Are tm's overpriced?

I think they are.

Just look at what you can get a used V for today.

Terry can't even sell his machine and van for 4500.

I had a guy want to buy my setup (legend) for 12k. The deal didn't go through.

Housing prices were clearly overpriced and now there is such a huge stock of common homes (they are all the same) that selling them means you have to accept rock bottom pricing.

That is the same scenario with the tm market. Tons of used equipment. Look at how many used 405's and TW 5ms are on the market.

I think the price of a new machine is out of line with the current market.

This is just my opinion.

I would like to hear what the experts think.

joe harper

Name
joe harper
Sounds like to ME... :idea:

You are UP-SIDE DOWN....in your property investment & your equipment... thathurts

NEITHER....have reached their BottOm... !gotcha!

CASH IS "STILL" KING....wait for the bottom... :arrow:

Goomer

Name
Frank Mendo
Not sure it is fair to compare the two.
The used market will always fluctuate at a different pace than a manufacturer has the ability to adjust to.
It does not neccesarily mean a new machine is overpriced.

Larry Cobb

Name
Larry Cobb
Daniel;

Some of the "brand names" are overpriced (especially the large TM's).

The "value brands" are gaining more market share, IMO.

The smart shopper is looking for TM production capability . . .
at a reasonable price.

Larry

bob vawter

Grassy Knoller
Name
bob vawter
i've sold TWO machines in the last coupla months......
Paul in Indiana
and Rob in New Jersey...

let me remind everyone...
QUALITY will sell anytime.....

Duesenberg...Pierce Arrow and Rolls Royce had their heyday DURING the Great Depression.....

Bob Foster

Some people think carpet cleaning is over priced. So what do you say about that. Now substitute the words carpet cleaning for truck mounts and see if that makes any sense.. :idea: .

bob vawter said:
i've sold TWO machines in the last coupla months......
Paul in Indiana
and Rob in New Jersey...

let me remind everyone...
QUALITY will sell anytime.....

Duesenberg...Pierce Arrow and Rolls Royce had their heyday DURING the Great Depression.....

Bob if you put together some videos of your machines running on some jobs, you may sell a ton of them. I have always been fascinated in your units. Get your prodigy to shoot some video so we can see what kind of performance your machines have.

bob vawter

Grassy Knoller
Name
bob vawter
i've only got one left........and i pulled it off the market till i see what's happening to the economy......
if the currency goes in the crapper...i'd RATHER have some STUFF rather than a pocketfull of worthless paper......
Since they passed the debt deal.......i feel we have maybe another coupla months till it happens....

bob vawter

Grassy Knoller
Name
bob vawter
so we can see what kind of performance your machines have.

It's a Steam Genie man.........i think MOST people can see the quality.......they absolutly last forever!
'cides.....when Paul came over to look at it...
i had CRASH bring his truck over......so he could see it operate!

floorguy

Supportive Member
Name
Doug
Becker said:
They do seemed over priced when they cost more than the van they are being installed into.

I have thought that exact thought....MANY times

bob vawter

Grassy Knoller
Name
bob vawter
i can add up six grand real quick....

bestfrontmachine.jpg

Becker

Name
Becker
6k is nothing. Try 23k. What could you build with a budget to sell and profit at a price tag of 23k

dday

Becker said:
They do seemed over priced when they cost more than the van they are being installed into.

+1

That is what I have always thought - after all, a TM is basically a blower and a water pump strapped to a simple metal frame and driven by a lawn tractor engine.

TM's should be priced like John Deere Lawn Tractors, not Chevy Express Vans or Ford Econoline.

Fortunately, there have always been a few of these available, and as Larry noted, more are becoming so.

timnelson

What kind of volume do the car makers have? I think Ford sells something like 200,000 vehicles a month. Les won't sell that many truckmounts if he lives as long as Methuselah.

Apples and oranges.

Mike Draper

dday said:
Becker said:

+1

That is what I have always thought - after all, a TM is basically a blower and a water pump strapped to a simple metal frame and driven by a lawn tractor engine.

TM's should be priced like John Deere Lawn Tractors, not Chevy Express Vans or Ford Econoline.

Fortunately, there have always been a few of these available, and as Larry noted, more are becoming so.

My employee comes from nevada. His family has close to 10,000 farm able acres and about 30+ different types on john deer tractors. A nice john deer cost 100-200 thousand. and they replace them every 5 years :shock:

charles

When I think how much money my machine has
made me over the years, the price I paid for it
doesen't seem like that much.

Mikey P

Administrator
So Bob, when the dollar crashes...

You are you picturing the Bloods, Crips and or Zombies that are going to kick down your door to steal your food and rape your wife will be willing to barter for fresh clean carpet insted?

Sell the POS and get another shot gun and a pallet of delicious soy cuttlets.

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
Hmmmm. TM's overpriced?

Of course that's a relative statement.

What did the TM cost to be built?...Time, parts etc.

I don't think they are over priced for what they are...But I do think that what they are has been so overdone it's not worth what the unit is worth.

Overkill....Not just my typical complaint....I'm talking about all the BS that goes into some of these machines. NO, I'm not a mechanic....but I do know that getting something to spray and suck (at any level) doesn't need half the crap that some of these machines come with.

I think there is something to the electric TMs if they could ever get one to be powerful enough or portable enough.

The idea is there...and therefore the price....I just haven't seen the end all to end all yet.

The V was so rediculous for what it was along with the price, you would have to be a real dipwad to want, buy or promote one......No matter how much "money it made you" :roll: ......The expenses in the end are unwarranted.

There is more....

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
More....

There has to be a happy medium and I think it's getting close.

I've heard the SS's are going that direction...But I really haven't looked close enough yet.

Small, powerful units....What's the cost?

If you're "too far" away from a carpet that you need the biggest dick in the box....You're in trouble from the start and need to go portable.

A modest van or small box truck .....except for hauling WD equipment... is all you need and a TM that takes up less space than needed.

If you want to "dual wand" get 2 tms and vans or shut the hell up about it.....I've never gotten the deal with that one.

I chose to go inexpensive because of the type of work I do. Nice houses, nice customers who don't want the screemin eagles out on the front lawn pissing off the neighbors. Quality work is still achieved....with a little more work...and happy customers.

That's money in the right direction. !gotcha!

No TM payments, repairs or other costs associated with it....like hauling it around....Again...Overkill....For what I'm doing.

Every job is different....I've turned down jobs that I didn't want because of my process. I've done jobs for free just to see what I could do with what I have....and it came out great.....Sometimes. lol

To each his/her own...If you spend "too much" on anything....That whole being in business thing may not be for you.

I've never put more money in the bank than I have this year....Proooof is n da Puddin. But no, I won't proof it to ya by showing my bank account...I'm not Mikey or anything. Ivebeensold

joe harper

Name
joe harper
Poor mArY,

Again we are dealing with the HAVES & the HAVE NOTS.... :oops:

I have NEVER lost money on a TM...... :shock:

Your thought process ...is that of a SINGLE operator...You have CHEAP LABOR......"YOU"... :roll:

Why do people have 10 ksf houses... :?: At some point you will achieve financial success. At
that point you will understand the GAME...!gotcha! Some of us need INCOME TAX DEDUCTION'S
You either stroke a check to OBAMA...or ...you INVEST in the company...!!!! Geeez.. :roll:

You consistently state you are banking MONEY....Yet you can't afford a $1200.00 a month
business investment...! "IT IS NEVER THE PRINCIPAL.......IT IS ALWAYS THE MONEY."... :oops:
Here is a GUY that had to use .."OP".."other people's money"....until he could afford a "JiggEr"

STOP..!!!! bitching about what you CAN'T AFFORD.... :roll: "Buy some REAL equipment of your
OWN...Then evaluate the ISSUE... :| IDGAS...about what you have DONE in the past.... :roll:
You obviously didn't do it RIGHT.... :idea: or you wouldn't have to start over... :!:

CHALLENGE: I will GIVE you a piece of equipment to use... :shock: And you can PAY ME what
you think it is WORTH in 1 year..NO PAYMENT...NO INTEREST... 8) " I would have NO PROBLEM
doing this with YOU ..! "I think you are as HONEST as the DAY is long...!!!!"
Since you don't GAS about using sub's... !gotcha! You can run it as a SEPERATE FRANCHISE..!

HERE IT IS.................................PUT-UP or SHUT-UP............ :mrgreen:

S4011173.jpg

S4011188-2.jpg

S4011193.jpg

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
They are dirt cheap, what other business can you get into with so little start up costs.

How much can you make with a TM?
You're only limited by your ability to generate sales to keep it busy, the potential is astounding.

You can always hire someone to clean while you rest or sleep. For what you pay one time or monthly payments, it puts you in a business with few limitations. You can Clean Carpet, Tile & Grout, Upholstery and Partition Cleaning, Pressure Washing, Water Extraction.

If you use it 5-hours a day and only work a 5 day week, that's 100 hours a month. Divide that into your monthly payment and you'll see how little it costs you to own it per hour.

Of course it's not the machines fault if you're not putting at least 100 hours a month on it. :p

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom