Anyone ever try this Powerflite scrubber

ronbeatty

Name
Ron Beatty
I think these are the best for pretreating carpet. I have two, one is for sale if you are interested.
DSC_0241.jpg

dday

The powerflite machine is not going to do what you want it to do because of the spread between the brushes.

I use the machine Ron has pictured. That's what you should be looking for Ken.

Ron, how much are you asking for it ... if Ken doesn't want it I might be interested in it as a back-up.

Jimmy L

Name
Jimmy L
I have a whittaker too but only use it on low level commercial as what it was designed for.

I don't think it would hold up doing thicker residential pile carpeting.

You can say what you want but if it breaks down while doing some thick pile it will be expensive to repair!

If I had to replace it I would go with the powerflite rotowash.

And again only use it on commercial.

dday

Over eight years as a daily scrubber on all types of residential carpets from olefin berbers to poly Shags, my GLS used two gear sets with bushings for a total cost of about $80/repair. A few weeks back it died in the middle of a job and I thought the motor was dead, and I thought it was dead for good. I was ready to order a new one (I'll probably go with a 17" brush pro with the debris baskets if I buy new) when the local elctrical repair place called to say it was ready to pick up. It cost me $75 to have a fusable link replaced/installed or whatever.

So ... long story short ... 8 years of scrubbing residential carpet and total down time of 4 days at a total cost to repair of $235.

GeneMiller

Name
gene miller
the used whittaker i bought was used by a school district and they abused it. i scrub everything with it and so far no problems. it's not heavy enough in my opinion for commercial.

gene

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom