Ben Surdi help me out here...

Zee

Supportive Member
Name
Hey Ben,

How much can you tell us brokedicks about what you changed about your business in this past few months?
I'm really curious about your adjustments to your business-

-not too long ago you weren't able to pay for an under priced airpath that you bid on

-now i just remembered that here on mikeysboard you were saying you wanted to buy a vortex (thats a lot of money)
and that you are about to get some contract for a commercial account that covers the whole west coast? http://www.network54.com/Forum/228309/m ... test.+HELP
So what are the biggest changes you had to make?
Just thinking out loud....
This is not a personal attack whatsoever, I just want to learn.

Mikey P

Administrator
No kidding, last February he had a wand stolen from his van and could not afford to replace it and now he wants a fleet of Vortexes.

He found the end of the rainbow I guess.

Name
I'm Rick James
Great, as his competitor looks like I am doomed. I always wanted to be a front end manager at jack in the box, guess nows my chance.

Hoody

Supportive Member
Name
Steven Hoodlebrink
What happens if/when that account cancels ?

I'd hate to see someone with a fleet of trucks doing absolutely nothing.

Name
I'm Rick James
Ive met ben and work in the same area as him. He does charge what he is telling you guys and from what i understand does good work. He offers payment plans or lowers the price for the customers who balk at the price.

He wrote a little while ago that his first year he made $150,000 his first with no marketing, just direct contact. Here is the history of the company as he wrote it on yelp.

History
Established in 1984

NW Green Cleans is a family owned and operated company that first started as A Clear View Cleaning Service which was founded by Vincent G. Surdi in 1984. In 2008 Vincent's son Benjamin Surdi took over the company and introduced the business structure that had been worked on for several years to the market.

His uncle i think he said owns a local carpet cleaning and restoration cleaning company as well.

I seriously doubt that he will open up to anyone on the BB's about his business, which is unfortunate because so may have helped him alot on all the BB's since coming into the industry.

This industry isnt hard to figure out. Create a product, a brand, back it up with great customer service and quality work and market said product with the most effective means of getting your message out. Its doing it and maintaining it, is the hard part.

Zee

Supportive Member
Name
brent said:
Ive met ben and work in the same area as him. He does charge what he is telling you guys and from what i understand does good work. He offers payment plans or lowers the price for the customers who balk at the price.

He wrote a little while ago that his first year he made $150,000 his first with no marketing, just direct contact. Here is the history of the company as he wrote it on yelp.

History
Established in 1984

NW Green Cleans is a family owned and operated company that first started as A Clear View Cleaning Service which was founded by Vincent G. Surdi in 1984. In 2008 Vincent's son Benjamin Surdi took over the company and introduced the business structure that had been worked on for several years to the market.

His uncle i think he said owns a local carpet cleaning and restoration cleaning company as well.

I seriously doubt that he will open up to anyone on the BB's about his business, which is unfortunate because so may have helped him alot on all the BB's since coming into the industry.

This industry isnt hard to figure out. Create a product, a brand, back it up with great customer service and quality work and market said product with the most effective means of getting your message out. Its doing it and maintaining it, is the hard part.

Thanks for the info.

I again will say that I'm not here to bug the guy and I'm not telling him to share his "secrets".
All I want to figure out, how a guy goes from a real brokedick- (that can't replace his wand or can't pay for an item he personally put bids on) - to a guy that has an $850.00 average ticket, and a guy that is willing to invest in a V/AT kind of equipment.
I believe that it is possible to do well in a short amount of time if you work with a well though out business plan. I have family members in this industry that went from nothing to a few million in a matter of 3-4 years.
So I guess I am just curious as what are the steps a brockedick like many around here needs to take to get to "bensurdying highs".....

or is it all just big talk in the shield of the internet..... :?

Amazing

I did not mean to start this.

I have no idea what the truth is.

I met Ben, had him and Brent on the boat last summer.

Ben is a pretty cool guy. Likes to talk, but then so do a lot of guys, he likes to brag, perhaps a bit more than others, but us guys always have our waders on.

I did not mean to cause crap for Ben.

Ben is like the TV show LOST! Makes no sense, but perhaps as in the show the finally is coming. Or perhaps like a lot of movies, books for shows. They just have unanswered questions.

But are we here to answer questions?
No... We are here to share what we want, learn a little, have fun, make friends, but still maintain whatever level of privacy we care to have.

Anyways, sorry to have stirred the pot, seems to have boiled over.

Ernie G

Ben's uncle, John Surdi is a great guy and a very good friend of mine for 15yrs. or so. Ben is young and wants to impress all of you guys, As he grows up (matures) that will change. Sometimes, when you brag or stretch the truth, its hard to stop. Like most people, he wants to be respected and accepted by his piers. Ben has tremendus potential, and seems to be a great market-er, and that as we all know, is more important than being a great carpet cleaner. As long as he is honest with his clients and gives good service, he should do very well. GIVE HIM CREDIT FOR BEING AN AGGRESSIVE BUSN. MAN.

Heathrow

Name
Heath Menefy
Zalan I think it would be great if you could get your millionaire family members to come on here and give us a complete breakdown on how they did it in a few years. Are they willing to share?

Zee

Supportive Member
Name
Heathrow said:
Zalan I think it would be great if you could get your millionaire family members to come on here and give us a complete breakdown on how they did it in a few years. Are they willing to share?

Marketing...marketing..marketing..that's how they do it! And as most of you- that are in the restoration side of the industry- know, it is a type of business that could yield big numbers but that doesn't equal to be rich.

Read my posts above again brother.... I never asked for "secrets" and never said anything that is a personal attack towards Surdi! Let's not get confused by ones personal attacks to someones honest and curious questions-like mine! He could have always just said something to outline His major changes and it would have been fine with me.

rhyde

Name
rhyde
AmazingDB said:
I did not mean to start this.

I have no idea what the truth is.

I met Ben, had him and Brent on the boat last summer.

Ben is a pretty cool guy. Likes to talk, but then so do a lot of guys, he likes to brag, perhaps a bit more than others, but us guys always have our waders on.

I did not mean to cause crap for Ben.

Ben is like the TV show LOST! Makes no sense, but perhaps as in the show the finally is coming. Or perhaps like a lot of movies, books for shows. They just have unanswered questions.

exactly something doesn't make sense with Ben ?

B&BGaryC

Name
B&BGaryC
Ok, I'm going to unsubscribe this topic before my blackberry explodes. PM me if anything real develops.

Zee

Supportive Member
Name
B&BGaryC said:
Ok, I'm going to unsubscribe this topic before my blackberry explodes. PM me if anything real develops.

Its been developing since 2009 december....in case some of you didn't notice when it was started.

Lyman

Supportive Member
Name
Lyman
If I remember correct, his brother was in jail and his father was out of work and he couldn't buy a airpath because his mom needed grocery money. And now he is a mikey junior. Oh, I forgot, his last van was repoed. Becker is that you, then say it is, you crowly scaredy cat.

Name
I'm Rick James
Bens a smart guy I met him once or twice. I agree with Ernie he has alot of potential.

G

Didn't Mikey ask him if it was true that he quit Joe Polish Program and got a refund? There was no response, but if he learned anything about marketing, he probably got a lot with JP.

Doug Cox

Supportive Member
Name
Doug Cox
I think Surdi is being a little deceptive by making it sound like he started from scratch. He brags about making 150k in his first when in all reality the business could have been making more than that in prior years. So it means nothing. You can just tell he is a wannabe by the way he posts.

bensurdi

Name
Benjamin Surdi
I'm glad you guys give me something to do on Sunday mornings! Read about an hour of posts all related to me. GUYS: If you have questions, give me a call- 206-353-4155. I'm a nice guy and always willing to help. I have nothing to hide. You can come to my business in snohomish, see how we operate and ask me any question you want. I've never lied about a single thing on this board and I never will.

It's just funny that people are bold enough to make posts like this on a forum but not bold enough to pick up the phone and call.

Instead of spreading rumors, call me.

Name
I'm Rick James
bensurdi said:
I'm glad you guys give me something to do on Sunday mornings! Read about an hour of posts all related to me. GUYS: If you have questions, give me a call- 206-353-4155. I'm a nice guy and always willing to help. I have nothing to hide. You can come to my business in snohomish, see how we operate and ask me any question you want. I've never lied about a single thing on this board and I never will.

It's just funny that people are bold enough to make posts like this on a forum but not bold enough to pick up the phone and call.

Instead of spreading rumors, call me.

Zee was waiting for an email from you regarding how to "make it". We understand you not posting it because of the fear of someone plagiarizing it. When know some people like to do that.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom