Anyone else running filterless?

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
LOL I don't think it is a matter of what Procyon is going to hurt but what else is in the water after you cleaned a trashed or crack house ect..

It is not just the chemicals that we use that we worry about.......

S

Scott Noble

Cleaning out the filter bag on a White Magic filter box is fast and easy. Getting to the blower filter is a real chore.

G

I tried it today with my Butler...

took the lid off.. took the pan and filter out..
and put the lid on.. screwed it down.

The machine seemed to have a little more vac.. as attested by a little louder sound???

Maybe I was imagining it.. not for sure.

maybe 1 HG more...

BUt as I said.. i was looking for more... even a little so maybe I imagined it.
I used alot of water on the job.. and had dry times with in 2 hrs..
its hard to tell with glides. lol

Greenie

You can cheat airflow.

Every single bend in your system affects airflow and lift.

And filters start out okay (notice I didn't say great) but once hteya re 25% dirty you are in for some serious restriction.

Same goes with any "choke points" like those plastic pool filters with the 1.6" inside diameter nipples on EACH side, and those bulky plastic hose barbs starting at the waste tank and causing a restriction every 50' of hose, and god forbid the 1.5" whip hose that is connected with the 1.30" barbed connector.

Why do you even run 2" hose?

Blue Monarch

Supportive Member
Name
Dirk Wingrove
dammit greenie, you're gonna make me go out and make me buy every thing.....

kunkle
y
2.5" hose

what else do i need?

steve g

Name
steve garrett
the problem with running no waste tank filter is you leave lint and garbage everywhere when you dump in the customers driveway :lol:

Blue Monarch

Supportive Member
Name
Dirk Wingrove
Well, it caught up to me. Finally clogged the APO. Took it apart and it was amazing how much hair was in there! Can't believe it ran that long. Got it put together and tried it out...........nothing. Uh oh.

Checked fuse. Blown. Whew. Replaced and good as new.

The clog was my fault. I took the pool filter out of the system AND the bag filter on the inside of the tank. After putting the bag back on, I should be good to go. It's disgusting cleaning that thing though. The pool filter along with panty hose, sure made cleaning easy.

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
We're using a double pool filter set up now.
It's improved airflow.
A bit more cumbersom, but personally, I won't run filterless.

The idea of straining carpet nectar to keep lint and debris out of catch basins, gives me the crEEps!!!

..L.T.A.

Fon Johnson

Now you gone and just lost it, buddy. You are straining carpet nectar either way.. either before or after the recovery tank. You still strain out the same crap.

Now, on the other hand, if you are talking about letting it ferment for a week and THEN straining it... THAT is another matter all together.

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
I look at this way, Fon

Since we rinse the vac hoses on cool down on every job, the lint in the filter isn't quite as nazdie as straining from the tank....

..L.T.A.

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
no I don't Dirk.

I did get a great idea from Charlie Brown a about a year ago, but have never tried it.
He says to run the filter backwards, lid end toward the TM(the lint will collect on the outside) and put the nylon over the outside of the screen fliter.
That way you just pull it off and the filter is clean as a whistle.

..L.T.A.

Blue Monarch

Supportive Member
Name
Dirk Wingrove
I ran it the normal way, with the nylon on the inside of the SS filter. It just pulls right out. Change it after every job, and you're good to go. I've decided to get rid of it all together though. Been having vac issues and trying to get all I can out of the system now.

Ken Snow

RIP
Name
Ken Snow
We've always run our Butlers filter-less, and have the big 200 gallon waste tanks so we just drain back at our sanitary at the end of the day. Big time saver vs cleaning filter after every other job at best, and no vac restriction.

Ken

John Watson

Lisa posted previously how she run her waste water through the filter while draining to prevent plugging your drain receptacle and to capture all the stuff from the waste tank.

I have some over sized in line filters that would work great as waste line filters. They were called the Defender from Jon Don and would not work with the super hot cleaning solution. the roto molded bodies would distort and start sucking air. They have a large capacity filter sock that would work great for a waste filter set up. I think I have 3 or 4 if someone wants one pay the freight. I will send you one.

S

supaclean

No filter for me either. I pre vac most jobs and rinse out the waste tank at the end of the shift.

Ron Werner

Name
Ron Werner
I have a custom filter before the truck, 1/4 millimeter mesh (thats really tiny for you imperial measuring chaps :D ) In my neck of the woods we are "required" to filter either before or after through this fine a mesh before dumping into the septic sewer. Since I am running a 3" line through it I have no increase in vacuum when it gets hooked up. Basically it like a shopvac cannister but with 3" abs pipe and hose.

I have those new twist cuffs, no whip, 2" wand, 2" hose right to the wand, normal run is 50' 2" vac hose then 50' of 3" hose, through the filter, 3" blower filter and 3" exhaust. Oh, its a Roots 59 providing all my nice suction. 180gal recovery tank fills maybe a 6th to 4th after a average house. My wand has 2-#2 jets at about 500-600psi, carpets are feeling pretty dry after a few hours. Have an AP to speed dry as well.

Love to show you a pic when I figure out how to post one :D [/img]

floorguy

Supportive Member
Name
Doug
i think the cfm increase most are talking about going filterless, is that aof the diameter change...not so much the stuff you suck in...i may be wrong

also when i first got my TM i was filterless, and then (it was used btw) when i got rid of the waste tank (which was a butler 210 gl) and went down to a 80 gallon i ran filtered...now when i cleaned out that butler tank EWWWWW the crap that had collected and what have you...that WOULDNT SPRAY out while in truck....lets just say ick

Ron Werner

Name
Ron Werner
Here's the pics I promised

06-09-19Happytruck003.jpg

06-09-19Happytruck002.jpg

I'll have to take closeups again of the filter pail.

Attachments

• 06-09-19Happytruck003.jpg
    147.6 KB · Views: 168
  • 06-09-19Happytruck002.jpg
    148.9 KB · Views: 160
  • 06-09-19Happytruck003.jpg
    147.6 KB · Views: 125
  • 06-09-19Happytruck002.jpg
    148.9 KB · Views: 159
Name
steve snail
I currently run one in line clearview filter with the wire mesh basket w/double knee high inside the wire mesh. Also have started using the knee highs on the blower filter inside the tank. Now that I have the 2, 2" vac hoses off the dump tank, I am going to install a second clearview. Now that I have seen the photos of the pool filter, that has me interested.

Are the pool filters more efficient that the clearview?

floorguy

Supportive Member
Name
Doug
get rid of it steve...dont buy another...

at least try it for a week or 2 and see what you think...

floorguy

Supportive Member
Name
Doug
sure you can...ill call tom(wed) and walk you through it...come-on buddy we can do it :lol:

Back
Top Bottom