Any difference in this vac. hose..

Larry Cobb

Name
Larry Cobb
Keith;

The vac hose to look for is the "SuperFlex" brand.

It provides more flexibility & durability.

You can spot it because it has a light blue interior heat-dissipating liner,

regardless of the exterior color.

Larry

Able 1

Name
Keith
Larry Cobb said:
Keith;

It provides more flexibility & durability.

You can spot it because it has a light blue interior heat-dissipating liner,

regardless of the exterior color.

Larry

So, Interlink has the good stuff?? How much in shipping if I would buy from you?

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
Larry Cobb said:
Keith;

is that the same Superflex Greenie was selling?
If so, I think it's junk.
You'll be cutting off the first 2-3 ft every month due to hose kink collapse
(if your TM makes and any heat and suck, anyway)

..L.T.A.

Mike Draper

Joseph Merrick said:
[quote="Larry Cobb":1tdeqb20]Keith;

is that the same Superflex Greenie was selling?
If so, I think it's junk.
You'll be cutting off the first 2-3 ft every month due to hose kink collapse
(if your TM makes and any heat and suck, anyway)

..L.T.A.[/quote:1tdeqb20]

must not be, I used it for 4 years on my butler and now have it one my new truck. Never a kink or collapse. Even with all the heat i produce now. I've never had to trim any hose off.

truckmount girl

1800greenglides
Name
Lisa Smith
Because neither of those links give the brand/manufacturer of the hose, I couldn't tell you.

If you are looking for lightweight and flexible, you would go one way, if you are looking for durable and long-lasting, you would go another. You give up one set to get the other. Superflex is a trade name for hose made by Amflex. I liked the Amflex hose because it's lightweight and flexible for the last section of hose. You will cut it down every so often because of kinking, but it's worth it for the ease of use in the home. I liked to run heavier hose, like Flexaust on the rest of the reel for durability and longevity.

BTW - Amflex makes/made several different weights of flexible hose designed for everything from portys and the car wash industry up to very heavy hose for the sewage sucking industry. Joe and Greenie have done a lot of work directly with the manufacturers to develop a TM hose that was as light and flexible as possible, but still as durable as possible, and there were many variations leaning one way or another that both Jeff and Joe sold.

Take care,
Lisa

truckmount girl

1800greenglides
Name
Lisa Smith
Yes, many distributors have discovered the wonders of Amflex's lightweight, flexible vac hose. I was just saying that it was Jeff and Joe who actually worked with Amflex to develop better hose.

Take care,
Lisa

John Olson

Name
John Olson
I wasn't replying to you Lisa :) Just posting in general that the crazy person isn't the only one with Amflex Hose and just because he calls it "lil better" doesn't mean it is something different. It is still Amflex hose.

John Olson

Name
John Olson
It cost more then $1per so if he is charging you $50 for a 50' section he is either losing a LOT of money or he isn't selling Amflex.

Chris A

Name
Chris
Just bustin on ya John, actually the 1 1/2 is $92 for a 100 ft section, I didn't check the 2...

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
it's lightweight and flexible for the last section of hose. You will cut it down every so often because of kinking, but it's worth it for the ease of use in the home.

junk
and then some cueballs made it stiffer and bulkier by adding bend restrictors to make up for it being junk

such wisdom is beyond me.... :roll: :roll:

..L.T.A.

Able 1

Name
Keith
Chris Adkins said:
floorguy said:
or check with Joe....

x2

I called Joe and he told me I would be better of buying locally :shock:(thanks for looking out Joe) since the shipping would be high.

The hose I have on my truck now is blue on the inside and the outside as well. I bought it from Greenie three years ago and have had no problem with it crimping or collapsing on me. It is rather stiff but seems like it will last FOREVER.. I just want the same stuff.

Chris A

Name
Chris
Joseph Merrick said:
it's lightweight and flexible for the last section of hose. You will cut it down every so often because of kinking, but it's worth it for the ease of use in the home.

junk
and then some cueballs made it stiffer and bulkier by adding bend restrictors to make up for it being junk

such wisdom is beyond me.... :roll: :roll:

..L.T.A.

I had that issue 3 years ago when I bought that hose, however it seems to have gotten better and I've run it on my current rig for about a year with no problems

steve g

Name
steve garrett
flexhaust super truck mount to me is unusable. its so freaking stiff you will knock things off tables and just get pissed off dealing with it. it also cracked and broke because of cold weather up here. Amflex is the only hose I know of that is halfway decent, it does if soaked in sewer tend to hold on to the odor even if cleaned. back in the mid to late 90's the hose that was standard equipment on prochem machines IS the BEST vac hose I have EVER used. with it you give up nothing its heavy duty AND flexable, it looks just like flexhaust but if you look closely the outer ribs are concave slightly instead of slightly convex on the flexhaust super truckmount. I wish I knew how to get more of the hose. but after 8 yrs or so it got looking too bad to take into houses. I have since moved the hose to a backup machine further back on its reels.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom