BEAUTIFUL VORTEX!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

TimP

The point of my post is that I think it's ridiculous to buy something (high cost) that does indeed last longer then sell it it in a year. Like a diesel truck. There is no point in buying a diesel truck and use it one year and sell it. A diesel is a lot better to have, better fuel economy, longevity and better towing power. Exactly how a vortex is, it's better in every aspect vs a normal cleaning van. Of course it costs more but you have to use it and use it the way it's meant to be used. And you should keep it for years to warrant the purchase. I would never buy a vortex and keep it just on year. But that's just my opinion, some people have more money than they know what to do with and it's fine if they like to burn it. But I'm just a broke ass carpet cleaner in the south trying to make ends meet and can only dream of having the business to warrant buy a vortex.

Greenie

I generally try to be helpful, but I have to ask, If you live in MI why in hell would you not have a super-insulated truck, that thick rubber that BlueLine puts down ought to be good starting point.

Becker

Name
Becker
diamond-flip-flop~102.jpg

Name
Kevin McCreary
when I got the second or third truck blueline put out that was never an option as far as I know. I think I rushed getting the truck. I wanted one for along time then when I decided to buy one was when bluline took over. It only made sense to me because I all ready had thermalwaves and loved them.

F

FB7777

I echo what Terry says

It sounds like you are undecided on what you want to purchase.

Figure that out first... if you'd go with a box truck again then just winterize this one

Call Vortex or anyone here that has one in the North

It couldn't be any simpler than that!

If you're looking to dump a rig after a little over a year and you like to turn them every2 years then clearly money is no object to you when it comes to your equipment... invest a little in this one... it will only improve the resale of it anyways.

TimP

You could also with fair ease put some heaters in the back around the solution hoses and water pump and lines along with the insulation and you shouldn't have a problem at all, run it off of the engines power (dc heaters of some sort). I'd say it would be a lot cheaper than to take a hit on the truck by selling it at less than what you owe and loosing out on your down payment etc.

But if you're just wanting to have another truck to run in two directions it can make sense if you have a large area to cover. You really need to work your scheduling better if you find you're doing that though. I know it can be hard but that's the cost of running a business spread thin.

ronbeatty

Name
Ron Beatty
I have never leased any equipment for the simple reason that it cost more to lease than to own. I always take the residual value from the equipment I sell and roll it into the new truck so that I don't pay any capitol gain. (I trade the old equipment thru the dealership I am purchasing the new equipment from.) I finance the difference and pay it off in 60 months. I depreciate the truck the year of purchase get the tax credit and when it is payed off it is mine. If it is a good piece of equipment I keep it and it becomes a cash cow. I have found that after 30 years of turning equipment this works best for us.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom