Anyone Wand like this?

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
Let's see if I can explain this.

When I wand, I do a fairly short stroke for my height (6'3"..give or take)
on my second "row" or "pass" I will dry stroke the upper row and when I get back to my new row I will hit the trigger and clean that row. I do the same for the following row. Not to mention a sizeable overlap to the row next to me just for the hell of it..and cleanliness.
This gives me better dry times, doesn't take longer dry passing right after clean and feels like less fatigue not starting and stopping so much. And I believe...this is where it gets tricky

when I let the carpet sit for a minute or two, when I get back to it on the next pass, it just seems like I am getting more moisture up and leaving the carpet in "better" state..I guess?
almost like the moisture starts wicking right aways and when I come back I can get to it better.
I don't know, but it seems to work.
And if I don't groom, I get rid of all stop and start points and leave a pretty carpet that the woman die for...yes, I am a Rock Star Carpet Cleaner...There's a name for a company...your welcome.

Anyone esle do this? Is this a common thing? Am I a dumbass?
Don't answer the third one...this is a serious thread for cying out loud. :roll:

Greenie

dunno about the rest cause I wasn't a rockstar, but I do have a theory that a glide pulls the moisture to the top of the fiber more than a naked wand, so in effect it may be accelerating the wicking effect, supporting your experience. Same holds true for the water claw, post glide wanding after a claw is very effective.

Ernie G

Brian, I think I would have a tough time explaining my method in writing, i'm deffiantly a visual person. Having said that, it sounds ok to me, their are so many defferent styles out there. What ever works and gets clean & dry.

Ernie G

Hey Rino1,

Why would stop grooming just because you started using a glide, no offense but that sounds like a hack.

Mr.V

I've had 3 MGD's and I don't have a clue what his wanding method is lol.

this is what I do....

dry forward stroke

rinse on back stroke

cover first stroke with 1/3 to 1/2 of a wand pass depending on how filthy it is

pretty triangle dry stokes

groom

collect $$$$

G

I do the same. But I re-steam the traffic areas after steaming entire room and then dry stroke entire room.

Works for me.

Dave-

Able 1

Name
Keith
Ernie G said:
Hey Rino1,

Why would stop grooming just because you started using a glide, no offense but that sounds like a hack.

I was doing triangles for a while... now I do straight extractions two-three dry passes. As far as what Brian said (wicking)I think you would benefit from wanding like that. I always wanted to try to clean the whole room with the dry passes... Then go and do one more after the rooms was cleaned. Has anyone tried that?

Keith

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
I just think, the less strokes the better (still talking about carpet cleaning) A little further stroke should have less fatigue than two short ones. It's the stop and go on the back and forth movements that take most of the work I think.

B&BGaryC

Name
B&BGaryC
Brian Robison said:
I am a Rock Star Carpet Cleaner...There's a name for a company...your welcome.

We have a Rock Star Carpet Cleaner here. Brand new start-up. My distributor put them on speaker phone while we all huddled around and he pretended to be a customer.

"I was reading the warranty that came with my carpet and it said something about the IICCC? Does that sound familiar to you... Oh wait, her it is, the IICRC. They say I need that to keep my warranty."

"Oh I don't know anything about that but it's a good cleaning."

"So my warranty will be valid if you clean my carpets?"

"I've never had any problems before."

He was a padder. We had a lot of fun with that guy. (And no it wasn't malicious, we just asked all the right questions and he ducked every single one of them, then told him we had to check with the wife. Good thing he didn't have any SFS scripts....)

rhino1

Name
Chris Bolin
Ernie:

Well maybe I am a hack. I know the glide I use seperates the fibers as I clean, it leaves those neat little lines in the carpet just as a grooming does, and the carpet dries in about an hour, even if I don't use the airmovers, which I DO. So all open areas are dry before I leave.

So why would I need to post groom anymore?

Name
Bill Soukoreff
rhino1 said:
Ernie:

Well maybe I am a hack. I know the glide I use seperates the fibers as I clean, it leaves those neat little lines in the carpet just as a grooming does, and the carpet dries in about an hour, even if I don't use the airmovers, which I DO. So all open areas are dry before I leave.

So why would I need to post groom anymore?

I agree. I still groom but less often than my pre-glide days. Or just the more open areas.

Larry B

Name
Larry Burrell
Mr.V said:
I've had 3 MGD's and I don't have a clue what his wanding method is lol.

this is what I do....

dry forward stroke

Wouldnt the dry stroke first remove most of the pretreatment you put down before you ever start to flush?

Mr.V

i don't think so

i let er dwell long enough that by theory it should run down to the bottom of the fibre IMO

wet forward stroke is pointless cuz it's not getting sucked up so what's it doing other than soaking the carpet??

unless the prespray is getting dry then I might

just my opinion

Back
Top Bottom