Arm & Hand Pain: More Ergonomic Wand?

Johnny

Supportive Member
Name
Johnny
Arms and hands been killing me for the past few years.

Gonna have to hang up the ol' Greenhorn for good if I can't get some relief.

Will a different wand or mods to the GH help?

Are the top-mounted, pressure-washer-gun-valve wands friendlier?

Much obliged.

Larry Cobb

Name
Larry Cobb
Johnny;

This is the angle gun kit that we like for stress removal . . .

with a glide of course:

Bentley%20Valve%20Kit.jpg

It is designed for the Bentley, but will fit any 2" tube.

Edit- Clamps on 2" tube, does not require welding

Larry

Royal Man

Name
Dave Yoakum
A Bently gun grip can gives you the same aprox angle of those very high priced Ti Ergo wands.

Wandhandecomparison.jpg

I changed over a couple of my wands.

It also helps to get the Bentle handle at the same time. Since it is taller and helps with the grip being on top of the tube.

For the brass you will need a 1/4" 90 degree street elbow, a 1/4" 45 degree street elbow, a 1/4" 1-1/2" nipple and 45 degree elbow.

1319597307.jpg

The Guns will leak for a few jobs untill the seals break in.

You will have to drill out some of the plastic on the gun so it will accept the mount for the gun.

Getting bigger bolts also help for the 2 that are above the tube on the mount.

1319597229.jpg

I bought a Ti wand from Joe B for the conversion. You can cut the tube shorter to make it work better with the Gun grip. I ended up with a Ti ergo wand for about 1/3rd the price of the Ergo Prochem.

FLYERMAN

Supportive Member
Name
Ken Raddon
I aint no expert but I would wager you have nerve damage. When I started going to the massage therapist I go to I had this list of problems: Daily headaches, constant mid and low back pain, numb pinkie toes and fingers and wrist pain that resembles what those with carpel tunnel describe. Granted I have been going every 4 to 6 weeks for 9 years but I no longer have any of the above symptoms on a daily basis.

With that said I must admit I went to a handful of other massage therapists that didn't help and chiropractors that didn't help either. So find yourself a good therapist and expect to pay upwards of a $100 an hour.

Art Kelley

Supportive Member
Name
Rainbow Carpet And Upholstery Cleaning
Johnny said:

Time for you to adapt and survive. Get yerself a 360i and let it do the majority of the work, and only wand to edge it out. It does a great job to boot, better than a wand can do.

hogjowl

Idiot™
If you have a number 4 blower , or better ... just try not doing a forward stroke for a bit and see if it helps. After pulling back, tilt the wand over on its edge and then move it forward. This allows you to use a glideless wand on most jobs, thus getting better edging and debris pick up (no vacuuming) and if you have a well plumbed system, you will still get drying times of acceptable time limits.

My drying times were greatly reduced by a glide when I used a 36 blower in a poorly plumbed system, but with my current rig, I keep a glided Titanium wand on my van, but seldom use it. (I use it only for small rugs, or sometimes for those glue down chattering carpets from hell). I go with a glideless Titanium wand normally and use it as described above.

All this bulletin board (Mikey approved) crap is normally just for amusement, or to make Satan money.

F

FB7777

Art Kelley said:
Johnny said:

Time for you to adapt and survive. Get yerself a 360i and let it do the majority of the work, and only wand to edge it out. It does a great job to boot, better than a wand can do.
Great advice Art.

Just purchased a 360i

Johnny

Supportive Member
Name
Johnny
Thanks, yall.

I ran an RX20 for several years. I think that's what initiated the tendonitis in my forearms.

Band-It rigid arm bands help a lot.

Royal Man

Name
Dave Yoakum
I had cortisone shots in my hands a couple of months ago which helped a lot.

Chiropractor would of done no good for my fingers.

The tendons were getting to bulky from repeditive motion, Resulting in trigger finger in four fingers.

Mike Draper

I used to run the Greenhorn. It gave me the worst back problems I've ever had. I didnt know this until I purchased and started using my Prochem Ergo Ti Wand. My back has not hurt a day since and my hand is not sore at the end of the day :oops: . $1,500 for the best wand available and no back problems seems like a hell of a deal to me.

KevinL

Supportive Member
Name
Kevin Leach
Try to find a Stanley wand. 6 jet if your over 5'10 , 4 jet if your under 5'10. They invented the ergo wand. I wouldn't do this biz without one. I've been trying to tell these guys for years. I showed mine to Taf at Magic Wand and he copied it.

S

sam miller

I was starting to believe Mikeys work 4 day's a week and send the chimps to do the rest! and all your pain goes away can I convert my ti to an ergo?

Mikey P

Administrator
sam miller said:
I was starting to believe Mikeys work 4 day's a week and send the chimps to do the rest! and all your pain goes away can I convert my ti to an ergo?

yep.

I can even sling the glideless Bently around on those 4 days with no issues.

But honestly, running a Rotary Extractor is more work than using a wand from my prospective.

Mikey P

Administrator
My drying times were greatly reduced by a glide when I used a 36 blower in a poorly plumbed system, but with my current rig, I keep a glided Titanium wand on my van, but seldom use it. (I use it only for small rugs, or sometimes for those glue down chattering carpets from hell). I go with a glideless Titanium wand normally and use it as described above.

sure, try running a glideless Ti wand with a Vortex. hey Marty, blow me

Johnny

Supportive Member
Name
Johnny
Larry Cobb said:
Johnny;

with a glide of course:

Larry

Larry: How does that gun attach? I don't see it on your site.

Dave: How much did you section the tube?

Mike: I agree. A rotary is more work than a wand.

Royal Man

Name
Dave Yoakum
Johnny said:
Larry Cobb said:
Johnny;

with a glide of course:

Larry

Larry: How does that gun attach? I don't see it on your site.

Dave: How much did you section the tube?

Mike: I agree. A rotary is more work than a wand.

Bob,

The picture Cobb posted is incorrect for the Gun kit.

Here is the one I put on:
1319597229-1.jpg

The bracket wraps around the wand and bolts onto the sides of the gun. No welding (Like on Cobb picture)

For sectioning

On Joe's Ti wand there is a clamped junction between the head and the tube that can be cut off.

I used a hacksaw. (Joe said a cut off wheel was prefered.) I took off 4".

A Wand with a gun needs to be a little shorter to get the right angle for the glide.

Kind of hard to see in the picture I took on my patio. But, the junction is about where you can see a loop in the supply tube about 18" from the head.(The patio build was my major project this year)

1319597284-1.jpg

(I tried it on a longer wand and I would of had to be 7 ft tall or hold the gun almost up to my upper chest to get the right cleaning angle.)

Art Kelley

Supportive Member
Name
Rainbow Carpet And Upholstery Cleaning
Mikey P said:
[But honestly, running a Rotary Extractor is more work than using a wand from my prospective.
[/quote]

We're talking about a man who needs to heal injuries from repetitive motions using a wand for many hours every day. The 360i, though slower than a wand while cleaning relatively clean open areas, is deadly effective and quite effortless to use on the normal to heavily soiled carpets that cause all the arm and hand pain while wanding. I rubber band the wand trigger so it stays on and often time rest the machine handle on my hip so I can work with just one hand leaving the other able to answer my cell or trigger spray a stubborn spot. My decade long shoulder pain has been reduced substantially since using the 360i.

Royal Man

Name
Dave Yoakum
If you get the Gun valve it also helps to get the Bently wand handle at the same time for the conversion. It is a taller handle that also, curves upward. Since you now will be holding over the top of the wand tube.

Mikey P

Administrator
Art Kelley said:
[quote="Mikey P":29g9baod][But honestly, running a Rotary Extractor is more work than using a wand from my prospective.
[/quote:29g9baod]

We're talking about a man who needs to heal injuries from repetitive motions using a wand for many hours every day. The 360i, though slower than a wand while cleaning relatively clean open areas, is deadly effective and quite effortless to use on the normal to heavily soiled carpets that cause all the arm and hand pain while wanding. I rubber band the wand trigger so it stays on and often time rest the machine handle on my hip so I can work with just one hand leaving the other able to answer my cell or trigger spray a stubborn spot. My decade long shoulder pain has been reduced substantially since using the 360i.[/quote]

Wow, that's scary.

have you though about looking into a management position at Hagopian?

Sorry to hear that Art

Larry Cobb

Name
Larry Cobb
Royal Man said:
If you get the Gun valve it also helps to get the Bentley wand handle at the same time for the conversion. It is a taller handle that also, curves upward. Since you now will be holding over the top of the wand tube.
Good Point.

It applies more leverage on the wand base,

by being taller.

Larry

Johnny

Supportive Member
Name
Johnny
Larry Cobb said:
[quote="Royal Man":3fzpa6ox]If you get the Gun valve it also helps to get the Bentley wand handle at the same time for the conversion. It is a taller handle that also, curves upward. Since you now will be holding over the top of the wand tube.
Good Point.

It applies more leverage on the wand base,

by being taller.

Larry[/quote:3fzpa6ox]

Gotta pic?

Back
Top Bottom