Anyone Else Having This Issue?

srd

This ones only 2 weeks old, happens on my sapphire and mach15 wands gets old

16845039494991537279677498749659.jpg

srd

happens?

like it's common on relatively new glides?

are they getting jack'd up with installation?
are they $79.99 "universal fit" several wands glides?

I can dig it.
Have you contacted the dealer to express your dismay?
Maybe they'll send you another?

..L.T.A.
Not getting jacked up during install, not universal fit glides, distributor just blows it off. Glides used to last atleast 6 months with my guys but now lucky to get a month out of them before the break like that,

• Sad
Reactions: Dolly Llama

srd

They must not be Green Glides--cause mine have lasted over a year.
If they are GG-- then probably operator abuse.
Ya they're green glides i dont buy the cheap shit and please explain operator abuse when it happens on all my trucks multiple different techs, and the glide is literally 2 or 3 weeks old? Granted my guys are prob harder on them then a owner operator would be but still man couple hundred bucks and it only lasts 2 or 3 weeks i mean look at the pick its hardley even been used

srd

Dont get me wrong the green glides are a much better built glide than the rest as far as fit and finish, what im saying is the corners and supports are a detrimental weak point

srd

I think i may try the hybrid like @Willy P suggested seems like it has more meat in the corners that may prevent the breakage

srd

Expect the be totally crushed by Mikey when he returns from his dirt vacation. Its always user error.
Brother, im just saying what my experience has been, ive been doing this for over 25 years never seen glides break like this so consistently, wether Mikey likes it or not it is what it is if he wants to bash me for it so be it, or maybe he can take it constructively which is how i meant it and maybe figure out why they keep breaking, some of yall may know me from the other boards im not exactly a nube lol. Honestly my reason for posting it mainly was to find out if someone might have a fix for it

Last edited:
Reactions: Mike J and BIG WOOD

FredC

Village Idiot
The only thing you can probably glue it with other than the superglues is permabond but I’m not sure it would hold up

But if that is really two weeks maybe more ke got ahold of a bad run of teflon. Have you contacted him? Seems like something he would make right

Although there is the possibility that he says you fd it up somehow…it is still Mikey after all 😂

Nomad74

Boy Sprout
The only thing you can probably glue it with other than the superglues is permabond but I’m not sure it would hold up

But if that is really two weeks maybe more ke got ahold of a bad run of teflon. Have you contacted him? Seems like something he would make right

Although there is the possibility that he says you fd it up somehow…it is still Mikey after all 😂
Maybe the new JW Mikey 2.0 will surprise us.

srd

Looks to me, by all the scratches on it, it’s been rode hard and probably put away riding face down on the van floor.
Please enlighten me as to how to use a glide and not have scratches, i mean carpet is installed with tac stripping, guess we could just not clean a few inches away from the wall to save our glides some scratches problem solved lol

Reactions: Luky and BIG WOOD

hogjowl

Idiot™
We don’t avoid tack strip and our glides aren’t all chewed up. Probably because we vacuum and our glides are stored on carpet squares inside the van. Also, we use hole glides which are easier to use, thus we’re not leaning on the wand forcing the glide into the carpet.

Reactions: Living The Dream

srd

We don’t avoid tack strip and our glides aren’t all chewed up. Probably because we vacuum and our glides are stored on carpet squares inside the van. Also, we use hole glides which are easier to use, thus we’re not leaning on the wand forcing the glide into the carpet.
How does vacuuming change the tacless holding the carpet? You run a soft material like teflon over carpet with tacless strip its gonna get scratched.
Far as van storage our wands are stored on their sides so the glides not even touching the floor on its face. Maybe im wrong but i dont feel like those scratches from the tacless are deep enough to warrant it splitting like that

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom