Anybody running filterless?

Just curious. I use inline filters and filters in the tank as well. I want to do an experiment to see how much vac I am losing. I am going to try it out after I vac good. I guess the slight loss in vac is better than having a dirty tank.

Name
Nate W.
danielc said:
Just curious. I use inline filters and filters in the tank as well. I want to do an experiment to see how much vac I am losing. I am going to try it out after I vac good. I guess the slight loss in vac is better than having a dirty tank.

I don't run a blower filter. One of the reasons is I use a filter box with a pumpout in it. And use a knee high to catch the junk.

I didn't see a difference in running a blower filter and not. I'm thinking of putting it back in. :lol:

hogjowl

Idiot™
I have never heard of someone not using a blower filter, or even thought of it, until I saw Greenie post the other day saying they weren't necessary if you used an in-line filter. Pardon my candor, but I thought that was just about the dumbest advice I have heard on this board in quite some time.

Name
Nate W.
hogjowl said:
I have never heard of someone not using a blower filter, or even thought of it, until I saw Greenie post the other day saying they weren't necessary if you used an in-line filter. Pardon my candor, but I thought that was just about the dumbest advice I have heard on this board in quite some time.

I guess Judson had it wrong all these years. :shock:

Name
Nate W.
hogjowl said:
It doesn't matter to me who you name that supports that idea. It's a dumbass idea.

Throw out another name.

O-rings are another dumbass idea, right? :lol:

Go to sleep you ol coot. Your on par with Bob and his rubber room posts.

floorguy

Supportive Member
Name
Doug
tried the blower filterless.....uhhhhh no...the shit that hits that filter....

ill take cleaning the tank every so often...

with that in mind on to my 3rd tank :shock: :wink:

granted they have all been old to start

Mikey P

Administrator
My Judson was designed to NOT run a blower filter so I run an inline.

My Vortex hast 3 blower filters and a round, concave bottomed tank so I only use a inline as I drain the waste tank.

joe harper

Name
joe harper
Mikey P said:
My Judson was designed to NOT run a blower filter so I run an inline.

My Vortex hast 3 blower filters and a round, concave bottomed tank so I only use a inline as I drain the waste tank.

Then Les should ReNAmE the UNIT....."COMMANDO"..... :shock:

hogjowl

Idiot™
I run an in-line, with panty hose in the strainer, and the vortex tank filters. After a week of cleaniing, I take the in-tank filters out and their will still be hair on them. Even with the in-line filter being used.

Name
Nate W.
hogjowl said:
I run an in-line, with panty hose in the strainer, and the vortex tank filters. After a week of cleaniing, I take the in-tank filters out and their will still be hair on them. Even with the in-line filter being used.

The a pattern of behavior here. Always seems like Marty never gets it... It's too bad really. I'm starting to believe what Mikey told me about you Marty.

Name
George Valliant
I've never heard of running an extractor without a blower filter.

Someone mentioned "no blower filters" yesterday and my jaw nearly hit the ground. Wow! That's a new one.

I run totally filterless on the Vortex and Thermalwave except for the blower.

Who has time to mess around with cleaning a filterbox?

But this no blower filter business is a completely different animal. I suppose if it doesn't void the blower warranty and the manufacturer doesn't care, then why not?

It's sort of like driving a car without an air filter. Sure, it breathes better but is it advisable?

Name
Nate W.
Carpet Cleaning Fool said:
I've never heard of running an extractor without a blower filter.

Someone mentioned "no blower filters" yesterday and my jaw nearly hit the ground. Wow! That's a new one.

I run totally filterless on the Vortex and Thermalwave except for the blower.

Who has time to mess around with cleaning a filterbox?

But this no blower filter business is a completely different animal. I suppose if it doesn't void the blower warranty and the manufacturer doesn't care, then why not?

It's sort of like driving a car without an air filter. Sure, it breathes better but is it advisable?

My filter box is easy to clean out. It's an oldie but goodie. I also don't do a lot of jobs either. It works for me. I wouldn't say it's like driving a car without an air filter. Because the ones who do run filterless blowers still have a filter upstream. :lol:

dgargan

Not only does Les make his TM's without a blower filter he says you don't even need an inline filter. I still make my guys use one because the tank would be a bear to try and clean out.

bonesheal

dgargan said:
Not only does Les make his TM's without a blower filter he says you don't even need an inline filter. I still make my guys use one because the tank would be a bear to try and clean out.

Really? You can run a Judson with no filters at all? They look like the front would be easy to clean out, but the back might not, unless you have it in a box truck.

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
danielc said:
I guess the slight loss in vac is better than having a dirty tank.

I'd advise against removing the blower filter.
you won't notice any difference if it's clean.
Check that...cause I don't know what kind you have...the one in my tank is pretty large.
I'd guess it's 4" in diameter and 12 to 16" long.

the in-line is where you might notice some difference if you're running an unmodified pool filter .
if you don't have the 2.5" filter, get one.
even if you don't use 2.5 hose, you can still use it with hose adapters

as far as you guys running without a blower filter and the claims of "not needed" ...
ya'll can do what you want...but I won't run without one

and anyone running filterless (no blower filter, filter box or in-line)....you're just plain FOOLISH, LAZY OR STOOPIT...or all three.. :roll:

..L.T.A.

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
meAt said:
danielc said:
I guess the slight loss in vac is better than having a dirty tank.

I'd advise against removing the blower filter.
you won't notice any difference if it's clean.
Check that...cause I don't know what kind you have...the one in my tank is pretty large.
I'd guess it's 4" in diameter and 12 to 16" long.

the in-line is where you might notice some difference if you're running an unmodified pool filter .
if you don't have the 2.5" filter, get one.
even if you don't use 2.5 hose, you can still use it with hose adapters

as far as you guys running without a blower filter and the claims of "not needed" ...
ya'll can do what you want...but I won't run without one

and anyone running filterless (no blower filter, filter box or in-line)....you're just plain FOOLISH, LAZY OR STOOPIT...or all three.. :roll:

..L.T.A.

totally agree......down time and equipment repair cost is not worth the chance...filter it and protect it....a modified pool filter only takes seconds to clean and keep going....

Mike Draper

I run no filter on my Butler. However, there is a small screen just before the intake into the blower that I clean off once a week. Best damn thing I ever did was get rid of that filter. Saves me about 15 minutes of cleaning it out every day. I haven't run the filer for about 1.5 years.

dgargan

We have the butler filter box on it and it's better than an inline one for sure but running it without any filter? You can't lift the top of the waste like most other tms so it would be a pain to clean it out. How do you keep the tank clean?

Mike Draper

Yes, you can pull the top of the waste tank off. It takes less than 1 minute, and about 30 seconds to pull that screen out. Have you not ever cleaned that screen off? :shock:

CanYouHemiNow

I have an inline filter that works great at catching the crap but one day when I was new at this biz (last week) I forgot to put it on and cleaned a house without it. I expected to find a big mess after dumping but was suprised that the tank only needed about a 2 second water hose rinse. My theory is that since it only takes about 15 seconds from the time I yank the dump handle (conveniently located under the driver's seat) until all 75 gallons is gone that there must be a helluva vortex in there sucking out all the crud. I will probably keep using the inline though since I am sure the local carwash dude appreciates not having all my carpet fuzz in his drains.

steve g

Name
steve garrett
the problem with not using a filter is you dump chunks of stuff all over when you dump your tank, it just makes a mess. it also tends to buildup in the waste tank, mikey does have an advantage with the way his tank drains, everything in that tank has to drain. in that case the only chunks would be coming out would be the ones on THAT tank full, which would be doable.

I wasn't talking about removing the blower filter. I was talking about removing the metal basket and inline filters. The prochem tank design is set up to where nothing really gets to the blower filter. It only needs to be cleaned every couple of months and even then it isn't dirty. I would never clean though without it because it is the last line of defense in keeping small particles out of the blower. If I removed the metal basket and inline filters I would get lint in the tank but I could filter it out when I dump. Like I said earlier it is probably not worth the extra hassel, but I am just curious to see how much vac I am loosing because when I hook up directly to the machine even with the metal basket my suction is a lot stronger. Removing the metal basket would just allow the machine to never have any air flow restriction.

Name
Nate W.
danielc said:
I wasn't talking about removing the blower filter. I was talking about removing the metal basket and inline filters. The prochem tank design is set up to where nothing really gets to the blower filter. It only needs to be cleaned every couple of months and even then it isn't dirty. I would never clean though without it because it is the last line of defense in keeping small particles out of the blower. If I removed the metal basket and inline filters I would get lint in the tank but I could filter it out when I dump. Like I said earlier it is probably not worth the extra hassel, but I am just curious to see how much vac I am loosing because when I hook up directly to the machine even with the metal basket my suction is a lot stronger. Removing the metal basket would just allow the machine to never have any air flow restriction.

My bad on the blower filter thing. I started the whole shindig. I don't use any of those either. :lol:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom