APO ProChem.....

rwcarpet

Supportive Member
Name
Robert Hodge
Checked out a nice universal APO today while visiting a friend. Heavy, solid build, takes up about a square foot of room on the floor. Lists for about $1900.

A nicer setup than my Jabsco belt drive APO, which requires a prime injection for operation. So for WD extraction, I gotta hook up the water source to run the pumpout.

Any other units out there, other than "The Larry" homebuilt?

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
$1900.... :shock: ...dayum

I'll take my 3600 GPH sump pump over that any day.
the PITA of having to plug it in to a 110vt source is worth the $1650 I saved .....

..L.T.A.

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
We have one of them around here some where, worked great for WDR. A little pricy but much better than the drop in the tank pollution solution.

I think the only trouble you'll have is replacing the diaphram in the pump. Just buy a second one to have on hand, it's a wear part.

Not sure if there is anything else out there, but you would think someone would have something cheaper.

rwcarpet

Supportive Member
Name
Robert Hodge
VERY Slim Pickins said:
We have one of them around here some where, worked great for WDR. A little pricy but much better than the drop in the tank pollution solution.

I think the only trouble you'll have is replacing the diaphram in the pump. Just buy a second one to have on hand, it's a wear part.

Not sure if there is anything else out there, but you would think someone would have something cheaper.

I remember the "pollution solution" from my PC 405 days. When it worked, it worked well. The problem was having to wrassle it out of the tank for periodic cleaning, and to change out the float ever year. You had to rewire, then thermo seal the wire connections.

Everything evolves.

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
You're right Robert it worked great but if you didn't use it for a couple of days you'd have to pull it out of the tank and clean the silt out of it.

I hate APO's just one more thing to fail. :|

Joel D

Name
Joel Darker
The one i got from Cobbs for 500 has been fine for the last 2 years no problem. I installed it about a foot from the bottom of the tank maybe that helps i dont know. I screwed it right in one of the plug holes in the tank, hooked to battery- done.

Youre welcome :p

rwcarpet

Supportive Member
Name
Robert Hodge
Joel D said:
The one i got from Cobbs for 500 has been fine for the last 2 years no problem. I installed it about a foot from the bottom of the tank maybe that helps i dont know. I screwed it right in one of the plug holes in the tank, hooked to battery- done.

Youre welcome :p

Joel....I was going to mount mine higher in the waste tank but never got to it. A higher mounting might have kept some of the silt out of the pump. For it's time, it gave good service as opposed to dumping on every job. My 405 cycled a lot of bypass water to the waste tank when cleaning by myself.

Larry Cobb

Name
Larry Cobb
Joel D said:

You're welcome :p
Joel;

Thanks for the recommendation on the pump system.

http://www3.cobbcarpet.com/zen3/ind...arch_in_description=1&keyword=pump+out+12+VDC

We mount our "pump-out" installs right on the floor next to the recovery tank.

Since it is a diaphragm pump, you don't have to worry about running it dry.

Larry

Shane T

Name
Shane Tiegs
I like my Jabsco. Haven't done a thing to it in 2 or 3 years. I generally clean for a while, then go out shut down the unit, turn the key back on and switch on the APO, listen for the transfer pump flooding the Jabsco, then restart the unit and go back to work. After that I won't even think about for the rest of the day. I even run mine though a live hose reel which I know restrict the flow but have not had any issues at all.

J Scott W

Name
Jeffrey Scott Warrington
Hydro-Force has a unit that runs on 110. Here's a link with details -http://interlinksupply.com/index.html?item_num=AC12H

Retail is $1095

Able 1

Name
Keith
I have a prochem pump out I would like to sell (I can't use it, I don't use any filter on my waste tank)

It needs to be rebuilt... $550.00 as is, $725.00 rebuilt..

John Olson

Name
John Olson
We actually have several of the older style in the shop that have been cleaned up and rebuilt. The entire kits with new floats and hoses are going to run $900 a little more if you need the bulk head kit to use with a machine that doesn't have the fittings already in place for an external pump out. I will be listing them in the garage sale after the new floats get here.

rwcarpet

Supportive Member
Name
Robert Hodge

Let me know when those APO's are ready. I'd like to have one for my PowerMatic.

I will watch the garage sales.

John Olson

Name
John Olson
rwcarpet said:

Let me know when those APO's are ready. I'd like to have one for my PowerMatic.

I will watch the garage sales.
Sure thing. You will want the bulk heads. You will cut two holes in your tank and bolt them to your tank and then insert the floats. I'll pm you when ll the parts get here on monday.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom