Bad Day today

Dan

Supportive Member
Name
Dan
Was on my way home from job today and BOOM.... Blown motor in Isuzu NPR. 235,000 miles on truck plus the 1200 CDS hours.
So the diesel motor isn't really worth rebuilding and my transmission was slipping from 2nd to 3rd. I was looking for a tranny and now this. I have a White Magic pro 1200 in the truck and now brainstorming what to do.......

joeynbgky

Supportive Member
Name
Joey
I'm sorry to hear that. I thought the whole purpose of a diesel was to last a long time. I have more miles then that on gas engines. What's the cost to replace the engine? Can u find a wrecked one, and take engine and tranny from it for cheap??

Sent from my T-Mobile G2 using Tapatalk 2

Dan

Supportive Member
Name
Dan
Cheap...LOL..... Nothing on these trucks is cheap. A used complete motor with 125,000 miles or so are running around 6000 bucks not installed and the tranny is 2800 bucks not installed either.

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
and now brainstorming what to do.

cut your loses
pull the unit and dump that buckboard riding, under powered, over hyped, stinky, noisy, rattlin' chattering POS

Take the $10K it will take to fix it and use it as a down payment on a new cargo van .
if you "need" a box, go with the Spartan box set up

..l.T.A.

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
I thought that was pretty good, 235,000 miles sounds incredible to me, but 1200 hours is bad. did you install the the Pro 1200 in a used truck?

I agree with Larry, move on, a truck that old will just nickle and dime you with someing else if you keep it.

Dan

Supportive Member
Name
Dan
I thought that was pretty good, 235,000 miles sounds incredible to me, but 1200 hours is bad. did you install the the Pro 1200 in a used truck?

I agree with Larry, move on, a truck that old will just nickle and dime you with someing else if you keep it.

235K is not good on a commercial diesel motor. It should have gotten closer to 500K miles. I am putting the pieces of everything together and am getting a grip on what exactly happened which is the truck overheated a month ago from a radiator going bad in an unusual way. I believe throwing a rod was something that was created back then but hard to tell because the motor is so loud anyways. What makes this difficult is the Pro 1200 is a CDS married to this truck as far as front end kit and a manufacture who's no longer around. What makes this more difficult is the fact of right in the middle of a divorce and this truck is obviously in the divorce paperwork. I am going to call my lawyer and see what my options are at this time because I dont want a huge planter in my driveway.

Dan

Supportive Member
Name
Dan
I thought about giving it to her. It broke 2 miles from where she lives now and 30 miles away from me.....but i towed it all the way here. Nice find on the shaft. I should have my Butler back up today and that will bring some relief.

Dan

Supportive Member
Name
Dan
Butler is up and running now. Took it out this evening for the first time in like 6 years. Needs a pressure regulator but was able to get me thru. I started reviving the Butler a month ago just to have it. I have put a ton of time, money and parts in the truck and machine. If I wouldn't of done that I would have been hosed beyond belief. I called saphire today and got some info on what I can do as far as a new truck.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom