Are we no longer wanted as customers?

Becker

Name
Becker
I don't get it. The economy is in the tank.

Yet everywhere ya turn prices ate going up!!

Netflix is bending us over.

My bank just lost my personal banking and I might shop my business banking.

Like hell I'm not only now going to be charged monthly banking fees and restricted limits with out fee on check writing, deposits. And now a 5.00 monthly charge to use my debt charge?

Food prices. Gas. Cellphones. Tell me something that has not gone up besides the value of our houses?

Looks like my credit union will get my complete business.

Been with bank of amercia since before when they were seafirst.
Guess that is what happens when you tale on billions in bad loans from " country lied. "

randy

Name
Randy
Cellphone cost have gone down if you chose the right carrier. Boost moble for example is $50 unlimited talk,text, web and smartphone options. The bill drops every six months until it hits $35 if you pay your bill on time. Boost is on the sprint network. Similar cost on Virgin moble or cricket. Verizon prepaid is $50 a month unlimited talk & text as of last week they dropped the price. You just put it on auto-pay and they charge your card every month.

Contract cellular is where you get ripped off. That "free phone" isn't free. My buddy is paying $130 for what I get from Boost for $50 and $35 in 18 months. He got the same phone that I paid $189 for, at no no upfront cost BUT he will pay for that phone many times over in the next two years.

He will pay $3,120 over the next two years.

Including the cost of the phone I will pay $1,209

Same sprint service network, same phone. For the life of me I don't understand why anyone would sign a cellphone contract in this day and age. The no contract plans are so much cheaper.

floorguy

Supportive Member
Name
Doug
unless you have multiple lines.....

I have 7 on mine....its like $225 after my 15% discount....

now granted only 2 have data, the other 5 have text...

but that would be 350.....

plus i like getting new phones wayyyyyyy to often to pay retail...

XTREME1

RIP
Name
Greg Crowley
Becker you blame the bank but it is the Chris Dodd/Barney Frank act that is causing this to happen. If you are as successful as you claim it will have no effect on you.

The Dodd/Frank Act goes into effect Oct 1 and on of things it does is cap swipe fees so the $5 the poorer folks like yourself will be paying you will recoup in your merchant services savings. You should take the time to learn what the facts are before switching. Your credit union will take longer to clear checks for you than the in by 8PM in your account by 7AM Bank of America does.

PS I will probably drop them

mirf

Supportive Member
Name
David Mirfin
I do not use them but I wish I had bought thier stock at under $1.00. I have the same feeling towards big business, especially airlines, insurance and Netflix.
They seem to always come up with new or increased fees. Small business is the way to go for fair deals and I am pointing that out to my clients with no surprise charges.
Proud happy to be a small business owner.

Royal Man

Name
Dave Yoakum
AS far as some of the prices raising esp for communities like food. A lot of the blame goes to the Fed for printing money out of thin air.( Makes money worthless ) Their answer, Just print more money. It's the alternative to borrowing money. Just start the printing presses. Crazy country!

No wonder we are in the crapper.

Shane Deubell

Supportive Member
The govt cant have it everyway, they are telling the banks to increase capital reserves, lend more, decrease fees and buy more Treasuries. Something has to give

and both are interdependent anyway, the banks cannot survive without a strong govt and the govt cannot survive without alot of borrowing.

Becker

Name
Becker
handdi said:
wait till ya buy some tires
I hear ya. Bought 2 sets last fall. F150 and e350. Ouch. They want 75 each for studded snows for my commuter Kia. Wow. Tiny tire.

floorguy

Supportive Member
Name
Doug
XTREME1 said:
Becker you blame the bank but it is the Chris Dodd/Barney Frank act that is causing this to happen. If you are as successful as you claim it will have no effect on you.

The Dodd/Frank Act goes into effect Oct 1 and on of things it does is cap swipe fees so the $5 the poorer folks like yourself will be paying you will recoup in your merchant services savings. You should take the time to learn what the facts are before switching. Your credit union will take longer to clear checks for you than the in by 8PM in your account by 7AM Bank of America does.

PS I will probably drop them

only if you have a crappy CU

Aside from larger "unknown" checks.....I can deposit and go to the ATM and withdraw...well up to the 2 or $300 max you can get from an atm

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom