Anybody mixing SlopNGobble & QuatALot for deo and prespray?

Bob Foster

I tried it today and you never know how successful it is for a couple of days. It was a nylon carpet that stank like dog and was musty that was cleaned a few days earlier. The condo owner called me and was paying for it to be redone. The tenant who was vacating either hired a low end cleaner or drenched it himself with a grocery store machine.

The logic I used was the very high level of surfactant that's in Slop&Gobble combined with the quaternary ammonia of QuatALot would bring out the best for odor removal.

I laid it on super-heavy and then GLS scrubbed it in with the expectation that the cleaning agents and deodorizer was going to go much deeper down in the carpet and deeper into the fibers structure.

We'll see............

ACE

Name
Mike Hughes
Re: Anybody mixing SlopNGobble & QuatALot for deo and prespr

I’m sure boosting prespary with quat would work but, it would defiantly be hard on the lungs.

Bob Foster

It stinks going on but it sure works well. I've never seemed to leave a quat stench after I've finished.

I've always mixed prespray with Quat but the fine point I am trying to make is because Slop&Gobble is so high in surfactant it would be superior to normal presprays in helping penetrate the Quat better.

Lyman

Supportive Member
Name
Lyman

I just tried last week o2 and quat a lot for a smell of dog diarhea in a poly area rug. Les suggested 4 oz of each per gallon, which is for severe problems.
PS -We all believe that it was another cleaner.

juniorc82

Supportive Member
Name
Jon Coret

using a high alkaline pre spray for urine makes absolutley no sense. Urine becomes an alkaline after about 24 hours hence the need for an acid to neutralize the alkaline salts and remove the urine. The best luck I have on urine is an acid paired up with a good enzyme

ACE

Name
Mike Hughes

hey Marty, blow me

:lol: Big jon lays out basic cleaning chemistry for "top 25 cleaner".

S

sam miller

Does Les reccomend it? will Quat alot kill enzymes in S&G? And do the Enzynes in S&G do anything for Urine?

Other then that I use Enz All with KOP from Chemspec, Cant get quat alot in Cali.

Aslo use OSR and Odorcide great results!

Name
I'm Rick James

juniorc82 said:
using a high alkaline pre spray for urine makes absolutley no sense. Urine becomes an alkaline after about 24 hours hence the need for an acid to neutralize the alkaline salts and remove the urine. The best luck I have on urine is an acid paired up with a good enzyme

Homeboy nailed it..

Spray this first..

http://www.jondon.com/catalog/product_i ... ts_id=7351

Then for the final blow use this..

http://www.jondon.com/catalog/product_i ... s_id=17108

This combo works well for me. Its all about getting to the source of the odor too.

ACE

Name
Mike Hughes

sam miller said:
Does Les reccomend it? will Quat alot kill enzymes in S&G? And do the Enzynes in S&G do anything for Urine?

Other then that I use Enz All with KOP from Chemspec, Cant get quat alot in Cali.

Aslo use OSR and Odorcide great results!

The enzymes in S & G are ont Alive

What do Cali guys use as an Antimicrobial?

Bob Foster

First of all its my understanding that S&G is not an enzyme.

Used by itself, S&G might be a good odor reducing agent but I have never used it for that. The thing that makes S&G so effective as a cleaner is it is absolutely loaded with high quality surfactants. Knowing that I thought S&Gt being used in combination with QuatALot it could have some benefits.

The punch to kill the stink was the QuatALot. The use of the S&G was never intended to kill the odor but I used it to because of its surfactant characteristics which would allow the QuatALot to have superior penetration into the fibers.

And as usual the S&G removed the soiling with excellent results.

People just don't get this very straight forward FACT. There is literally more that 100 times more active ingredient in QuatALot than ANY of its competitors including Odercide. And for that reason it works the best.

FLYERMAN

Supportive Member
Name
Ken Raddon

S&G does not have any enzymes.

I think that mix would be a great combo. Let us know how it turns out.

juniorc82

Supportive Member
Name
Jon Coret

I will say that I have grown to like rotary extraction on urine jobs. Seems like you flush the fibers out more by hitting them from all angles. also might pul up more hair and debris releasing any dander that could be trapped

rwcarpet

Supportive Member
Name
Robert Hodge

I'm mixing with "Proliminator Sunshine". The Ladies are just swooning over the scent.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom