Answer your freakin' phone

Willy P

Name
Willy P
Tried to order some Releasit from the number listed on the website- Nobody answering phones, leave number. 2 hours ago, still not even the courtesy of a return call. That crap drives me, and a few others I've talked to up the wall. Seems suppliers are taking a cavalier attitude towards their bread and butter customers Doesn't anybody understand customer service? If I pulled that $hit with customers, I'd be on the street.
Next, phoned Steve Smith- phone answered, all questions answered order will be placed. Thank you!

Is it just me or does anyone else get pissed off with chasing their tail with suppliers? I bust my ass trying to make my customers happy, but it gets difficult when some dough head returns your call days later. Releasits loss, Steve Smiths gain.

Fon Johnson

I don't guess it could have anything to do with the fact they are in FLORIDA, and something about a hurricane? You should go down there and kick their waterlogged asses, if their office has not been blown away..

J Scott W

Name
Jeffrey Scott Warrington
Now Rick Gelinas of Releasit fame is a competitor, so I try to avoid saying anything positive about him. But i beleive you are the only person I have ever heard comment negatively on Rick's customer service.

Between time zone differences and a hurrican, I think you could cut him a break.

Scott Warrington

Willy P

Name
Willy P
Let me clarify this- it was the releasit website and phone number I used, nothing to do with Rick or Excellent Supply. I'm really busy right now and I don't have time or patiences to chase my tail buying supplies. If I can't pick up a phone, place my order, and be done with it, it's not worth my time as it reflects on what I can expect for customer service down the road. I work hard for my money and have an understanding of customer service. Some bozos don't.

Fon- Weather report St Petersburg:
No Active Advisories (US Severe Weather)
rain
Rest of Today
Mostly cloudy with numerous showers and isolated thunderstorms. Highs in the mid 80s. Northwest winds 10 to 15 mph. Chance of rain 70 percent.

There goes that excuse. Simply put- piss poor customer service.

davegillfishing

Supportive Member
Name
dave gill
Willy P said:
Let me clarify this- it was the releasit website and phone number I used, nothing to do with Rick or Excellent Supply. I'm really busy right now and I don't have time or patiences to chase my tail buying supplies. If I can't pick up a phone, place my order, and be done with it, it's not worth my time as it reflects on what I can expect for customer service down the road. I work hard for my money and have an understanding of customer service. Some bozos don't.

rain
Rest of Today
Mostly cloudy with numerous showers and isolated thunderstorms. Highs in the mid 80s. Northwest winds 10 to 15 mph. Chance of rain 70 percent.

wow..yet you have time to cry on a forum...
i dont care what the weather report says..pretty much everything is shut down here in the south...take a breath and cut the guy some slack..he has a pretty awesome rep for helping others. maybe you should be hoping everything is ok with them instead of ranting..
but i am sure you dont have time for that...being you are so busy and all.

Jimmy L

Name
Jimmy L
Just another reason why Willy hates Americans!

THANKS RICKY!

Rex Tyus

Willy P said:

rain
Rest of Today

What did the report say for the last two days in the TAMPA/ ST PETE area? I think it was on the weather channel. :shock:

Greenie

The best thing about your experience above is there is always another guy interested in your business, just maybe not within a 2 hour window.

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
My supplier just gave me a Y for the whole 4 to the door thing that I will be trying soon. Pretty cool I think.
Then again, I don't bitch to him about every little thing when he is busy.

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
Steven Hoodlebrink said:
I was gonna try that with my steam genie, but i'm afraid i'll implode the waste tank.

I had a steam genie.
The two 2" hose makes it better for that, not worse.
At least, thats what I am hearin.

Ask Duane O. He is the Mastah of all that is TM.

Willy P

Name
Willy P
I got a call from someone who was in customer service apologizing profusely for a gaff caused by a new employee. And they can't sell in Canada. That pisses me off more than you know as this isn't the first time I've heard that from a supplier. Get to pay more from a Canadian distributor.Geeze- I have lots of money to spend but nobody wants it??? A little late as I have made alternative arrangements to get the products I want through Steve Smith. He has a live voice taking orders, not telling me "I can't". I have a 30,000 sf seniors facility amongst other things to do next month and I don't want to get caught waiting. This facility is speced low moisture, I just got the quarterly contract yesterday and I'd feel pretty stupid if I didn't have product to work with.

Am I harsh? I don't expect better service than the standard I deliver to my customers, big and small, but I do set my bar high. I have just so much time to do things like billings,books, ordering and other things.20 minutes, OK, an hour, I'm wondering, 2 hours and change, forget it. I look at a distributor as a partner that shares in my success by increased sales of their products to me. If they can't meet that standard, so be it.

Rob Lyon

Name
Rob Lyon
Now i don't know anything about Willy, but the fact that he is busy says alot, I can certainly appreciate the time is valuable aspect!!

Congrats on the quarterly cleanings!

Rex Tyus

Willy P said:
I got a call from someone who was in customer service apologizing profusely for a gaff caused by a new employee. And they can't sell in Canada. That pisses me off more than you know as this isn't the first time I've heard that from a supplier. Get to pay more from a Canadian distributor.Geeze- I have lots of money to spend but nobody wants it??? A little late as I have made alternative arrangements to get the products I want through Steve Smith. He has a live voice taking orders, not telling me "I can't". I have a 30,000 sf seniors facility amongst other things to do next month and I don't want to get caught waiting. This facility is speced low moisture, I just got the quarterly contract yesterday and I'd feel pretty stupid if I didn't have product to work with.

Am I harsh? I don't expect better service than the standard I deliver to my customers, big and small, but I do set my bar high. I have just so much time to do things like billings,books, ordering and other things.20 minutes, OK, an hour, I'm wondering, 2 hours and change, forget it. I look at a distributor as a partner that shares in my success by increased sales of their products to me. If they can't meet that standard, so be it.

Since your profile is so incomplete I have to ask, are you from Quebec? Or are you a normal Canadian?

White Collar

Name
Nick Petersen
Yeah, I emailed fibermax asking a question about there powermax and all I have gotten back is that they will respond to my email within 48 hrs. Havent heard anything and its been 60hrs.
It is kinda frustrating but we make mistakes.

Does anyone here know if you can buy a smaller size than the 45lb drum of that prespray? I want to check it out but I dont want to get stuck with 45lbs of junk.

Willy P

Name
Willy P
Rex Tyus said:
[quote="Willy P":k6z9k20t]I got a call from someone who was in customer service apologizing profusely for a gaff caused by a new employee. And they can't sell in Canada. That pisses me off more than you know as this isn't the first time I've heard that from a supplier. Get to pay more from a Canadian distributor.Geeze- I have lots of money to spend but nobody wants it??? A little late as I have made alternative arrangements to get the products I want through Steve Smith. He has a live voice taking orders, not telling me "I can't". I have a 30,000 sf seniors facility amongst other things to do next month and I don't want to get caught waiting. This facility is speced low moisture, I just got the quarterly contract yesterday and I'd feel pretty stupid if I didn't have product to work with.

Since your profile is so incomplete I have to ask, are you from Quebec? Or are you a normal Canadian?[/quote:k6z9k20t]
Yer ticker den mud Bye! Eyem haf Newfinese an haf Nova Scotian livin in Vancouver. :p

Thanks Rob! It certainly gives me a nice chunk every 3 months. :)

Rex Tyus

Yer ticker den mud Bye! Eyem haf Newfinese an haf Nova Scotian livin in Vancouver.

Oh yea, I remember now. So much for being normal. :p
Cut us Floridians some slack when there is a storm though. We are just dangling in the ocean after all. Even though it is only a tropical storm a slow mover like Fay can cause widespread problems.

B Steinbach

Hey White Collar, try calling them and asking for a free sample. They sent me out a sample about a year ago, and seemed very nice to deal with at the time. The product worked well, but I have settled on Judson products for HWE.

PS. I do agree that product/service companies need to be focused on quick responses to customer needs. If they don't, customers should go somewhere else for those products/services.

Willy P

Name
Willy P
B Steinbach said:
PS. I do agree that product/service companies need to be focused on quick responses to customer needs. If they don't, customers should go somewhere else for those products/services.

Someone that understands......
slowclap.gif

Duane Oxley

Moon Unit
Name
Duane Oxley
Steven Hoodlebrink said:
I was gonna try that with my steam genie, but i'm afraid i'll implode the waste tank.

Steven:

It's not airflow that implodes a tank, but the force that moves the airflow. In other words, "lift".

Keep your vacuum relief set where it is now and you'll have nothing to be concerned about.

Duane

Steve Toburen

Supportive Member
Durango, Colorado/Santiago, Dominican Republic
Name
Steve Toburen
Once again I find myself reluctantly siding with my buddy and internet sparring partner Scotty Warrington. (Who by the way is also a competitor.) Rick Gelinas by choice runs a small operation which means you get more personal service in Rick's chosen niche of commercial encapsultion cleaning. (In this area Rick reminds me of the Carly Simon song, "Nobody Does It Better.) However, the lack of depth in Rick's company also means once in awhile something falls through the cracks.

The good news here, Willy, that Rick is a true gentleman and my guess is will still be happy to help and advise you even if you were compelled to make your purchase this time elsewhere.

Steve Toburen
Director of Training
Jon-Don's Strategies for Success

PS "I look at a distributor as a partner that shares in my success by increased sales of their products to me. If they can't meet that standard, so be it." Overall I couldn't agree more. (Especially if this happens with Scott's company I know just where to send you!:) ) It is just that Rick is in a special niche and he has won a lot of points in the industry over the years. So you might want to give him a shot next time, Willy. Not for his sake- for yours just to tap into Rick's knowledge of the commercial market. Your call. BTW, good call on encapping. This technique has revolutionized the commercial contract business of a lot of our customers.

hogjowl

Idiot™
Ya know ... there's just SOMETHING that pisses me off about people who are always smiling and at the same time they're trying to pick my wallet.

Makes me wanna PUKE!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom