Anyone put side door in box truck?

G

Where is the best place to purchase a side door to put in a box truck? I'm thinking of buying a small box truck and will need to install simple door on passenger side.

So anyone whos done it how hard, how expensive, and where did you buy the door???

Bob Foster

Go to an RV dealer they usually have lots of them that they replace for insurance claims. Many are hardly marked at all. I've done this with two different box vans and paid less than $100 each time.

Quarterdooropen-1.jpg

RonsDoorOpenSide.jpg

CanYouHemiNow

That's good advice from Bob. I considered a box truck for a time and did the same search you are doing now. Supreme (manufacturer of boxes) wanted something like $1500 and needed at least 6 weeks lead time! The roll-ups were even more expensive.

Bob Foster

I think Doug Payne put a nice roll-up door on his box van. If I recall the price wasn't that bad for a Gucci door.

floorguy

Supportive Member
Name
Doug
roll up door in the back was already there...

got a side door from an RV place though...$500 installed..

there are times i wish it was shorter by half, and wider by twice....but oh well...

check the RV/trailer supply places

Askal

RIP
Name
Al
I had my first two made by a fabricator for aobut 500.00. 36" wide and about 6'tall. The other was made when they made the box and it was about the same. I was surprised the box maker was as cheap as it was.
Al

ACE

Name
Mike Hughes
I was faced with the same dilemma and opted to have a custom exhaust made for the engine / blower so I could mount my steamway back near the cab in a 15' box. If it’s a short (10’ or 12”) box I don’t know why you would need a side door.

Erik

Supportive Member
Name
Erik
I would like a side door on my 777, drivers side for the wasted space behind the reel. One thing at a time.

Ron Werner

Name
Ron Werner
Jim Bethel's designs are very efficient that way. The whole side is a door, and it opens up to keep you out of the rain. That was really nice!!

Only challenge with doors like that is sometimes you're parked tight and you can't get the door up. My old truck had doors like that.
That's why it was good to have the main working area off the back since I usually always had to back in, I could always leave enough room to open the back door.

ronbeatty

Name
Ron Beatty
I bought my doors thru Todco. I raise the height of our boxes by a foot so you could standup in the box, and get the lid off the tank without hitting the tracks on the overhead door.
100_0970.jpg
100_0963.jpg
100_0984.jpg

bonesheal

ronbeatty said:
I bought my doors thru Todco. I raise the height of our boxes by a foot so you could standup in the box, and get the lid off the tank without hitting the tracks on the overhead door.
100_0970.jpg
100_0963.jpg
100_0984.jpg

Wow

Shane

Chris Adkins said:
got any more pics of that set up? Is that a gasser or diesel?

It's a 2008 Chevy W4500 with a 6.0L V-8

Blueline Thermalwave w/150gal waste tank

Blueline Vortex Electric Reel

Cox Pressure/Garden Hose Reels

Line-X

Adrian Steel Shelves

2008W4500023.jpg

Thermalwave024.jpg

Thermalwave021-1.jpg

Thermalwave014.jpg

Thermalwave029.jpg

Thermalwave020.jpg

Here is a pic with the (over heating, 3 wand running :roll: poor performing, horrid customer service) Hydramaster Titan that I had originally purchased for the truck.

TitanInstall009.jpg

Reactions: BIG WOOD

bonesheal

It looks great either way. Do you use a freshwater tank? Is it tucked in behind the waste tank?

Did you switch out a new Titan to put the Blueline in?

Shane

bonesheal said:
It looks great either way. Do you use a freshwater tank? Is it tucked in behind the waste tank?

Did you switch out a new Titan to put the Blueline in?

Thanks. :D

I don't have a fresh water tank, and yes I did get rid of the Titan for the Thermalwave.

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
Shane has a sweet set up..I have been watching that thing grow from the time he took the truck off the lot.....cant wait til July........I get to test it out........

Name
George Valliant
Shane said:
Chris Adkins said:

Line-X

Adrian Steel Shelves

2008W4500023.jpg

Thermalwave024.jpg

Thermalwave021-1.jpg

Thermalwave014.jpg

Thermalwave029.jpg

Thermalwave020.jpg

Here is a pic with the (over heating, 3 wand running :roll: poor performing, horrid customer service) Hydramaster Titan that I had originally purchased for the truck.

TitanInstall009.jpg

I like your taste in truckmounts!

Good call scrapping the Titan for the Thermalwave.

steve g

Name
steve garrett
Carpet Cleaning Fool said:
Shane said:
[quote="Chris Adkins":3h4zd5j1]

Line-X

Adrian Steel Shelves

2008W4500023.jpg

Thermalwave024.jpg

Thermalwave021-1.jpg

Thermalwave014.jpg

Thermalwave029.jpg

Thermalwave020.jpg

TitanInstall009.jpg

I like your taste in truckmounts!

Good call scrapping the Titan for the Thermalwave.[/quote:3h4zd5j1]

wonder if the customer will ever know those are fake "big trucks" remember the saying always ask for the big truck, looks like you guys have figured out how to do it more cheapy, nice trucks BTW!!!! if I could get over my fears of riding in a beer can cab I would run one myself.

dealtimeman

Everyday is Saturday.
Name
Michael
damn!!! that is a very good looking truck!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

nice job getting rid of the the hm.

why do you not roll with a freshy?

bonesheal

steve g said:
wonder if the customer will ever know those are fake "big trucks" remember the saying always ask for the big truck, looks like you guys have figured out how to do it more cheapy, nice trucks BTW!!!! if I could get over my fears of riding in a beer can cab I would run one myself.

Not a chance the customer would know the difference, if you have a sharp-looking side door and beautiful guts like that. I see these trucks for sale for $10k in good (looking) shape and I'm tempted to go that route. Are you guys installing your own doors or having it done professionally?

ronbeatty

Name
Ron Beatty
Dan, I did mine, it is like hanging a garage door. If someone has trouble call an overhead door mechanic. 8)

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom