Anyone Using Block N Boost by Kleen Shield?

Name
Ezra Clark
I am just starting out and I have to say what a great recource MB has been! Anyone have experience with the Block N Boost, seems like it would be a great way to offer a stain guard option with little extra work. With people whatching their pennies nowadays it could be an afordable low price point ad on, compared to SG, which if people want to pay extra for great! Does it work? I've seen Jimmy naked

Thanks,

Ezra

bigchuckie

If Brian Robison is still around ask him. I believe he did alot of pre testing before it hit the market I think he said yes it worked quite well

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
Yes, I've used it. Amazing stuff.

I tested and sold it to my clients. Really good for stain protection...Not a soil protection like teflon.

Although www.vacaway.com has a stain and soil protectant...Rhinoshield I think? Never tried it.

I love the stuff because you mix it into your prespray. If you're HWEing then just let it dwell for 10 minutes and it will still work even if you steam it.

Ron Werner

Name
Ron Werner
I'm always wary of products that claim "soil AND/OR stain protection" when you apply with the prespray and then rinse it away. It would make more sense if it was in the rinse water, or an after spray.
If its used with padding, then its understandable since the solution isn't totally rinsed off anyway.

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
I don't think the soil resistance part works as a prespray...Not sure.

But the stain resistance does. I've done the testing.

John Olson

Name
John Olson
Prochem's fourguard is only 3.4 cents per sq ft. Why use a cheaper and inferior alternative? I offer lots of protectors but for those that actually passed math class fourguard is the choice 99 out of 100.

rhino1

Name
Chris Bolin
The appeal would be to have a product that would be applied during the pre-spray process. Saves time... which would make it more appealing to the person applying it.

I don't know anything about this product, I didn't know any product was made that could be used during the cleaning process and actually provided stain protection, but it would be convenient.

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison

Is it for prespray or applied after the cleaning?

Opie Cleaner

It provides acid dye resistance to nylon and wool carpets, also acts as a booster to help clean. cost is less than 1/2 cent. It does not provide soil protection. You can use it for HWE or padding and it works well.

Name
Ezra Clark

I want to offer the "Stain Guard" to my customers at a price that makes it a no brainer add on, so 99 out of 100 want to give me an extra 30-60 bucks for a little peace of mind, and I don't need to do anything extra. If I can then sell the "Soil Protection" on top of it, they can have a little more peace of mind! eat yor heart out Werner

When you go through the drive though, you get a meal and they ask would you like a side of cheese with that (or something like that). Why would they want to offer a little 1 oz cup of nacho chease, when they could offer a small super nacho, those are way better! Because they make .65 profit off the cheese and 8 out of 10 say sure. I'm just sayin!

Ezra

Larry Cobb

Name
Larry Cobb
Opie Cleaner said:
It provides acid dye resistance to nylon and wool carpets, also acts as a booster to help clean. cost is less than 1/2 cent. It does not provide soil protection. You can use it for HWE or padding and it works well.

A "Stainresist" product is less expensive than a fluorochemical protector.

Acid dye resistance is nice,

but it does not provide the same level of protection.

For lowest cost (under 2 cents/ft.), there are some 20-1 dilution fluorochemicals @ ~$80/gal:

http://www3.cobbcarpet.com/zen3/ind...earch_in_description=1&keyword=ultraseal+20/1

Larry

Larry Cobb

Name
Larry Cobb
Lee;

Ultraseal products still have superior performance for repelling water & oil-based stains.

Many other protectors have gone to less-effective fluorochemicals in their products.

Unfortunately, fluorochemical pricing has gone up on every single product.

Larry

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom