Any one using DriEaz Defendair hepa 500?

ruff

Name
Ofer Kolton
Anyone have experience with DriEaz Defendair hepa 500?

1. How is the noise level on an on-going basis? This is for the inside of my house to use all the time.
2. How does it work with smoke and what I mean is wood smoke from neighbors' fireplaces?
3.How hardy is it compared with other machines?
4. How much does it cost to operate?

Any others that are better? Thanks for your advice!

Hoody

Supportive Member
Name
Steven Hoodlebrink
I've used it with the carbon filters for smoke quite a bit. The benefits I like are it is nicely portable, small and compact, and rotomolded so it can take a beating(have seen them dropped down stairs and still work afterward)

They are a bit loud running them full blast, but really I haven't found an AFD/Negative air that was real quiet. As for a permanent air scrubber in your home, I would get a close idea of what your cubic footage is. Take that and divide it by 30,000, if the number you get is 2-3 or more you should be good to go. That will calculate how many air exchanges per hour the machine will make for you.(500 CFM x 60 minutes = 30,000 CF per hour).

If the number you get is much larger, say 5-6, you could turn the machine down a bit to help with the noise, and power usage, and still filter efficiently. The amount of power it uses is minimal considering, however I don't have an exact figure on cost per day, ect.

tmdry

Name
Bill Martins
I took this out of my "Leadership in Restorative Drying" book.

The formula to calculate the electrical costs of the equipment is:

AmpsxVoltsx24/1000xcost per Kilowatt Hour

The Defendair 500 has 3 amps, 115V, 60 Hz.

To calculate the electrical cost of running an air scrubber consuming 3 amps of energy at 115/1/60 (volts/phase/hertz) per day when the local electrical costs are 14 cents per kilowatt hour (kWh).:

3x115x24/1000x0.14= $1.16 per day.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom