Any of you offer house cleaning?

Mikey P

Administrator
Weekly or Bi weekly?

I know Lippold has in the past and wants to again.

My wife did it years ago, I was able to fill her up with clients real easy.

always looking for the next add on...

hogjowl

Idiot™
I have often toyed with the possibility of adding house cleaning. I mean, it's only a small step away from what we are doing now. Same clients, concentric nature ... but ... the thought of adding personnel and female hormones ... small nickle and dime jobs ... lower profit margin ... no thanks.

I'm happy being a broke owner operator.

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
I worked with a house cleaner in the Sacramento area.

She would give me a referral fee because she couldn't give me as many carpet cleaning jobs....I got 20% of something I wouldn't have made anything on by just referring out.

With that said....If you can refer out to an aweseome cleaner..... a larger operation...That can refer carpet cleaning jobs to you....THAT's the way to go in my opinion.

With THAT said...that 20% was a pretty good deal after a while but I only got it on the first cleaning on the Monthy's etc.

But if that customer called ME for another clean.....20% again.

Don't take on the responsibility of adding it on....Unless you're ready for it.

There is enough responsibility in just refering it out....Check your sources.

ascrubabove

We have done the weekly, bi-weekly house cleaning. The biggest problems we ran into were home owners are particular about the people they want cleaning (they want to like them), custy's change thier cleaning schedule often for wierd reasons, and cleaners calling out the morning they are suposed to be at a custy's house!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :twisted:

Billy

Name
BH
We never offered House Cleaning but we did start out as a Construction Cleanup/Janitorial company. We was getting bigger & had employees but it became an issue finding good employees so we looked for diversification & went towards carpet cleaning & haven't looked back.

Derek

Supportive Member
Name
Derek
i am glad to be done with janitorial. we started off cleaning houses just me and the missus. did that a few years. i felt funny being a guy cleaning a house, maybe it's just me. it got old quick.

then 14 years of cleaning offices at night. hopefully i wont have to ever go back to cleaning toilets. being an O/O, more $ in carpet cleaning. but if you have employees then that is a different story i reckon.

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
Doug Cox said:
[quote="Mikey P":9dkl097q]always looking for the next add on...
I hear weight loss products are a popular business now.[/quote:9dkl097q]

shiteatinggrin

Actually....You would be surprised.

I run into stay at home moms all the time looking to lose a few pounds.

Those customers are my customers now. :|

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
Marty said:
I am so glad you've finally moved on to hawking something other than pad cleaning and websites.

I can't wait to see what's next.

I still hawk padding and website marketing....Don't you get my emails???

GeneMiller

Name
gene miller
the best add on for my money is the remove block and tab fee.. Charge $50 and send out a guy you pay $25. easy money no extra work.

gene

Zee

Supportive Member
Name
GeneMiller said:
the best add on for my money is the remove block and tab fee.. Charge $50 and send out a guy you pay $25. easy money no extra work.

gene

I have to ask... are you serious?? You actually do that and people pay for your guy to come back and remove the tabs/blocks??

Derek

Supportive Member
Name
Derek
if you have employees it sounds like a good add on.

generous of you Lee! i'd have to charge with today's gas prices.

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
I've been back to customers who still had the tabs under the sofas a year later...Squished.

I'll move a sofa every now and then but that's about it.

I've also done carpet jobs that were done by someone else previously and I'll see the plastic tabs sticking out of the furniture.

I'm not sure that anyone else but a carpet cleaner would notice them.

GeneMiller

Name
gene miller
people rarely ask for protector either but when you offer it 80% get it especially on furniture. yes i am serious, remember i'm in south Florida home of the cotton top ( old folks ). they don't care to bend down if they don't half to. IN Boca Raton we have more then one service that will come to your house and pick up your dog poop. it is a very service oriented part of the country.

gene

Brian R said:
I've been back to customers who still had the tabs under the sofas a year later...Squished.

I've also done carpet jobs that were done by someone else previously and I'll see the plastic tabs sticking out of the furniture.

That is what separates me from the pack.

Most people would rather have someone do a good job with spray and suck but get under as much as possible and tab everything than someone that comes in vacuums, scrubs, and rinses but just around furniture. That is my viewpoint.

If the carpet looks clean and you move things around, people take notice of that.

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
danielc said:
Brian R said:

That is what separates me from the pack.

Most people would rather have someone do a good job with spray and suck but get under as much as possible and tab everything than someone that comes in vacuums, scrubs, and rinses but just around furniture. That is my viewpoint.

If the carpet looks clean and you move things around, people take notice of that.

No they don't

Derek

Supportive Member
Name
Derek
if you only market to ppl who dont care if you dont move furniture, and you have enough work to be successful, good on ya. i would love that.

i do so few of houses a year that i do offer to move furniture, tho i dont like it. i broke my 1st piece of furniture a few weeks ago...an old kitchen table in an old farm house. i foolishly put all 4 chairs on it, put sliders under the 4 legs and started pulling it into the Lvg Rm. both legs on the far side gave out and down it all went. the extra chair weight was the last straw. the legs were wobbly to begin with...i shoulda refused to move it.

she wouldn't let me take it to a furniture repair shop and pay for it to be fixed :roll: so i ate the $270, gave her a free CC'ing and her father fixed it. i could have fixed it for $20. a relatively cheap lesson.

demon00seven

We're the carpet and duct cleaning leading services providers, and love to work with full customer satisfactions at very reliable prices, and we're doing this business from ten years. People are fully satisfied with our services.

Carpet Cleaning Miami Fl

Back
Top Bottom