Anyone selling a business in daytona beach, fl?

joeynbgky

Supportive Member
Name
Joey
Looking for a carpet cleaning business for sale. I have been currently bidding on two. But....... looking for more.
Would like to move do to some family health issues.
I would hate to start from scratch.

Sent from my T-Mobile G2 using Tapatalk

rwcarpet

Supportive Member
Name
Robert Hodge
joeynbgky said:
Looking for a carpet cleaning business for sale. I have been currently bidding on two. But....... looking for more.
Would like to move do to some family health issues.
I would hate to start from scratch.

Now Joey....just last week you were bitchin' about too much work! And you want another business? Are you subbing out the work and running the business....Brian-style??

joeynbgky

Supportive Member
Name
Joey
No family issues. Grandparents are getting older. I would like to be close to them. I would move and shut my business down in a heartbeat for family

dgargan

Why shut it down if your business is going well? Start training someone to do the work. Use service monster and full circle to schedule so you and the tech have access to the schedule. With technology it's very easy these days. I live 30 miles away from my shop so the only time I see my guys is at scheduled meetings. With systems it will run smoothly if you set it up right. I had neck surgery almost two years ago and didn't see or do anything involving my business for 6 weeks. It continued to grow and things went smoothly.

This will give you income while you build your business in fla. I personally would not sub it out but it does work for some guys.

joeynbgky

Supportive Member
Name
Joey
I would probably do that. I was just saying if I had to. I would prefer to sell out

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
dgargan said:
Why shut it down if your business is going well? Start training someone to do the work. Use service monster and full circle to schedule so you and the tech have access to the schedule. With technology it's very easy these days. I live 30 miles away from my shop so the only time I see my guys is at scheduled meetings. With systems it will run smoothly if you set it up right. I had neck surgery almost two years ago and didn't see or do anything involving my business for 6 weeks. It continued to grow and things went smoothly.

This will give you income while you build your business in fla. I personally would not sub it out but it does work for some guys.

Yup.

Keep that business Joey....maybe lease it out to your best guy like I did in Sacramento.

There are ways.
Keep your phones and forward them, keep service monster and make him and admin, keep all your marketing and ads in place and put that cost into the lease agreement OR just let the new guy take over costs.

I have a price structure for leasing that works really well for both parties. PM me for details.

ACE

Name
Mike Hughes
I lived in Daytona in the late 90’s. The economy then and I bet it’s still a real tough market. Have you done any research about pricing, competition, avarage income, unemployment rates?

John Buxton

Have a good friend that sold out here and moved to Orlando. Just moved back here due to no business in Florida. Dont sell your present biz, you may need it again.

Leave one of your trucks in BG and let your tech run it. Pay him 40 percent and let him pay for gas and chemicals.

He can still do apartments and past customers. Stop sending out coupons except post cards to client base.

Take your second truck to FL and start small. If it doesn't work, go back to BG.

That's what I would do.

I would never even consider buying a carpet cleaning business.

Farenheit251

I do a little work there. It is a tourist town filled with waitresses,hotel workers,etc. Race week, bike week and a few other weeks everyone has money but mostly you trade having a good income for sunshine and Bikini babes.

Better to live north of Orlando where there is lots of work and commute to Daytona.

Jimbo

"I would never even consider buying a carpet cleaning business."

When you are older and wiser, Daniel...

You will realize that buying an existing business is like stepping into a shower that flows with $100 bills...It's a nice feeling!

Vivers

Supportive Member
Name
Bill
My best friend runs a carpet, upholstery, tile & grout, flood services, etc... In Tampa and really struggles to keep busy. The jobs he does get are usually cheap ones and he says that place is terrible. He is in his 2nd year so he is slowly, very slowly building his clientele. He wants out bad!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom