Back in the saddle...

HydroDude

Name
JB
Decided not to do the door...going with aluminum plated hatch to access control panel and a hose port...so not sure of location it need's to be until it is installed.

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
I like that better than cutting into your already designed vehicle.

Yea right now it sucks to be you but it will get better eventually. Hang in there!

HydroDude

Name
JB
Word is that the tank will be in Atlanta today (5 hours away) but will not make it to Tampa until Tuesday ...REALLY!!! so over all the :bullshit:ing!!!

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
That sucks but at least you can see an end in sight! :smile:

Even if you drove to get it it might only speed you up a day. Might as well let it unfold naturally!

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
Install is not hard especially if you have access to good tools, I've done 6-8 myself and helped on another 4-5.

It just takes time, and patience, helps if you have a template. However a box truck is one of the easiest, lots of room above and below. I liked installing units in box trucks!

John Olson

Name
John Olson
So John even if the owner is willing to risk the 90% install it would still be a no go?

Personally I'd just use a different fresh tank, you can never have enough water whether its for carpet cleaning or sewage backflows.

As far as Ken, the guy sincerely wants to help. If someone feels he stepped on their toes he didn't do it maliciously. He's always helped me and asked nothing in return, great guy in my book.
This is a Lease right? Doesn't matter if the customer assumes the risk. He will have to LIE to the finance company and tell them he has everything in his possession and to release the funds. Sure it is a white lie but it is still a lie so no not happening at my shop. As for installing it himself that is NOT an option either as it is NOT his machine but the banks and the bank is going to expect it to be installed professionally since it is a NEW machine and the warranty dictates it must be installed but a certified service center or similar wording to that. Now if he was paying cash and he didn't care about possibly voiding the warranty his options would greatly improve. But Lying still shouldn't ever be one of them.

Reactions: BLewis

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
Me too, the class had Jim Pemberton in it.

I knew he knew cleaning but he know machines inside and out too. We tore apart a Diashin pump and Jim put it all back together. Chris Pond taught the class. LOL

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
See why no one likes you, you're a hardass! :p

j/k Good rules to operate by, I wouldn't want liability or to void any warranty either.

John Olson

Name
John Olson
I am in no way saying anything about anyone's skills just what may be part of the warranty and lease agreements. You should contact the lease company and manfucatuer and see what your options are

Shane Deubell

Supportive Member
Took a little while but think i understand now, you are waiting for an install and they are taking too long?

I never would have listened to a salesperson in the first place and would have planned on a week or 2.
Yeah it sucks, :hopeless:.

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
Yea because dude I have mad skills, "Richard of all trades"....master of none! :neutral:

:winky:

HydroDude

Name
JB
I don't know the details here but when did you order the unit? And were all the parts in stock at the distributor?
Generally submount tanks are not is why I'm asking and shipping from Arizona takes some time. If you provide me details via a pm I'll look into it tomorrow.

And that was the last I heard...

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
Me too, the class had Jim Pemberton in it.
We tore apart a Diashin pump and Jim put it all back together.

I'm not at all surprised by that.
Like you, Jim grew up in the biz, and also like you, had a father with an incredible work ethic and you two apples didn't fall far from the tree...you've both worked in EVERY part of the biz

i WOULD be surprised if Jim gets much dirt under his fingernails now-a-days though
(unless he's planting tomatoes or sump'um )
or unless you're shoveling the stalls :icon_razz:

..L.T.A.

Reactions: Desk Jockey

Bill Bruders

Supportive Member
Name
Bill Bruders
Jon Don / Sapphire

And that was the last I heard...

I checked into this and as is normally the case there is much more to this story as you are aware. What won't happen here is any further discussion of any details. It was not and over promised under delivered scenario but a lot of hard work to get you what you wanted. I'm very happy with what my team did, as well as JonDon and One Degree.

juniorc82

Supportive Member
Name
Jon Coret
I get the feeling if a tm salesman is anything like cars or furniture salesman they will tell the customer any and everything to sell a unit. I would like to get an open concept truckmount with a good solid frame on my next one and just replace components as needed so I dont have to go through the process of getting a new unit . If time equals money I wonder how much this whole little circus has cost you btween lost production, missed out jobs, and time on the phone with these jokers.

Art Kelley

Supportive Member
Name
Rainbow Carpet And Upholstery Cleaning
God. It must take the patience of Job to be a supplier or manufacturer to these broke dick carpet cleaners. I couldn't do it, I would just start clumping these assholes in the head with a club and have to leave town. I salute Bruders and Cobb and Labarbera and Olson who not only have to deal with some marginal people in a very professional way, but have to read ignorant slams from them on the internet and keep their cool.

F

FB7777

Totally agree Art

Cheapskate wheeler dealers deserve every bit of inconvenience they receive with their purchasing experiences

Carpet cleaners want high end customers that are willing to pay for service and then nickel and dime distributors

Personally, I get top level,service from everyone I deal with, be it home,contractors, business vendors and leisure services. When you are willing to live your life with the mentality that all relationships should be mutually beneficial , your buying experiences are far more pleasant

PCCN

Wow, like some of the other guys, I am VERY surprised to hear of an unresolved problem with JonDon. I have dealth with them for about 5 years and they have always gone out of their way to make sure I was happy. Not sure which location you are dealing with but Chicago and Atlanta have given me red carpet treatment in sales and service.

Had you had a problem with Interlink, I would say get in line. At least it did not take you thirty (30) days, yes THIRTY days, to get a slide-in installed. And then they only put in the machine and waste tank. Absolutely nothing else. Threw the rest of my purchase in the back of the truck, called me complaining about it taking me so long to pick it up on the actual day they got it ready, and still haven't gotten me all I paid for and it has been three years now! Not a single direction on using or even starting the machine when I did get it. Many issues during the following weeks, only to end up being told it was the service managers fault (who just happened to no longer work there). While alot of the problem was the service department's fault, I can't believe how they threw that guy "under the bus" repeatedly. I guess that's why the other company in my town is growing their service department regularly and interlink is not.

Good luck with your issue. If you continue having problems, don't hesitate to call Nick at JonDon. He is a very easy person to deal with and will make sure they do you right.

BLewis

Supportive Member
Name
Billy Lewis
I think suppliers are just like carpet cleaners, some are awesome, some avg.,some awful. We had a great experience with Interlink of Louisville when they installed our new PC 650hp. I have had tremendous service from Jon Don as well, can't even begin to explain how John Olson has helped me out over the years and Bristor and I haven't had a fight yet (fingers crossed!). I think it's all in how you deal with them be fair, treat them the way you want to be treated, support them anytime you can. If and when you do have a bad experience just take your business elsewhere, just like cc there is always some body that will take good care of you.

I have had one bad experience and you would never know it here because I try not to bad mouth anyone, I just don't deal with them directly any longer but I do still buy some of their stuff sometimes but it is when it's a last resort.

Last edited:

Shane Deubell

Supportive Member
Financing is back to where it should be, sub-prime borrowers pay sub-prime rates 24% and premium borrowers pay premium rates 0-6%.

Reactions: Ken Snow

Ken Snow

RIP
Name
Ken Snow
Re: "EVERYONE QUALIFIES" FINANCING PROGRAM

Totally agree- closing on 15 year 2.75% refi this friday.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

HydroDude

Name
JB
"I haven't heard back from you. However, considering your apparent dissatisfaction with JonDon, Sapphire, and One Degree Capital, we think it's best for all involved that we not pursue this financing any further.

Best of luck with your business,"

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom