleaner or something.

We use a lot of sodium percarbonate every day as well with no problems.

Name
Shawn Forsythe
Brass is a reactive metal subject to the effects of oxidation corrosion. In fact, it is oxidation corrosion that is 90% responsible for the contents of our brass recycle bin.

The most sensitive part of a Hydroforce is the brass venturi nozzle. Fortunately the chemical that is actually in the HF reservoir never actually contacts the nozzle during operation. The check valve is plastic and plated brass, so it's a bit protected. However, its not a good idea to leave corrosive chemicals in constant contact (e.g. overnight, or over the weekend), so it's a good idea to rinse after use. I would be more worried about unprotected reactive metal surfaces, like the disconnects, brass jets, fittings, in other components if you use peroxide through them. Even the wastetank's aluminum would be a consideration.

Hydrogen peroxide is the strongest oxidizer that carpet cleaners will ordinarily use. If you use it right, you can also minimize the potential downsides. Rinse your system after use, that's all.

All TM manufacturers recommend that you "rinse" your system of chemicals after use. The reason for this is three-fold. First, you are removing hydrocarbon solvents that attack your elastomers (pump seals, o-rings), second you are removing caustic chemicals that corrode metals, and third you are removing oxidizers that may be present (if you use them), that also corrode metals AND age elastomers.

People who rinse their systems and aluminum waste recovery tanks typically more than double the life expectancy of their equipment, and certainly have less direct repair costs.

SRI Cleaning

Name
Anthony Firmani
Mikey P said:
I run a cup or 3 through my HF every day.

No issues.

Hey Mike, do you have any issues with foaming when you use that much peroxide? Whenever I use olt of it in one batch, I get foam buildup and lose vac. Do you use a defoamer at all? It could be that I just happened to use alot on bad carpets that were loaded with other chems.

billyeadon

Supportive Member
Name
Bill Yeadon
Shawn thank you for a very thorough answer. We should just call you Shawnopedia.

SRI Cleaning said:
[quote="Mikey P":jceacw3g]I run a cup or 3 through my HF every day.

No issues.

Hey Mike, do you have any issues with foaming when you use that much peroxide? Whenever I use olt of it in one batch, I get foam buildup and lose vac. Do you use a defoamer at all? It could be that I just happened to use alot on bad carpets that were loaded with other chems.[/quote:jceacw3g]

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom