Another move in the right direction for this industry

Terry

Supportive Member
Name
Terry O'Brien
I just got this from my my regional organization NEIRC and thought I'd post it, and wish Tony well in moving this group forward.
<o:p></o>

IICRC Announces: IICRCA International Trade Association<o:p></o>

<tbody>
</tbody>
VANCOUVER, Wash.) November 19, 2012 - The Institute of Inspection, Cleaning and Restoration Certification (IICRC) has officially announced the International Inspection, Cleaning and Restoration Council of Associations (IICRCA). This international trade association was initially approved by the IICRCA executive committee and board of directors in 2010. <o:p></o>
The IICRCA is a council of associations that represent the cleaning, restoration and inspection industries. The new association will provide education, legislative, networking and advocacy services to industry professionals, companies and supporting organizations involved in the inspection, cleaning and restoration industries. It will monitor and increase member awareness of government regulatory activities and serve as a voice on behalf of the industry. <o:p></o>
"The IICRCA has the goal of unifying the industry and spread the mission and standards of inspection, cleaning and restoration worldwide," said Tony Wheelwright, the current IICRCA president and chairman. "The association will aim to be a central resource for industry professionals to grow their businesses and better serve their customers."<o:p></o>
The initial board of directors of the IICRCA will be made up of the current executive committee of the IICRC. The IICRCA's first full board of directors will be elected by the association membership within the next 12 months. <o:p></o>
Transparency will be a hallmark of the IICRCA; accordingly, all paid positions of the IICRCA will be selected through an open request for proposal (RFP) process and chosen by a selection committee. Certified, professional candidates will be preferred. <o:p></o>
Members will have the right to use the IICRCA logos. Additionally, the IICRCA, in association with its affiliate partners, will provide members will new benefits including: <o:p></o>
Prestige: recognition of professional achievements <o:p></o>

<tbody>
</tbody>

<tbody>
</tbody>

Terry

Supportive Member
Name
Terry O'Brien
  • part 2
  • Recognition: awards, fellowships, scholarships<o:p></o>
  • Information: newsletters, journals, conferences, e-newsletters<o:p></o>
  • Advancement: training courses, seminars, workshops<o:p></o>
  • Representation: legislative relations' and lobbying, regulatory agency relationships<o:p></o>
  • Business and professional aids: research, surveys, guidelines, resource library<o:p></o>
  • Networking: social events, meetings, national conferences/trade shows<o:p></o>
  • Service: opportunities to serve the profession and industry through committee participation, task forces, etc.<o:p></o>
  • Leadership: hold office, chair committees and serve on boards<o:p></o>
  • Economic incentives: discounts on purchases, rentals, insurance, admission to the IICRCA trade show, etc. <o:p></o>
"The next few months will be an exciting time for the IICRCA as member benefits are finalized and approved," said Wheelwright. "We will build the association with one thing in mind: what will benefit our members the most?"<o:p></o>
To enable networking between association members, the IICRCA has committed to the launch of its first trade show - The Show - and is currently in the planning stages for the fall of 2013. The IICRCA will also support the 2013 trade shows of all of the IICRC's Memorandum of Understanding (MOU) partners.<o:p></o>
For more information, please visit IICRC.org or email IICRC Information.<o:p></o><o:p></o>

About the IICRC<o:p></o>
The IICRC is an international, ANSI-accredited standard-development organization (SDO) that certifies individuals in 20+ categories within the inspection, cleaning and restoration industries. Representing more than 54,000 certified technicians in 22 countries, the IICRC, in partnership with regional and international trade associations, represents the entire industry. The IICRC does not own schools, employ instructors, produce training materials, or promote specific product brands, cleaning methods or systems. To know if a technician has received proper education and training, consumers should look for the clean trust patch and logo, the service mark of the IICRC. For more information, visit IICRC. <o:p></o>

<tbody>
</tbody>

Jimmy L

Name
Jimmy L
Haven't found any need in my business for the org.

Ho hum

Goldenboy

Name
Mike Waldron
Wait til PETA finds out the Leader Mr. Wheelwright is a Baby Seal Clubber.

Golden Boy

hogjowl

Idiot™
Umm, what will it take Porkchop ?
Free pancakes for all ......

Drugs, at this point in my life?

Or, a better situation might be a local chapter with quality local support. At this point, I'd be about the only participant, and the quality of that particular contribution is in serious doubt.

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
Germany?

From or born?

Hey if you move to Colorado then I can come visit you, and don't be locking the doors and peeking out the windows like you did to Tony either! :pig:

Last edited by a moderator:

harryhides

Name
Tony
Another Name Change?
Totally Chicken shit.

My dear Mike, please read again slowly so that you fully understand the press release that was quoted above.
For 40 years we have had an Institute that creates Courses for Certification and develops industry Standards
known as the IICRC or Institute of Inspection Cleaning and Restoration Certification

Last we week we announced the launch of a totally new and different entity - a Trade Association made up of member Associations and Franchisors - the name is new but very close to the Institute's name, namely IICRCA which stands for International Inspection Cleaning & Restoration Council of Associations.

Associations have a very different purpose than do Institutes and Association members will have a menu of real benefits that will save them lots of money, plus free attendance at their annual Trade Show. If you still are having any difficulty grasping the difference please ask Chavez next time he shows up in Lawrence.

ACE

Name
Mike Hughes
My dear Mike, please read again slowly so that you fully understand the press release that was quoted above.
For 40 years we have had an Institute that creates Courses for Certification and develops industry Standards
known as the IICRC or Institute of Inspection Cleaning and Restoration Certification

Last we week we announced the launch of a totally new and different entity - a Trade Association made up of member Associations and Franchisors - the name is new but very close to the Institute's name, namely IICRCA which stands for International Inspection Cleaning & Restoration Council of Associations.

Associations have a very different purpose than do Institutes and Association members will have a menu of real benefits that will save them lots of money, plus free attendance at their annual Trade Show. If you still are having any difficulty grasping the difference please ask Chavez next time he shows up in Lawrence.

My mistake, super sorry bout that Harry hiny .
Please allow me the opportunity to rephrase
Another identity crisis?
Indubitably…. It’s another Identity crisis
And still totally chicken Chit!!!
My Sales are UP 20k this year after dropping my Association with the IICRC / Clean Trust / IICRCA.

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
I both agree and disagree.

You've taken the IICRC classes, so you have already benefited from the organization.

On going, well the best thing is even though you are no longer certified they can't take the education away from you.

The negative is if your competition is they can use that as leverage. Ummm excuse me a moment while I discuss something with my marketing girl.:p

Mike, Tony's news is actually greater news than it may first appear.

They have now formed a national association, one hopefully with some teeth and not one concerned with how those individuals in power will benefit from their position. The potential is for great things down the road!

ACE

Name
Mike Hughes
I was happy with the IICRC and did not expect them to provide marketing. But they kept selling me on the fact that I needed to be a certified firm to get jobs. They said they were spending a ton of money on customer education and name recognition. Then they change the name.
Chicken chit I say
They are increasingly dethatched form the real industry and keep making alliances with Euro / Canadian style regulatory groups.
The Association sounds like a money and power grab from the old boy circle jerk running the show.

harryhides

Name
Tony
I was happy with the IICRC and did not expect them to provide marketing. But they kept selling me on the fact that I needed to be a certified firm to get jobs. They said they were spending a ton of money on customer education and name recognition. Then they change the name.
Chicken chit I say
They are increasingly dethatched form the real industry and keep making alliances with Euro / Canadian style regulatory groups.
The Association sounds like a money and power grab from the old boy circle jerk running the show.

Mike, sounds like you have been talking to Chavez - umm big mistake - I've never heard of a Euro / Canadian regulatory group but sounds like a great idea.
But if you like any form of government regulation, move to Greece, I hear they have tons of good used equipment for sale over there too.
Sorry but virtually the entire Board are new in the last year or two even though some of us are getting "old".

The Association has only just launched so too soon for any announcements but within a month, my guess is that even you will be pleased with what is planned and will be announced.

ACE

Name
Mike Hughes
Now we are just arguing semantics.
That’s the kind of anal-retentive chicken chit that has ruined your organization.
Look,,
You are a organization owned by other organizations aligned with and expanding into other organizations. Each “organization” has an agenda. This is a recipe for failure.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom