Another Zipper knock off

John Olson

Name
John Olson
you're right John, when I look at the Bentley Pro, it more resembles a Slurpy machine. It's so completely different I don't know how I missed it's new category.

Just fess up, you CAN NOT WAIT to sell this thing to teach Erik a lesson.
again mikey you have missed everything I have ever said. Trying to drag me into your bullying is bullshit. Erik knows I have never ever once sold anyting but his tool. This isn't about Erik this is about you being a bullying to John plain and simple. So stop your bullshit with me it aint funny and it isn't cool and I hope it is just you trying to drum up drama because as someone that is supposed to be a friend you sure the hell arnet acting like it and Chavz..I don't know what to say to him. Disappointed doesn't even come close you I know your an asshole but Richard? Really?

Mikey P

Administrator
I didn't miss anything John.

Erik knows I have never ever once sold anyting but his tool.
What else was there to sell?

If the Bentley proves to be well built and functional, you will sell it. That's fine but admit that you are frustrated as are all retailers, who wont or cant sell the Zipper at the normal margins for our industry.

As for bullying John? If you want to see it that way that's fine, deflect on me, that's what pals are for.

I know the story and timeline behind the development of this tool and it was always about mytee bullying their way into Erik's market share. They would have released it much sooner but knew the internet backlash would have hurt them. Letting Rotovac take the blunt was a great opportunity. Hard to believe that Dang was not first.

If you want to pretend that that the two tools are apples and oranges go right ahead. Those of us with out any financial interest in the fight will just sit back and smile.

Reactions: smart n kleen

Mikey P

Administrator
So does Tony Dang have a zipper like wand coming out also? Pictures?

if there is a god it will look just like this..

69097-39bfdc56790b6095876fed69c3469be9.jpg

Mikey P

Administrator
true, and after seeing what his fab shop can do with that one piece manifold, you're probably right.

He just needs to put a steering wheel on it so suppliers can sell it as something completely different...:winky:

dealtimeman

Everyday is Saturday.
Name
Michael
Well gee Mike, are you speculating on the Bonzer being a complete piece of crap or have you used one and worn or broke it to come to that conclusion?

No tried to use it twice for demo at the show in Atlanta then again we tried using the "updated " version at connections at the mirage in the mikeysfest demo area.

AS I AND EVERYONE ELSE WITNESSED IT DID NOT WORK WELL AND WAS VERY AWKWARD TO USE, ESPECIALLY COMPARED TO THE ZIPPER.

THE MAIN PROBLEM I HAVE IS THAT ROTOCRAP DID THE BOZO COPY AND YOU MENTIONED NOTHING ON THE BOARD IN FACT SOME SAY YOU DEFENDED THEM( I said some "said") but now THERE IS A PICTURE AND A LOOSE CAD RENDERING, AND ALL OF THE SUDDON MYTEE IS THE DEVILS BROTHER AND ALL WHOM ASSOCIATE THEMSELVES SHOULD IMMEDIATLY PROCEDE TO A BRIDGE OR CLIFF AND PLUMMET THEMSELVES TO MAKE RIGHT AGAIN.

I BOTH THINK AND SAY THAT -THAT IS BULLSHIT AND VERY 2 SIDED JUST BECAUSE ROTCRAP IS AN ADVERTISER AND MYTEE IS NOT.

BULLSHIT I TELL YOU! ABSOLUTE BULLSHIT!

Last edited:

Mikey P

Administrator
Get a new phone.

Defended Rotovac? Nope, all I ever said was the Bonzer works well, if not better, in a furnished home setting. THOSE OF US WHO HAVE USED IT OUTSIDE OF A TRADE SHOW KNOW THIS.

Even Erik tried it and admitted to this FACT. So did Justin Stockwell and Adam Hale. But none of us, including Erik use push pull drag wands in furnished homes, so whats the point. RV designed a tool for a demand that is not there. But a T shaped handle and a 15" head on it if you want to sell it to people who need it for commercial. As it is it's just another future former hat rack.
I'll assume that the Bentley will be better suited than the Bonzer for commercial work. So does this mean you'll be wearing a Mytee shirt so you can into trade shows for free next year? I guess the poor zipper is just a has been now. The used market must be flooded.

btw, RV has asked me many times to take a Bonzer for free and to make a review video. nada.

dealtimeman

Everyday is Saturday.
Name
Michael
Is the price of the tool $1000 or $1500, because if it is 1500 there should be no concern and you will soon learn if your distributor "wants you to succeed" or just wants to sell you stuff.

Mikey P

Administrator
and while you have your blinders on, dont over look that fact that I give Mytee props where I feel they deserve some

The Bentley swivel is a top five wand, assuming Lisa make a teflon glide for it.
Their yet to be released locking vinyl cuffs look interesting, I just hope Demien tested them on his Vortex for 3 months.
The Trex junior would be my second choice in a RE but only because it's a knock off of the Superior 3601
and their acquisition of Shawn Forsythe was brilliant.

dealtimeman

Everyday is Saturday.
Name
Michael
Get a new phone.

Defended Rotovac? Nope, all I ever said was the Bonzer works well, if not better, in a furnished home setting. THOSE OF US WHO HAVE USED IT OUTSIDE OF A TRADE SHOW KNOW THIS.

Even Erik tried it and admitted to this FACT. So did Justin Stockwell and Adam Hale. But none of us, including Erik use push pull drag wand sin furnished homes so whats the point. RV designed a tool for a demand that is not there. But a T shaped handle and a 15" head on it if you want to sell it to people who need it for commercial. As it is it's just another future former hat rack.
I'll assume that the Bentley will be better suited than the Bonzer for commercial work. So does this mean you'll be wearing a Mytee shirt so you can into trade shows for free next year? I guess the poor zipper is just a has been now. The used market must be flooded.

btw, RV has asked me many times to take a Bonzer for free and to make a review video. nada.

THERE IT IS RIGHT THERE, WWWHHHHAAATTTT TTTHHEE FUUUUUUUUUCCKK!!!!!!!!!!!!!

They designed???????????????

The bozo is a straight copy, a bad copy, but still a copy!

Yet no harsh word or sentiment toward or against Rotovac for doing it.

MYTEE COMES OUT WITH DUAL VAC BISSELL WAND THAT MOST NOONE HAS SEEN OR USED AND THEY ARE A GREAT GLOB OF smoking POO?

I am just upset at the way you are taking a dump on mytee like you should have taken a dump on rotocrap for making a "dream" I mean "demand tool" I mean a STRAIGHT COPY!!

You know I will be showing off the zipper in the zipper booth and will demo mytee tool next to the zipper at the show.

If a tool won't work at a show(somewhat controlled envirment), why would anyone buy it and bring it home?

Remember when the mytee trex didn't work at mikeyfest and you trashed it for not working at the show?

I am just asking why the double sided treatment.

Mikey P

Administrator
falling apart and spraying my shoes and "not working" are two different things, especially when Mytee announced that all other RE extractors should quit production.

Rotovac has two knock offs in their product line up. How many does Mytee have?

and I have not said this Bpro is a POS, who knows it could work better than the Zipper.

John Olson

Name
John Olson
I didn't miss anything John.

What else was there to sell?

If the Bentley proves to be well built and functional, you will sell it. That's fine but admit that you are frustrated as are all retailers, who wont or cant sell the Zipper.

As for bullying John? If you want to see it that way that's fine, deflect on me, that's what pals are for.

I know the story and timeline behind the development of this tool and it was always about mytee bullying their way into Erik's market share. They would have released it much sooner but knew the internet backlash would have hurt them. Letting Rotovac take the blunt was a great opportunity. Hard to believe that Dang was not first.

If you want to pretend that that the two tools are apples and oranges go right ahead. Those of us with out any financial interest in the fight will just sit back and smile.
I've never not been able to sell the zipper. See you don't know everything Mikey. Why your trying to pit me against Eriks is total bullshit and frankly deserves a punch in the nose. My feelings about Eriks choice to take the margins out are public knowledge. My disagreements have always been true and honest and open with Erik because I LIKE ERIK and I like his tool. What I wont do is treat him different because I like him the truth is the truth is the truth no matter if you like it or not. SO your lying ass bullshit is what it is big fat lies and bullshit. Its tierseome Mike and I am serious it aunt cool turning on me like this trying to play saint mike. You promote snake oil salesmen because the pay you then try to act like your the little guys savior, your not. I am serious what are you going to say when the killer comes out? Big bank take little bank whos side will you really be on? You keep ignoring that, Remember people will see and remember so stop now its fun to pick on Mytee and rotovac you have a like minded mob so its easy it wont be so easy later.

Mikey P

Administrator
What exactly am I lying about?

I've told Erik a hundred times that he should be and should have been the first to offer a cheaper Zipper.

Am I angry with Mytee?

Yes, I've been pissed at them since the day I was asked to give them my original Studebaker Airpath for them to use in court. A lame retaliation for Sapphire threatening to sue them over the upholstery tool knock off.
John knew full well of my friendship with fellow JW Keith.
It was a dispicable moment that I'll never forget. My wife heard the whole thing go down in complete disbelief.

But hey who cares, fvck morals, let's make a buck.

I hope it works great and you sell a boatload.

Thread closed.

Reactions: BIG WOOD

smart n kleen

My new zipper copy. Please don't judge me. It's much cheaper than the original. I'm calling it the shark. What do you think ? It will be available at ICE
IMG_0096.JPG

Last edited:
Reactions: SamIam

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
John you should be disappointed in me if I didn't voice my opinion.
To sit back and silently let POS manufacturers take advantage of Erik or any other person with a creative thought (watch out Tom they will steal your wand!) would be something to be disappointed in.

A constant theme through this thread is "everybody does it". Just because everybody does it, does not make it right.

FOOK NO IT DOESN'T!

You guys defending the theft of intellectual property are delusional. You can say what want, spin it anyway you like but you know in your own heart (as black as it may be) that it is a knock off. :errf:

Fool yourself if you want but people are not that stooopid.
FOOKIN SCABS!

FOOK U LOCKHART!
:angry:

Reactions: sealcanvas

Cleanworks

Name
Ron Marriott
Ron someone has to stand up for what is right. I unlocked it. :twisted:
I understand and agree with you but just feel that this thread isn't going anywhere good. How many times do you want to bang your head against that thick wall of self justification that some people here use to make themselves sound like good, moral people while they are stabbing you in the back.

Reactions: Lee Stockwell

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
I'm willing to do it as long as it takes.

There is only RIGHT and Wrong. People have to pick a side and defend what is right or sink down with the low life snakes that say "everyone does it."

ruff

Name
Ofer Kolton
Just a little perspective, since my brother is a patent editor.
  • Patents have to be defend-able. Many inventors try to save money (or lack funds) and hire cheap patent writers that do not do a good job in writing it. Just like carpet cleaners- Not every patent writer is a good one.
  • Even a defend-able patent is costly to defend, prove damages and collect.
  • Patent infringements are very common. Practiced by many companies you guys happily support like Apple, Samsung, Microsoft to name a few.
  • Little known fact: The administration most of you supported (Bush -2) did the most damage through legislation to make it harder for small patent holders (not the deep pockets kind) to defend their patents. In other words they made it much harder for the little guys to protect their invention. Making it an even less even playing field.
  • Trump and the new administration will make it even worse. But that is a whole new can of worms.
  • Eric's zipper is a great tool. Go Eric!

and ook all :winky:

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom