Anyone know where to get carpet clamps for airmovers?

icleancarpetz

Name
Rafael Samson
D1532D3F-32EF-4646-AE2A-95AB6AD95D66.jpeg

Bob Savage

Name
Bob Savage
I screwed a small strip of tackless on top of the discharge snout to hold the carpet in place on all of our carpet dryers.

icleancarpetz

Name
Rafael Samson
I screwed a small strip of tackless on top of the discharge snout to hold the carpet in place on all of our carpet dryers.
Good idea but knowing me, i might lose a bit of skin.

do you run a carpet tucker across it to set the tack-strip pins?:headscratch:

Nomad74

Boy Sprout
This is what I do. I pull up the carpet, put the fan under it, then use a harbor freight clamp and clamp it to the handle of the fan.

Reactions: icleancarpetz

icleancarpetz

Name
Rafael Samson
If that's the clamp I tried for my Dri Eze snails, and it looks the same, it is too long in the closed position. The blower's snoot is too short. Ya need the version that is closed with the handle in the vertical position.
Yeah however you could bolt a custom cut piece of wood on the snout then screw the clap onto the wood. I’ll buy one and see how it fits. If it doesn’t work, then the heavy duty clamp as Damon mention will suffice.

Bob Savage

Name
Bob Savage
Good idea but knowing me, i might lose a bit of skin.

do you run a carpet tucker across it to set the tack-strip pins?:headscratch:
No need to. Keep the dryer about 6" from the corner, flap the carpet/pad down on it, and shove the dryer back into the corner. VIOLA!

Sometimes I will place the dryer between the carpet and pad if it is really a large area, then come back in a day and put the dryer under the pad/carpet to finish drying.

Reactions: icleancarpetz

Lamesalegend

I have 3 clamps that Ive saved over the years. Good ones are hard to find now. But I since switched to tackless strips and Feel they work much better. Especially with the newer style airmovers that tend to have a shorter snout.

Before buying a clamp just try the tackless, I think you'll prefer it to a clamp. You don't have to lift the carpet quite as much because you just tilt the snout of the airmover under the lip of the carpet then when you sit the airmover down the carpet is tight. Obviously the nails in the tack strip should be facing the air mover, I painted all my strips black here is a pic

IMG_1096.jpeg

Lamesalegend

By the way the clamp in the first pic is the worst. It isn't deep enough to really grab the carpet and hold it tight. That clamp is sold by Airchaser but its the worst clamp I own. Heres a link, but hopefully you'll try the tackless. Its the best way to hold the carpet when floating. Carpet is tight no flapping and no need to set the pins just tilting the airmover is enough, you'll see

icleancarpetz

Name
Rafael Samson
By the way the clamp in the first pic is the worst. It isn't deep enough to really grab the carpet and hold it tight. That clamp is sold by Airchaser but its the worst clamp I own. Heres a link, but hopefully you'll try the tackless. Its the best way to hold the carpet when floating. Carpet is tight no flapping and no need to set the pins just tilting the airmover is enough, you'll see

I saw them clamps. Kept going back and forth on whether to get a few. but now I know not to. Thanks for sharing.
Having a few hand clamps (HF) handy won‘t hurt. The tackstrip idea seems to the best alternative and cheap. Got box of em laying around.

preciate everyones suggestions and sharing experience.

Reactions: Mikey P

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom