Anybody use Bio Reveal?

Name
Shawn Forsythe
Does anyone use this system, and do they find it useful?

best_scaled_systemsure_image.jpg

"The Bio-reveal system can quickly, accurately, and cost effectively test for mold, bacteria and bio-film contamination of water damaged building materials and of liquids."

LeeCory

I have not used one yet, however I am planning on purchasing one.

Many things get trashed because of the belief that it is contaminated. It would be nice to either document as fact that it is either contaminated or NOT.

I think it would be an excellent tool that many do not have.

leesenter

All project managers in our company have one.
As recent research has found most sewage back ups need to be cleaned numerous times to be able to achieve a clearance. BioReveal is the tool of choice to quantitatively assess these jobs in our neck of the woods.
I am sort of surprised at the lack of reaction from people on the boards here. This is really a regular piece of our arsenal (and most of our competitors).

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
I can speak to BioReveal unit because I don't know much about the unit.

However we did look at what appears to be a similar product 10-years ago.

It could only tell you that something was there, but could not distinguish what it was.

It could have been mold or sewage, but only gave a quantitative count of how much was there. How much "what" could only be guessed at.

You had to use an unaffected room as a baseline and then compare reduction of count in the affected area.

Is this how the BioReveal works or is it improved on the old unit?

John G

Use it daily, ATP tests against quantity of organics and biological matter, we test how much is removed in carpet cleaning as laid out in the NASA protocols.
Works well.

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
Love the unit, use on all kinds of services we offer, blood, sewage, mold, c.diff and other infectious agents. [FONT=&quot][/FONT]Finally a way to prove you did what you said you were going to do.

Reactions: J Scott W

J Scott W

Name
Jeffrey Scott Warrington
The ATP testing can document / verify the need (or lack of need) for demolition or cleaning or sanitizing of various surfaces in a restoration job. Then post remediation test can show the results of what was done. This is a great way for restorers to document and verify the need for equipment such air scrubbers on a job site or the need for certain services. Helps get paid by the insurance companies.

Interlink has recently become a distributor for a new generation of these meters that give improved accuracy at a significantly lower cost than the meters from a few years ago. http://interlinksupply.com/index.php?item_num=AC8461

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
We had a c.diff clean up at a retirement home a few weeks ago and the pretesting had numbers as high as 400 for hand rail, door knowbs and bathroom in the 40's . Post testing brought it down under 10 which is considered safe.

Scary stuff since you can't see what you're cleaning and it lives for months on surfaces. Using the Bio-Reveal we could comfortably return the apartment back to the occupants knowing we did what we were asked to do.

I was glad we had it, on the final walk through the staff commented on the ATP meter, she said she was glad to see us using it. They have their own and it saved them from having to text since we already had.

Can you imagine the results they might have found testing behind if we had not had our own meter to ensure we got everything. :eekk:

cu

Supportive Member
Name
Cu
:clap:
We had a c.diff clean up at a retirement home a few weeks ago and the pretesting had numbers as high as 400 for hand rail, door knowbs and bathroom in the 40's . Post testing brought it down under 10 which is considered safe.

Scary stuff since you can't see what you're cleaning and it lives for months on surfaces. Using the Bio-Reveal we could comfortably return the apartment back to the occupants knowing we did what we were asked to do.

I was glad we had it, on the final walk through the staff commented on the ATP meter, she said she was glad to see us using it. They have their own and it saved them from having to text since we already had.

Can you imagine the results they might have found testing behind if we had not had our own meter to ensure we got everything. :eekk:

You owe me BIG TIME now Taco man.:rockon:
It is a great unit to use on trauma scene cleaning

John G

Using it in carpet cleaning is a real eye opener, we test all our carpets now and enjoy being able to SHOW the customer how we have done for them.

Funny though, IICRC uses it for restoration work but not for carpet cleaning? Why?

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom