BEFORE You Buy From Prochem

Willy P

Name
Willy P
I hope you don't go pulling your hair out to buy the latest "wand" from Prochem here's one example of the "I don't give a poop " customer service. I bought a 5 gallon pail of Liquid Slurry. The bottom of the bucket had about 3 inches of shit in the bottom. Obviously either unstable or poorly mixed. I went back to my local supplier to return it. Tough toenails we'll give you another GALLON- NOT REPLACE THE WHOLE FLIPPING PAIL, like they should have. I was rightfully disturbed and phoned Prochem , only to be treated like an idiot. "It will still work" was the theme from both sides. Utter balogna as it was clearly missing some component that had settled to the bottom of the pail.Here's a few pics
000_0014.jpg
000_0013-1.jpg
000_0015.jpg

Sorry to rain on your parade,especially John Olson who I have a lot of respect for, but "It will still work" is the lowest level of customer service.

ACE

Name
Mike Hughes
Sounds like something that should have been taken care of by the distributor.
Was it an interlink store?

Willy P

Name
Willy P
The distributor is a dual dealership. The take I got was it was Prochem that the disty should have taken care of it from them and they were "doing me a favour" KMA! By offering the "free" gallon. Really? Prochem just played me around and played stupid games , blaming anything from "heat" to "it only happens in the 5 gallon buckets", and the old "It'll still work" but flat out refused to stand by their product. Sad, pathetic and shameful.BULLSHIT, plain and simple out right bullshit. When you sell a product that was this blatantly WRONG, and as yet unfit for use, it's a good feeling to alert others to the stuff you'll consume down the road.

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
After studying those photos in depth, I'm pretty confident in "it would have still worked" . eat yor heart out Werner

Not sure who was to blame but one of the should have exchanged the product for you. It appears should have done more to keep yiur business.

MerCrewser

5 gallon paint stirrer? You're supposed to mix/shake chemicals (I mean "products") before you use them.

Willy P

Name
Willy P
Mikey P said:
Did you use up them chems to get to the bottom layer or were you pouring out/transferring it to another container (
Nope. I was emptying into gallon jugs when I noticed and took it too the disty for visual verification so they could see it for themselves. They took the batch number off of the bucket and phoned me the next day and told me the "free gallon" crap after calling prochem.

Willy P

Name
Willy P
MerCrewser said:
5 gallon paint stirrer? You're supposed to mix/shake chemicals (I mean "products") before you use them.

Not my job and I can't imagine buying one for what's supposed to be RTU product. If I hadn't poured it into jugs, I wouldn't have found out until I hit the bottom.

floorguy

Supportive Member
Name
Doug
OH so you hadnt used the product....

then yes i would be damned pissed to

Willy P

Name
Willy P
kingjoelking said:
Did you notice a loss of cleaning success on the jobs you used that?

Because it mixed at 1 ounce to 5 gallons, I had only picked up a couple of gallon jugs to try it out. I had burned through 3 pumptecs in 6 months when I found out it was the powder I was using that caused the premature failure and pumptec told me all warranty on the pumps was void if you use powder. So I switched to this because of the concentration. It worked OK so I bought a 5er and after the fact found out this was problem , but only in the 5 gallon pails Why sellthem if its a problem?

Willy P

Name
Willy P
It is what it was, it cost prochem any future business and the bungling and crappy way I was treated just didn't sit well with me. It doesn't matter much as the juice got disposed of and the bucket turned into my waste water bucket. Seemed fitting. Live and learn.

ACE

Name
Mike Hughes
Slurry is nasty stuff anyways. It will eat brass like nothing I have seen. The prochem line does work but they have some of the most carcinogenic chemicals in our industry. I looked at the MSDS on Ultrapack the other day (25% butyl) I've seen Jimmy naked .

Willy P

Name
Willy P
Mikey P said:
Can't read between the vulgaritlies

There you go Captain. I Werner vacuumed, prescrubbed with a 175 and a CRB, ( I can't remember the juice de jour) and extracted at 400 PSI, 240 degrees, high flow, soft water rinse with a 59 blower, extra drying passes and fans on every post. All nice and clean and much less verbosity! Sorry I offended you , your Grand Poobahness! KMA! J/K eat yor heart out Werner

S

sam miller

I use the liquid in gallon form and have never seen that! but that is wierd.

Do You buy regularly from the supplier?

I would think as long as You returned all the product they would exchange it an sent the bad portion back for product and training improvment.

still if the rest worked normal and the bottom had a half gallon and they offered You a free gallon You probably would have came out ahead!

PS try liquid DFC105 from chemspec alot cheaper and its green and it works.

http://chemspecworld.com/catalog_browse.asp?ictNbr=391

Willy P

Name
Willy P
sam miller said:
I use the liquid in gallon form and have never seen that! but that is wierd.

Do You buy regularly from the supplier?

Not so much now. When you treat a customer like that, don't expect me to be knocking down your door to spend money.

I would think as long as You returned all the product they would exchange it an sent the bad portion back for product and training improvment.

Me too, but it turned into a circle jerk and I was left holding the bag.

still if the rest worked normal and the bottom had a half gallon and they offered You a free gallon You probably would have came out ahead!

It was disposed of. Not stable so I wouldn't use it or subject my customers to it.

PS try liquid DFC105 from chemspec alot cheaper and its green and it works.

http://chemspecworld.com/catalog_browse.asp?ictNbr=391

Willy P

Name
Willy P
Mikey P said:
Did you try using a paint mixing drill bit to blend it all together?

Not my job- I did shake the poop out of it to try and mix it, but it settled again after 24 hours. This was so easy to take care -IF THEY UNDERSTOOD CUSTOMER SERVICE- that I wouldn't give a crap. It's just an education thing to learn how well you serve the customer after sale. If I cost them one sale by alerting others to the way I was treated, than my job is done and it only cost me a few hundred bucks. Cheap, considering it all.

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
Back in the day I wanted to buy some products in the large containers but they told me it would settle out. I think if you were to buy it by the gallon it would be fine. I remember buying Steamways formula O in 5's and it would have large crystals at the bottom. Got the same answer from Rick Love. Eventually we switched, it kept bothering that those crystals shouldn't be there. In our case they would never go back into solution, at least the Liquid Slurry did enough to use it.

Willy P

Name
Willy P
I DIDN'T use it. It was disposed of. The bucket it came in is now my waste water porty bucket so every time I empty the crap from my machine, I remember to avoid the company and the way I was treated by them. I'm pretty sure they'll see this and maybe rethink the way things get done. As I said, a couple hundred bucks is a cheaper method of finding out how well a company stands behind what they sell, instead of 900 for a wand or many thousands for a machine. I'm just laying out the facts as they happened.

Should they see things from a different perspective, I'm all ears. I won't waste my day waiting for he phone to ring.

ruff

Name
Ofer Kolton
A little off the subject Willy.
Why would a manufacturer void the warranty for using a powder cleaner. Why would a powder cleaner if dissolved properly create any problem with the pump?

I've always used powder, through 23 years and never a single problem. Had a Castex, a Prochem's Cheyene and a Mytee, never an issue with the pump. Used Dry Slurry, Fiber Plus, Soap Free and Procyon to name a few.

Yes I don't use them as frequently as you, however I use them a lot more than I'd like.

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
Ofer we were always told to use liquids also.

We used Crystal Blue the most then eventually XL333 and now if we have to use a portable Liquid Slurry. Never seen Willy's issue but we buy it by the gallon.

Willy P

Name
Willy P
Ofer Kolton said:
A little off the subject Willy.
Why would a manufacturer void the warranty for using a powder cleaner. Why would a powder cleaner if dissolved properly create any problem with the pump?

Aluminum maybe. Pumptec told me straight up.

I've always used powder, through 23 years and never a single problem. Had a Castex, a Prochem's Cheyene and a Mytee, never an issue with the pump. Used Dry Slurry, Fiber Plus, Soap Free and Procyon to name a few.

Yes I don't use them as frequently as you, however I use them a lot more than I'd like.
I used to use Ultrachem Extract powder with no problems, but I've switched around because they stopped making the powder

Ken Snow

RIP
Name
Ken Snow

Def a supplier issue it sounds like, I hope you do not intend to buy from that supplier even more son than Prochem. Prochem wouldn't even know who you are and while if what you say happened in fact happened, Prochem's mistake in my opinion was in not advising you to go back to the supplier and have them contact Prochem or even better yet contacted them themselves.

I view distributors kind of like Auto dealers. You don't go to GM when you have an issue, you go to a GM dealership. The Dealership deals with GM if they need to get a warranted item or reimbursement for warranty work. As the customer it doesn't matter and should be seamless. If your case is as you say then there seems to be a distributor problem and I would let Prochem Corporate know via email, and/or letter, not via a phone call.

Willy P

Name
Willy P
I spoke to corporate but was rebuffed in a less than satisfactory way. I'm not trying to start anything Ken, but just laying out the facts (FACTS, not bull$hit)) for everybody to see and make an informed decision on the choices they make. If they can't stand behind a $200 pail of chemicals, why on earth would anybody invest 10 or 20 grand in a machine for a company that doesn't give a damn about the end user or allow a dealer, that represents their lines to act within that manner. If that's acceptable at the corporate level, then I'm an ignoramus.

Since they own Century 400, I should dig out the invoices paid during the supposed warranty period on equipment I've bought from them. Fool me once.....

bob vawter

Grassy Knoller
Name
bob vawter
well from NOW ON i certainly won't be buying ANYTHING from them....... would the real rob allen please stand up?

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
If that's acceptable at the corporate level, then I'm an ignoramus.
Well....

Seriously I'd go over the head of whom ever you spoke to and send them an email of your experience, including pictures. Glen Wilson is sales and marketing vp, if anyone will listen he should. I'll PM his email to you.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom