!!Ask the truckmount designer!!

Name
jack zerkie
When you build it send some units out to real carpet cleaners to test in the real world. Do not test it in a test room your not a carpet cleaner you might be smarter but still not a carpet cleaner. Let them use it for a few months and tell you the results. Then maybe a quality and simple unit will run a long time and if needs repair should be easy to fix. HA HA . jz

Name
Nate W.
When you build it send some units out to real carpet cleaners to test in the real world. Do not test it in a test room your not a carpet cleaner you might be smarter but still not a carpet cleaner. Let them use it for a few months and tell you the results. Then maybe a quality and simple unit will run a long time and if needs repair should be easy to fix. HA HA . jz

I believe HydraMaster did just that with the X-Drive CDS.. Had a few local cleaners using it to give feedback and report issues..

Reactions: SamIam

Dwain Ray

On Vacation
Name
Dwain Ray
Why did your hatred of electric truck mounts. Make you not see the future...They should have been on par with all current truck mounts long ago...Bill knew plugging it at the time made the cleaner increase his profit time on fuel costs alone.That percentage of fuel spent was huge .Sure performance was lower but utilized smartly with routes optimized you saved cash . We are still thinking currently inside the box...We are a very stagnant industry in regards to how we are viewed versus other trade pro's. An we are still very fragmented...But they were greedy admit it .Every manufacturer only jacked up prices from cleaning agents to equipment .They raped us .
Im really not sure why, but once their was several electric truckmounts to choose from in the 1980s .probably the most popular was from steam services it had a 3 stage lamb vacuum along with a roots blower for lift, steamgeni had the electrogeni it featured a diaphragm pump designed after the Hydracell and 2-3 stage lamb vacuums and used a Paloma water heater to heat the solution and of course bane clean i don't know much about them except they took up alot of space, i think their not built because they weren't very powerful or popular. You know before the model T there were electric cars they weren't very powerful or popular eighter but times change and here we are . You can't build um unless you can sell um

Reactions: SamIam

BIG WOOD

MLPW
Name
Matt w.
Lets pretend we can channel through Danny Strickland's fat gut the ability to talk to each and every Truckmount designer of the past and present.

What sort of questions would you ask them?

Play along with me here, I'm going somewhere with this.
Did you ever get where you were going with this thread?

Dwain Ray

On Vacation
Name
Dwain Ray
What would the extra cost be to put swivel connections on every hose end on said machine. It would make replacement-repairs infinitely easier.
Sorry busy showin off forgot to completely answer your question. All my fittings on Frankenstein are stainless so each hose cost me an extra 9.00 for the male jic connection on the machine (1.89 if it were brass) and additional 4.75 each for non working swivel end on the hoses . All my hoses are made with screw on ends apposed to crimp on but the price difference is about the same . So in short if you were to (and most manufacturers do) use brass the retail price is approximately 6.64 per hose more. Hope that answers your question

Nomad74

Boy Sprout
Why did your hatred of electric truck mounts. Make you not see the future...They should have been on par with all current truck mounts long ago...Bill knew plugging it at the time made the cleaner increase his profit time on fuel costs alone.That percentage of fuel spent was huge .Sure performance was lower but utilized smartly with routes optimized you saved cash . We are still thinking currently inside the box...We are a very stagnant industry in regards to how we are viewed versus other trade pro's. An we are still very fragmented...But they were greedy admit it .Every manufacturer only jacked up prices from cleaning agents to equipment .They raped us .
Did you fall off a ladder?

• Haha
Reactions: hogjowl
Name
Nate W.
Im really not sure why, but once their was several electric truckmounts to choose from in the 1980s .probably the most popular was from steam services it had a 3 stage lamb vacuum along with a roots blower for lift, steamgeni had the electrogeni it featured a diaphragm pump designed after the Hydracell and 2-3 stage lamb vacuums and used a Paloma water heater to heat the solution and of course bane clean i don't know much about them except they took up alot of space, i think their not built because they weren't very powerful or popular. You know before the model T there were electric cars they weren't very powerful or popular eighter but times change and here we are . You can't build um unless you can sell um

I had 3 of those WorkMaster electric truckmounts that you could wheel into commercial jobs.. Hybrid electric vac and #2 sutorbilt.. It was decent for what it was but the recovery tank would rust out..

Dwain Ray

On Vacation
Name
Dwain Ray
I had 3 of those WorkMaster electric truckmounts that you could wheel into commercial jobs.. Hybrid electric vac and #2 sutorbilt.. It was decent for what it was but the recovery tank would rust out..
They musta been pretty old when you got um, if im doing the math right steam services went out of business when you were about 10

Mike J

Name
Mike Joannides
I would thank them for the machines already provided as they were all good to me and made me money. Prochem, Blueline,Hydramaster, all kicked ass. And Big Red (Bates) perhaps my favorite,

Name
Nate W.
They musta been pretty old when you got um, if im doing the math right steam services went out of business when you were about 10

1 was brand new, the other 2 were second hand.. It was good for it's time, but a lot for 1 person to maneuver.. I was born into this business, mom was hapai (pregnant) when they started the business..

greencc

Name
gary
dwain, can you post a pic of the screw on type and explain why you like it more than a crimp on? thanks

The Great Oz

Name
bryan
dwain, can you post a pic of the screw on type and explain why you like it more than a crimp on? thanks
You asked Dwain, but we carry these on each truck as a "field repair" part.

Allows you to put a fitting on without buying a crimper or paying a guy to do crimped fittings. In stainless these are $14 at Wanders.

https://www.nosoupforyou.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/04/1079-Reusable-Field-Crimps-Stainless.png

Reactions: greencc

Dwain Ray

On Vacation
Name
Dwain Ray
Why i use screw on ends In one word convenience, the nearest place for me to have a hose made with 100r hose is a 5 hour drive round trip (100r is your standard carpet cleaner hose) or i could wait to get it ups or ten minutes in my shop and i have it, one of the advantages has been that since I've been using them for several decades now the outer part doesn't wear out so i keep recycling them and only purchasing the inner piece however while building Frankenstein i came across a company that builds solid stainless steel ones they only offer them in 1/4 100r hose with 1/4 male pipe threads perfect for solution hoses i get them from Wanders another advantage has been if an end goes out and starts leaking or spraying on the job alot of tomes i can unscrew the broken inner stem and screw in a new one and continue and not have to remive and replace the hose on the job. As far as how long they last probably longer than crimped because they are thicker

20230202_172904.jpg

Reactions: greencc

Dwain Ray

On Vacation
Name
Dwain Ray
Why i use screw on ends In one word convenience, the nearest place for me to have a hose made with 100r hose is a 5 hour drive round trip (100r is your standard carpet cleaner hose) or i could wait to get it ups or ten minutes in my shop and i have it, one of the advantages has been that since I've been using them for several decades now the outer part doesn't wear out so i keep recycling them and only purchasing the inner piece however while building Frankenstein i came across a company that builds solid stainless steel ones they only offer them in 1/4 100r hose with 1/4 male pipe threads perfect for solution hoses i get them from Wanders another advantage has been if an end goes out and starts leaking or spraying on the job alot of tomes i can unscrew the broken inner stem and screw in a new one and continue and not have to remive and replace the hose on the job. As far as how long they last probably longer than crimped because they are thicker

View attachment 120692
If you're considering going to these ends i strongly recommend that if you don't already haveone invest in a cutoff tool it'll save ya alot of headaches 😉

20230202_175440.jpg

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom