Anybody know this guy?

Derek

Supportive Member
Name
Derek
tragic accident....kids behind the wheel.

Dmreed4311

Supportive Member
Name
David Reed
I do not see what putting him in jail will accomplish, he was not drunk.

randy

Name
Randy
In most states involuntary homicide is punishable by a maximum of one year in jail. For example in Maryland a first offense for driving on a suspended license can get you the same time as involuntary homicide ( same as negligent homicide ). Years ago we bonded a guy out in a Virginia case for only 10k. He committed suicide out of the false fear of years in prison. Probably would have done 90 days and had a $1,ooo fine & court cost to pay. Even with a probable civil suit and bankruptcy, at 23 years of age he could have turned it around and had a good life in a few years. There is a real lesson there, we often go into overwhelm when something horrible happens and make poor decisions.

mcatt

Name
Mike
Terrible story and people are out of control on these toys. I just saw on the news a celebrity's kid got hit in the head from one also and was in really bad shape.

The Great Oz

Name
bryan
It's all fun and games until someone gets hurt... but, stuff like this can happen anytime, and we don't know if the other rider bears any responsibility. At least this guy is shaken by what happened and is standing up for his actions.

I got hit by a lawyer's kid on a borrowed jet ski. He had just jumped a large wake with no concern for what he couldn't see on the other side. When I saw him in the air I was able to roll so he ended up landing on the side of mine. Minor damage to mine but most of his went to the bottom. I got him back to shore, where his parents left all their gear behind and ran. The people that loaned the jet ski knew who they were, and all the damage was paid for, but I'm sure they needed time to come up with a big lie in case I'd been hurt.

That lawyer would have told the girlfriend to lose the camera.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom