ANY ORDERING COMPLAINTS ABOUT COBBSUPPLY?

TimP

Never had trouble getting anything. They usually say if they are out of stock or how much they have left of items if they are low.

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
I made an order and it never came in so had to call back and re-order it and then a few days later after it got here someone would find my first order floating around some where and charge my card again and send me out another shipment.....

aside from that..I have not had any other problems.....

Brian L

Name
Brian L
The last 3 times I ordered from them they screwed up the orders. I would wait 2 weeks for the shipment to come......when it didn't come I called and they either could not find the order or had some other excuse. The last time I ordered from them I called twice to check on the order......they said they would get to it, after a month I called to cancel the order and they had no record of my order.

I really liked Powermax but I will not go through that BS ever again.

If you could order from their website it would probably help with the screw-ups or at least make them minimal.

Jimmy L

Name
Jimmy L
And here I wanted to order that superflex 2.5 hose from him.

Its hard being a distributor. I used to work at one for 5 years. I would talk to Larry Cobb and I am sure that he will take care of you. I am sure they didn't do it on purpose. You may want to fax your orders it really helps and it makes it a lot less likely that you are going to have any issues. I know that it can be frustrating when you are out of chemicals and you need something and you dont get it.

The Preacher

ditto Jim.

i ordered some powder reducer and it got shipped to my old address when i told the guy on the phone my new one.

i paid for the first order by CC and when it didn't show up they sent the replacement order 2day rush. then tried to bill me for the freight and the replacement order???

i've worked for a jan/san disty and orders that were shipped were flagged differently in the final print out at the end of the day to ensure they had gone out!!!

i'd still order from them today if if they had something i really needed!!!

Larry Cobb

Name
Larry Cobb
We are responsible for some of those complaints.

Some of the blame for stock-outs, falls on the economic slowdown.

Several vendors have been back-ordering more items than usual.

They are just operating with less inventory than normal.

Larry

The Great Oz

Name
bryan
We had a problem with backorders when ordering direct from a particular manufacturer and found out Cobb carried the line. Ordering from Cobb was more reliable.

floorguy

Supportive Member
Name
Doug
nope not one...

other then the 5 days it takes to get here....

but i am impatient :lol: :lol:

Im gonna be brutally honest....I have been very happy with the product's Ive gotten but the salesmen Ive had to deal with are not up to par. Product knowledge was lacking everytime I called, thats why I asked to speak to Larry if I had a question.

I use to be in sales in my previous life and if I was Larry I would start over..... zero personality, zero product knowledge will catch up with you....but he does have great products ,everything I bought from wands to chems have been good and product's were always delivered on time and sent to the correct address.

work on your staff, Larry (constructive criticisim)

davegillfishing

Supportive Member
Name
dave gill
no problems here..i usually have shell call in the orders and she says it is nice because the guys remember who she is
and are getting to know what we use on a regular basis..they even suggest other things to try just too see if we like them..
good sales if you ask me, no pressure just some suggestions..always ships and arrives in a timely fashion.

TimP

C Pennington said:
Im gonna be brutally honest....I have been very happy with the product's Ive gotten but the salesmen Ive had to deal with are not up to par. Product knowledge was lacking everytime I called, thats why I asked to speak to Larry if I had a question.

I use to be in sales in my previous life and if I was Larry I would start over..... zero personality, zero product knowledge will catch up with you....but he does have great products ,everything I bought from wands to chems have been good and product's were always delivered on time and sent to the correct address.

work on your staff, Larry (constructive criticisim)

I agree the sales people are more difficuilt to deal with than should be. My biggest complaint however is the price for shipping. That's why I order the stuff on special. And I do have to say the products I have used have been very good.

G

I agree with C Pennington; Guys that buy from ya on another board are really smacking your company; may wanna take the guys out back and straighten them out or fire their tails. You can have the best secret sauce; but if some jerk forgets to turn a valve to turn off secret sauce feed and starts to clean and can't figures out why he has Alka Seltzer Carpet syndrom; a few Bang Boom Biffs usually solves the problem.

tim

Unfortunately, as we all know, employees dont always do everything they should. Turnover and training can cause temporary inconsistencies in quality of service. It is one of the biggest hurdles every business owner faces as we expand. My limited experience with Cobb has had some ups and downs but it was made right, I never talked to Larry. I have also had issues with Dallas Jon Don, similar ho hum salespeople that seemed to want to get end the phone call and once the guy said he was busy and would call me back, that call took 4 hours to call back. But I have also had difficulty ordering a part for my Greenhorn and left 2 messages on Jeffs cell phone about ordering a second Greenhorn...no call back, and that was a few weeks ago :shock: .But he has also helped me tweak my machine and spent alot of time explaining to a mechanically challenged owner how I can improve the performance of my equipment. My dry times improved dramatically, my business grew, I will forever be grateful. All in all, they are all really good guys that get busy and face the same challenges all of us face. I try to be understanding and give them the benefit of the doubt. If they have great products and they really are good people, I can overlook it. Larry has been a great source of knowledge and information on the board as has Greenie and the guys at Jon Don. SFS is a great course and when you finish, you realize they must lose money on the class with as much material, products and discounts they give during the week! Because of that, I dont sweat the small stuff and keep doing business with the people interested in helping me and my industry while providing great products to grow my business.

Name
Jesse
As a supplier, Cobb's does the job. Product, packing, shipping, pricing, etc are all ok. The customer service protocol is lacking, but resembles most of the other suppliers I've dealt with, but don't enjoy.

The phone staff (I've dealt with) are of the same caliber as I would expect if I was speaking with the mechanic from the back, and they seem to have "salesman" personalities rather than "customer service" personalities.

I don't like to shop at places where whatever "salesman" I dealt with the first time adopts me as his own personal customer and is angry and offended that I purchased another product from whoever was available when I called for future orders. The car lot sales approach (salesman free for all) doesn't promote future business, but actually drives it away by adding drama or complications to the purchase.

My local janitorial supplier has a dedicated saleman system, BUT I can buy from anyone at their location and it is credited to my salesman. This way their employee's aren't mad at the customer for making a purchase from their own business.

Larry Cobb

Name
Larry Cobb
Tim;

We have instituted a new program for shipping charges.

For a $200 order, the shipping charge is a flat $29.

For a $400 chemical order, the shipping is free in the continental U.S.

Sales training is an ongoing activity.

Larry

T

The Magician

Larrry has to learn , no matter how good you are: employees can make or break you. This isn't the first time these complaints have been posted. Train them or fire them.

tman7

Supportive Member
Name
Tony Gillihan
I have ordered three times from Cobbs and each time it went as smooth as can be; no goof ups or delays. Thumbs up :!:

Zee

Supportive Member
Name
First of all- I really like Cobbs stuff! I have ordered and used powermax fibermax brightener etc...

The problem I have is again echoing the others about the sales staff on the phone....they can not give a straight answer to a question about mixing issues or amounts etc..

Shorty

RIP
Name
Shorty Glanville
Larry Cobb said:
Tim;

We have instituted a new program for shipping charges.

For a $200 order, the shipping charge is a flat $29.

For a $400 chemical order, the shipping is free in the continental U.S.

Sales training is an ongoing activity.

Larry

I give Larry 10 out of 10 for monitoring this post and acting upon it.

A lot of businesses would not take that same attitude.

I know from many years of excuses, that many suppliers tend to look down their nose at their customers as if they are of little importance, when in reality, it is the customers that keeps the supplier in business.

When enough customers get sick and bloody tired of lame excuses, they go elsewhere.

Onya Larry for having the guts to accept there may have been problems and taking the initiative to act swiftly in those areas.

Ooroo.

:roll:

enviropure

I've really enjoyed the products I've ordered from Cobb's.

I have had some issues with getting what I ordered. I ordered Vee Jets one time and received Tee Jets. I called back "Jesus?" and he said I needed to pay to send them back...I couldn't believe it! I even sent him an email showing the a picture of the Tee Jets and the invoice...I got ticked and bought Vee Jets from someone else.

I also ordered a Mytee sprayer and it never worked right from the start. The pump kept by-passing and wouldn't keep up pressure. They wanted me to try and flush it out and that still didn't work. So the sales rep "Ed?" was going to send me out a replacement. After a week I hadn't received it and I called and they didn't know what had happened. I finally got to talk to Larry and it got sent out. It basically took 2 weeks to resolve that one.

And keeping my current address on their system is a challenge. GRANTED...I have moved a couple of times during the last year (kinda homeless), but I also tell "Ed?" to DELETE the old addresses...must not be an option. They have sent it to an old address a couple of times.

I agree that the phone/sales reps aren't knowledgeable, but once again the products from Cobbs are great!

I've probably ordered 10 - 12 times over the last couple of years and have only the above problems (3-4 issues).

I will buy chemicals from them again in the future...

I agree products and delivery have been fantastic....Ive never had a problem with Ed but some of the other ones have been a challenge on product knowledge..lol...Larry stayson top of things for sure..respect.

Back
Top Bottom