Bed Bugs in the Girls dorm???

Mike Draper

Ok, did a search and didnt see much. I got a call today about bedbugs in a large university 6 bedroom apmt. they called the pesticide folks already, and they want me to clean the carpet. is there anything I can do or suggest to get rid of them?

Shorty

RIP
Name
Shorty Glanville
Send 'em home to their parents.

I would also clean the carpets twice.

Once before the pesties, and again in a weeks time to eliminate any hatched eggs.

Your job is limited on the cleaning side.

!gotcha!

PS ::: Here's the ST; feature.

The pestie will know that these critters also love cane, (if there's any in the room), they also get under and behind furniture, wall hangings, power points, skirting boards etc; so he has a job on his hands, not just the mattresses.

J Scott W

Name
Jeffrey Scott Warrington
There was a good article in Cleanfax about 6 months back. Check their archives for lots of good information.

postaldave

Yea I know of a apartment complex that had to treat twice for Bed Bugs, and cost the owners $7,000 dollars. To kill the little bastards. I wouldnt go in there unless the pest people were there first a few times to treat all areas. These critters can even get into lite sockets and stay there and go through walls behind base boards to get into another unit and infest it as well. Let the Pest People do there job 1st. then go to clean the carpets. And Be Careful not to bring them home with you, or you're costs can exceed $1200 bucks or more to treat. Ide pass on this job, could end up costing you Big $$$$$, if they get on you and hitch a ride to you're home. Ive had them in 1 of my apartments, Cost $1100 to have Loyds come out. 8 trips . and they don't treat the sofas, they are not allowed to spray furniture in California. So either throw away the sofas, or have them put in a storage container and heat them up to 150 degrees for 2hrs. to kill the little bastards. And the Proto call is a Beach to follow, must get mattress zippered bags $150 each. Wash All Clothes, Pull everything out of dressers drowers ,take all clothing out of home and wash in Hotest water possible at landurey mat . Forget the job go on to another, and don't Vac the Carpet, you'll be bringing thoses little bugs to some one else is Home. Postaldave

Mike Draper

kinda puts me in a bad situation. This property management company gives me $20k a year of very profitable work. So I'll be going in to clean the carpet as per their request, after the place has been treated 2x.

steve frasier

Supportive Member
Name
steve frasier
buy some E Tes machines and kill them with heat but it you are going to do this you have treat one room, treat the rooms above, below and on each side

they will run from heat so you have to get them a from ever side and angle

I would clean the carpet but only after the company that does the treatments and they usually have to do 2 treatments over a month period of time

from what I have seen and done, I personally would stay away from telling someone I can kill them with the heat from my truckmount or that the chemicals I use would kill them

it's a headache I wouldn't want

kinda puts me in a bad situation. This property management company gives me $20k a year of very profitable work. So I'll be going in to clean the carpet as per their request, after the place has been treated 2x.

I would do what the company doing the treatment company, from the companies I have worked with it was a 3 week time frame after the 2nd spraying

GeneMiller

Name
gene miller
steve is right heat is the only sure way to get them all. they heat the house for 8 hrs and charge a fortune. probably e-tes or something similar. i've cleaned after a few. i wouldn't worry about hitch hikers they are nocturnal and move very slow.

gene

Rich

Heat is the only true way to kill them. The only problem that I've seen in dorm rooms is that the bed bugs will travel so there is no way that you can guarantee that they wont return. 113 is the kill point but in order to be sure, is to heat above 113 for 2+ hours by probing in the walls.

Mike Draper

Thanks guys, I'm not going to promise anything or suggest anything. I'm just being hired to clean carpet and that's it.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom