Anyone else running filterless?

Name
steve snail
I was a little shakey setting up for the first job this morning sans filter. I did use a couple of knee highs in the 2 - 2" vac ports on the waste tank in addition to the knee high on the blower filter. Not sure if you consider this cheating, however, the vacuum without the clearview filter was increased! By quite a bit, the carpet was lifting off the pad when I drew the wand back. Probably going to park the filters untill I get a real nasty commerical job.

Thanks all for the advice...once again...This board rocks.

Name
steve snail
Chicken... probably.

"Always done it that way", so must be the best, eh?

Old dogs, new tricks! Thanks for pressing the issue.

B&BGaryC

Name
B&BGaryC
The truck I was running broke down (Last company I worked for)

Take #5 the boss man says.

I load up #5, and head off to the job. I was cleaning for about 4 hours (Big house)
when my phone rings... "Did you forget something?" asks boss man. "No, I got everything."
"Really, he asks. Then why is the pre-filter and the blower filter sitting in the sink?"

"I didn't take em' out, #5 isn't my truck", I said.

"Turn the machine off right now or I will kill you. I will be there in 20 minutes." said the boss man.

I couldn't clean with any production and not use an inline filter. I keep 4 on the truck. I switch them out between jobs or sometimes on bigger jobs, I will switch them out during the job. When I arrive to the next home, I know I am cleaning with a clean filter and do not have to clean the filter box in the waste tank after each job. I clean the in-line filters at the end of each day. I clean the waste tank about every 2 weeks. Even then, the waste tank is not dirty.

hogjowl

Idiot™
Somebody, I'm pretty sure it was Green Bean, but it could have been Jim, stole the basket filters off my V when I drove through their towns. So, I have been running filterless ever since purchasing the V. My suction is great, but that's all I have ever known. Cleaning the tank out every day is no big deal to me and I have never had my drain plug. Of course, the drain on the V is about the size of Mikey's head, so it ain't gonna clog.

I think the only way I would run with a filter is if I ever order the 2.5 inch upgrade from Greenie. If I do that, I will probably incorporate Duane's 2.5 to 2 inch stainless basket filter.

dealtimeman

Everyday is Saturday.
Name
Michael
I thought about running filterless but got scared about clogging up something. My rectangle tank does not dump well. So i had a dual 3" in to dual 2-1/2" out stainless filter box made, to at least to catch the hair!

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
admiralclean said:
Somebody, I'm pretty sure it was Green Bean, but it could have been Jim, stole the basket filters off my V when I drove through their towns. So, I have been running filterless ever since purchasing the V. My suction is great, but that's all I have ever known. Cleaning the tank out every day is no big deal to me and I have never had my drain plug. Of course, the drain on the V is about the size of Mikey's head, so it ain't gonna clog.

I think the only way I would run with a filter is if I ever order the 2.5 inch upgrade from Greenie. If I do that, I will probably incorporate Duane's 2.5 to 2 inch stainless basket filter.

I have the canisters and the baskets tossed out on the side of the house ...so if ya really want the baskets I will be happy to let you have them.....but if I was you I would just pitch the whole mess out the truck and go straight to the tank......

I put 2 knee highs on each tank filter....after the first week I pull one off and at the end of the second week I pull the filters and rinse them and put 2 more knee highs on them...keeps your filters looking brand new...protect the blower from any little crap that may find its way threw and your not having to clean them all the time......make things much easier and non restrictive.....

IMG_3790.jpg

IMG_3792.jpg

miksar

Supportive Member
Name
Mike Fent
ok guys another interesting topic, I don't recall anyone lately talking about this, seems like the modified pool filters, or the filter boxes are the rage now, so see if I've got this right, I have a Boxxer 427, and I hate cleaning out those two filter bags, just a pita, if I ditch the bags and use the nylons on my blower filter, what problems might I have? For example, today when I cleaned the bags, I found an eyeliner pencil, I didn't see that anywhere, I usually vacuum along the baseboards with the tm. I suppose that could cause a clog when draining(?)

John Watson

Walmart, Kmart has them 3-4 pairs to a package, @ .75 to $1.00 a package We found 10 pr for $2.00 special a couple months ago.

I just thik any will work for what we use them for but the main rule of thumb is

If it will fit over mikeys big head and still have suck capabilities it will fit on our filters.

I believe knee highs come in just the one size..

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom