Bed Bugs Treatment?

Name
R.J. Povio
I have a city apartment complex that I am going to be picking up. They sometimes rent the apartments furnished. They have a sofa a love and 2 chairs. They want them cleaned if they have bed bugs or not. I was wondering if there was a specific product to either clean with to kill the bed bugs, and if there is a product to spray on afterward or before hand to prevent and or sanitize specifically for bed bugs? I know the best solution is to throw out the furniture (and I already told them that), but they want to try cleaning the furniture before discarding it.

Royal Man

Name
Dave Yoakum
Do you have a pest control licence?

Pest control is highly regulated and bed bugs are very hard to control.

bob vawter

Grassy Knoller
Name
bob vawter
Contemporary Carpet Clean said:
I have a city apartment complex that I am going to be picking up. They sometimes rent the apartments furnished. They have a sofa a love and 2 chairs. They want them cleaned if they have bed bugs or not. I was wondering if there was a specific product to either clean with to kill the bed bugs, and if there is a product to spray on afterward or before hand to prevent and or sanitize specifically for bed bugs? I know the best solution is to throw out the furniture (and I already told them that), but they want to try cleaning the furniture before discarding it.

yor wife will love you so much when you bring them HOME wit you!

Connor

Name
Connor
Yeah, it's called FIRE, burn that place down. If you get them in your home, you'll wish you didn't take that account.

Shorty

RIP
Name
Shorty Glanville
By cleaning them, they'll be nice, clean and shiny.

They're hitch-hikers and are not only in the furniture.

Don't walk on this job if you know nothing about eradication of them.

Run, faster man, faster.

:roll:

Name
R.J. Povio
No I do not have a license for applying pesticides....I am a carpet cleaner.

I know they can travel really easy.

I think that if the furniture has bed bugs they are going to get rid of the furnished items. They want me to clean and treat the unaffected furniture as more of a "preventative" process if there is such a thing.

I know I can walk away from this, which I will if there are bed bugs present. I have walked away if people or places have fleas. They told me that they treat for bed bugs all the time(via exterminator) on a regular basis and before and after a tenant moves in.

So what I gather is that there is no product that effectively "prevents" bed bugs without being/having a license to apply pesticides??? There is no product that a carpet cleaning distributor makes that can be applied in a spray from like a disinfectant/deodorizer??

Connor

Name
Connor
I don't think anything less than real poison or that "high heat" treatment that cooks the room will eradicate for bed bugs. We had them and they were a nightmare. We used diatomaceous earth with some reduction, but it took some real poison to finish them. I don't think cedar scents or other citronella type remedies are a good talisman. They arrived in our home in a gifted piece of furniture.

Name
Scott
I have a unit from a property manager that we are thinking about sticking a couple ETES's in there and letting them cook for 24 hours and then clean the carpets the next day. I told them it would be $250 for the ETES rental and then $40/room for carpet cleaning and they were fine with that. They just had an exterminator in there but they want to make sure they are all gone. Not sure how this is going to work but its around the same philosophy they use here with dropping heated units inside and letting them cook. Ill let you know how it works.

rwcarpet

Supportive Member
Name
Robert Hodge
Rosesis said:
Prefer to use natural bug killing products....no side effects ....

I know Steri-Fab will kill them. Easy to use. I keep it around the house for my own pest control....ants, spiders....

....and some of my relatives.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom