Anyone else running filterless?

Mikey P

Administrator
I tell ya, I am loving it.

Too much suction really. Can't even use my Hybrid glides anymore.
Forget the Slotteds.
Never have to worry about lint build up during the job or day. Nowhere for foam to build up in.

It's sweet to have to deal with the lint & spooge just once a day at dump time.

If I were V/Blueline I would offer it as a option to leave the fliter off.

The concave bottom and the 140 gallon capacity of it's waste tank is worth the $899 a month all by itself.

Blue Monarch

Supportive Member
Name
Dirk Wingrove
So, all of the gunk is just going straight to the waste tank? I'd love to run that way. No filter, except the blower filter. I run an APO on every job and am affraid that it would have problems with that setup.

G

I like running them without filters. Its a blast for the extra suck!

So I have to wash tanks out every now and then, wash a filter once a week instead of washing them daily.

At the last stop, the 4007 tri was screaming in the house..and the little boy goes...Mister, you have alot of suck with that hose machine..and I tell Jr...I know..just don't pee in the hose though. His mom gave me a funny look for some reason and asked me where that came from.

Chad

Mikey P

Administrator
Harv

VAT's have a large flat plate that sits under the 3 blower filters and protects them from this happening.
I also cover them with panty hose to make them easy to clean.

I am amazed at how well the tank drains, lint and all...

Blue Monarch

Supportive Member
Name
Dirk Wingrove
That's it, I'm shitcanning the pool filter next week. I need all the help I can get. Having vac problems left and right.

Goldenboy

Name
Mike Waldron
Pops

From day 1. Kind of like after you get married you take the sheath off.

Golden Wand

PS-I have 6 kids.

Brian L

Name
Brian L
I am thinking along the same line as Albert. I have a large ball valve that I open to drain the tank. I would be too worried that I might clog up the valve opening if I ran filterless.

truckmount girl

1800greenglides
Name
Lisa Smith
Guys, the force of the water weight in the tank will clear any clog. Mine never clogged up. We had the standard 2" drain with a gate valve. It's not like you are sucking up tree branches or something!

Take care,
Lisa

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
I now run mine with no filters and have more suck then I know what to do with... Havent had a clog yet..

I did like Lisa said and protected the blower filters with a knee high and that works great.............

Blue Monarch

Supportive Member
Name
Dirk Wingrove
What about automatic pump outs? Do you think it will put too much strain on them? Mine sits pretty low on wast tank, so I'm guessing there's quite a bit of junk pumping through.

Mikey P

Administrator
Thats a big concern Dirk.
I have a APO but never use it.
With a 140 gal tank I have to dump during the day maybe once a month.

When I was a little Coit chimp I would clog the drain on the HydroMasters all the time. But that was back before they invented the Upright Vacuum.

With your smaller tank, I dont know if you can pull it off. Unless you dont give a rat's ass about your local stream and lakes.

Blue Monarch

Supportive Member
Name
Dirk Wingrove
Well, I'm not gonna dump in the streets. The HM APO I have claims it can pump solids. I'll give it a shot and see what happens. Expensive piece of equipment to be toying with though.

adamh

Supportive Member
Name
Adam Hale
When I did my 2.5" conversion on my Vortex I removed all the filters and though I would use socks in the tank. That lasted about a week. I now run filterless with knee highs over the blower filters. I wash down my tank everynight and put my filter bag at the end of my dump hose to catch any junk coming out of the tank. It rocks!!

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
"With a 140 gal tank I have to dump during the day maybe once a month."

wow, that kind of suprises me with the amount of work you do in a day.

I have a 105 gal waste tank and it rarely get's us through a full day

..L.T.A.

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
I have only had to use the APO a few times and it was on large car dealership's

Normally I run all day with out having to dump......

Normally the ones that you have to use the APO are very large CGD or tile and I can't think of anything that is on or in eather one that would clog a APO...........

Jay D

Name
Jay D
Always filterless, other than the 3" filter protecting the blower. keeps the vacuum level up. The only thing bad is having to occasionally unstop the dump valve or clean out the waste tank of the stuff floating around at the bottom of the tank. It is a good thing to have a old portable for fishin the hair balls from the bottom of the tank. :shock:

Mister Sir

G

What about the Butler..

So you're saying take the filter bag out?

I have 2" drain pipes.. and I prevac..
heck.. what can get sucked in there?
french Fries tops here..

An occassional penny when I uncuff.. and vac or edge the walls in a store or something.

everything else, I pick up.. or prevac up.

Do tell?
I'll try it.. if it can be done with a Butler.. if and what filter you're talking about.

Tks.

G

I've met a few Butler guys that run filterless with no problems. Yes, Steve if you want to give it a shot take the filter bag out.

R

R W

No way am I running without an inline filter. I don't have any vac problems, and with a 90 gal tank, I wouldn't make it 2-3 hours without dumping. Does that V put out any solution at all?? With all that flushing volume the V has, it should be filling the tank every 2 hours. Something smells nasty here, and it ain't the waste tank!!!

Plus...where the hell would you dump all that crap??

RW

G

RW, I think part of the key is a good ole pre-vac and dumping daily. And when you dump you strain the crap thru the filter.

I run my Butler w/ the filter though. I might try without.

G

I'm definitely no TM guru.. but I dont see that (Butler here) it could make all that much difference.. just taking out a strainer.

I keep mine clean.. now big of a difference can it make.
??

Inquiring.. not griping by the way.

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
You choose to beleave what you will but I can say from hands on experance that with the way I had to clean with the CDS compaired with the way I clean with the Vortex.. My tank does not fill as fast and I do not have to set up the APO or worry about dumping..

Now...the CDS has a 120 gal tank but what they fail to tell you is that the shut off and/or the APO floats kick in way before the 120 gal mark..

So yes it is 120 but you can only fill it about (approx) 2/3 of the way

With the CDS I was setting up the APO about every 2 to 3 jobs pending on how big they where....

I ran the RX every job.. and the wand to get carpets clean.
The Vortex I only need to run the wand and it its rare for me to take the RX out of the truck.. That in it's self is a big water saver........

With the large blower and and the great lift added with great heat and a good flush, I am doing less cleaning and drying strokes another great water saver...........

There are a few more nit pick things that help but that is the nuts and bolts of it from my end..
As I said this is hands on and I have both machines sitting in my front yard

I gain nothing by painting a pretty picture.. I call it like it is.

As far as dumping......each area is different.. Here in AZ we dump in the clean outs located in the front yards of about 95% of the homes here..

When I re-did my yard I extended mine to the edge of the drive way and dump right into it.. Any thing that goes into out treated plants is legal for us to dump into.. we are not allowed to dump on the ground.

G

I'm not sure on how much 'more suck' you could get running filterless on a Butler or any TM for that matter. Cleaning out the fitler isn't a big deal for me...takes no more than 5 minutes and when I clean...I clean it...it's nearly spotless. I think some may run filterless because they're to dog-gone lazy to climb in the truck to clean out the filter. I do wish I would've gotten the filterbox located at the back of my extended Chevy though. :)

So you guys that run filterless.....how much of an improvement.

BTW next time I talk to my buddy, I'll ask him about the 'suck' and how much improvement he gets. I'm not sure if he does it for the improvement or just sick of jumping in and cleaning the thing out. I do know that he hasn't had a single problem with his Butler though. Again, I'm not sure if he runs an APO either or how often if he does.

I do run my APO at least a few times a week.

G

Me too Shawn.
I clean my filter.. and I hose and scrub it down about e/o job. A whopping 5 minutes of my life.

But I prevac MOST jobs.. so I know what goes in it and what to expect too .

I dont need an APO.. never understood that. I dump after every job.. whether legal or not.
Whats procyon gonna hurt?
lol

Pays to live in Podunkville.
ha.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom