Basic Coatings

Jamesh921

Name
James
I'm enrolled to take a class on BC on the 20th of this month. I've been looking at the products and videos on their website. And I've looked at the pricing of the Basic Coatings line.

So, for those of you who have used their system to restore wood flooring, what do you charge the customer to refinish with BC?

And how does that compare to actually sanding and refinishing? What's the price difference?

Which is more profitable?

tim

I have the Dirt Dragon and use the Basic Coatings cleaners and finish. I get great results, I charge $1.25 per sq. ft.

Jamesh921

Name
James
Hey Tim,
Thanks for replying. I was beginning to think that no one actually used the product.

One of my questions is: Could you simply scrub the floor and rinse using a glided wand instead of having to purchase a dirt dragon?

I live in a small market and couldn't justify buying one for just a few jobs per year.

What is your opinion?

dgargan

We use a Gecko tile wand to extract wood floors. Works great. I am interested in the Dragon and and will check it out later this summer but so far the wand works great. It's easy to get around furniture that stays in place and easy to get in corners and tight spots. Not sure the dragon will be as easy

tim

The bigges advantage to the Dirt Dragon is the scrubbing of the brushes and how dry it leaves the floor. I could see using a 175 machine or CRB with the basic coatings cleaners and getting good results. What I like about the DD is the fact that it puts the customers mind at ease. They see it as the more professional equipment and safer for their floors. That has been my biggest obstacle to overcome and the DD sets thier mind at ease. I will say I do several wood floor jobs a month and they usually do carpet, tile and/or rugs at the same time. They like that I can do it all. I have gotten great results and customers that get the service want to have it done annually. Best of luck in making your decision

tmdry

Name
Bill Martins
I get several calls/emails a week for wood floor cleaning. However, 90% of the time the floor is trashed and needs to be sanded which I don't do. But I have thought about doing it too, and I have referred to guys that only do sanding n refinishing but they never send me any carpet jobs (and I mean never), so I stopped sending them qualified work.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom