Mikey P

Administrator

123951_06.jpg

Reactions: Giorgio

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
Everything that you have circled.... Are not really people that have to enter other people's homes like we do... And this is what they are trying to accomplish... Distance from other people.....

Cleanworks

Name
Ron Marriott
I am still doing empty places. It's essential that carpets be cleaned before being turned over to a new resident, in my opinion. Not essential for a lady to decide that now is the time to have the house cleaned. However, in certain cases, it could be argued that cleaning the carpets is an essential part of sanitizing against the virus. I will not be going into peoples homes, especially those full of kids who are home from school or have their elderly parents living with them.

Name
Lee Stockwell
Everyone get real. Right now we are NOT essential. Stay home and don't spread the virus.

It's essential that critical medical supplies get procured and allocated to those who NEED them NOW.

Ventilators, surgical protective garb, sanitizing supplies: all in critical short supply where they are ACTUALLY needed. Often because they are being hoarded by greedy morons.

Mark Saiger

Mr Happy!
Name
Mark Saiger
We have a number of rentals needing cleaning of carpets for turn over... Some specialty residential, but put the crew including family on notice we might be laying everyone off so at least some money coming in.

Best practices being used as best we can for everyone's safety...

But in the mean time we are suiting up... 😏

Cleanworks

Name
Ron Marriott

You guys sure know how to have fun at work.

Reactions: Mark Saiger

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
As far as catching this virus.... It is the same as catching any other... 80% of the population is going to think they just caught the flu and are going to bounce back in about a week.. The reason everything is going batshitcrazy....( aside from the idiots at the media starting this fire.. And the bigger idiots on social media fanning the flames).. Is this one is a fast mover and they are worried about over running the hospitals and running out of supplies for the people who will actually need medical care.. Who are ( like all the other flu viruses).. The elderly... Or people with some type of underlying problem... So the solution is causing distance between people to stop it from spreading and eventually we are all going to take a hit from that and none of us are essential...

jcooper

Name
Jerry Cooper
As far as catching this virus.... It is the same as catching any other... 80% of the population is going to think they just caught the flu and are going to bounce back in about a week.. The reason everything is going batshitcrazy....( aside from the idiots at the media starting this fire.. And the bigger idiots on social media fanning the flames).. Is this one is a fast mover and they are worried about over running the hospitals and running out of supplies for the people who will actually need medical care.. Who are ( like all the other flu viruses).. The elderly... Or people with some type of underlying problem... So the solution is causing distance between people to stop it from spreading and eventually we are all going to take a hit from that and none of us are essential...

Exactly.

China got threw this in 2(or so) months, but they shut down a flipping country.

The more idiots not staying home will cause the recovery(us back to making money) to take longer. They expect the peak to be a month from now.

icleancarpetz

Name
Rafael Samson
Well. I tried to shut down but PM’s kept calling me. So i’m only working in vacants. I top off with gas at the end of the day just in case they start rationing fuel.

I highly doubt gas rationing will occur. Many are not going out driving to and from etc. Heating oil here is at $1.54 per gallon As of last night. I predict it might go down to as low as $1.35. If it does in a few day, I’m filling up my oil tank even though I use a pellet stove to heat my ranch style home. Pellet stove uses about $115 per month to heat my home in the winter months verses $600-$800 of oil a few years ago before installing a Mt Vernon QuadraFire Stove. Thank God I did! Hated that monthly oil bill. Got mine like new, at a huge discount a few years ago from a little old lady that stopped using it since her husband died and could no longer lift the bags of pellets. I drove 4 hours to upper State NY to get it. $2,200. The thing has paid for its self and is saving me money on heating. I still use oil since my hot water is tied to the oil heater. But is minimal at about $100 per year to heat the hot water year round.

Reactions: Mikey P

Cleanworks

Name
Ron Marriott
I highly doubt gas rationing will occur. Many are not going out driving to and from etc. Heating oil here is at $1.54 per gallon As of last night. I predict it might go down to as low as $1.35. If it does in a few day, I’m filling up my oil tank even though I use a pellet stove to heat my ranch style home. Pellet stove uses about $115 per month to heat my home in the winter months verses $600-$800 of oil a few years ago before installing a Mt Vernon QuadraFire Stove. Thank God I did! Hated that monthly oil bill. Got mine a a huge discount a few years ago from a little old lady that stopped using it since her husband died and could no longer lift the bags of pellets. I drove 4 hours to upper State NY to get it. $2,200. The thing has paid for its self and is saving me money on heating. I still use oil since my hot water is tied to the oil heater. But is minimal at about $100 per year to heat the hot water year round.
Price of gas here has dropped from an average of $1.40 per litre to $1.12 and less in some places

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
Gas is not going to be an issue... first time in this far back as I can ever remember that it's been under $2 a gallon.... And were not allowed to go anywhere..... Go figure...

Reactions: Cleanworks

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
I'd suggest a good argument could be made the cleaning/service industry is essential.
Not in res for obvious reasons, but in empties and after hours com.

as far as contractors
State has weighed in on gov funded projects (of which we do millions of dollars a year in)
for occupied homowner jobs;
don't start any new projects until further notice
stop any work in progress that doesn't involve health and safety.
(roof, HVAC, plumbing/electrical hazard in progress)
Get the H&S part finished then suspend any further work scope until further notice.

They're vague in their guidance regarding empties

..L.T.A.

Reactions: Giorgio and Nomad74

Nomad74

Boy Sprout
I'd suggest a good argument could be made the cleaning/service industry is essential.
Not in res for obvious reasons, but in empties and after hours com.

as far as contractors
State has weighed in on gov funded projects (of which we do millions of dollars a year in)
for occupied homowner jobs;
don't start any new projects until further notice
stop any work in progress that doesn't involve health and safety.
(roof, HVAC, plumbing/electrical hazard in progress)
Get the H&S part finished then suspend any further work scope until further notice.

They're vague in their guidance regarding empties

..L.T.A.
The PM sure considered me essential. They needed the house cleaned. People were moving in immediately. they were unloading a couch onto the front lawn while i was cleaning.

Last edited:

SamIam

Name
sam miller

scotty747

Took my kid to the ER yesterday. Cracked his head open. It was empty. The young man who checked us in noticed I was JW as was he. He took me aside and quietly told me his ex girlfriend works for the CDC in Texas. He said "All I can tell you is trusting in Jehovah dosent mean not preparing for the worst, and according to her we haven't seen anything close to whats coming. Be as self sufficient as possible." I checked with my wife's Aunt who is also in sign language to see if he was credible and she said he explained a lot of things from the medical side and I should take his advise.

Reactions: BradFenstermaker

scotty747

I was talking to a sister in a liquor store one time and my 2 year old says "Dad is this liquor store? Were always here."

Papa John

Lifetime Supportive Member
Name
John Stewart
Well less than 50 new cases in Ca overnight. Hopefully this thing is slowing down.

I have different numbers:

March-20 AM--- CA had cases 1039 and 19 dealths
March- 21 Midday CA has 1241 cases and 24 deaths.

That's a 19% increase in cases and a 26% increase in deaths, Which is good.
The shelter in place mandate is saving lives.

The national death rate in 2 days increased by 90%, 138- to now 263

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom