bend me over and thread it in

Mikey P

Administrator
that's what I told the ACE hardware guy to do when I got raped on that brass fitting

good lord, wtf is China doing with all that brass? :shock: :shock:

that thing should cost .99

Connor

Name
Connor
Preaching to the choir here, bruh.

Worse part of it, what's he's selling you is the crappy imported yellow brass. Go to a plumbing supplier and price the good stuff, red brass. I replace all my galvanized water stub outs with red brass and it makes that import stuff seem free.

What sized fitting and how much did you pay?

ACE is always beacoup expensive anyway. HD and Lowes has better prices on most everything compared to ACE.

Mikey P said:
that's what I told the ACE hardware guy to do when I got raped on that brass fitting

I go to ACE over Lowes because it is simpler and the service is better. You pay a little more for most things but to me it's worth it. Most things are only slightly higher and some even a little cheaper.

KevinD

Name
Kevin Dumas
You didn't get screwed too bad.
They are over 6 bucks at Lowes and over 9 bucks at H.D.

Only way to get a deal is in 10 packs or 25 packs.
It brings the cost down to about 3 bucks a piece.
But if you only have a need for 1

Bob Savage

Name
Bob Savage
You want a good deal?

Since you're not BDCC's, keep a small stock of parts that you know you will eventually need, and order them from Windtrax, so you have them on hand.

Name
BradFenstermaker
quit your whining already Mikey! I just paid $53 for 2 4" npt steel pipe nipples for my new 59 blower.

My anus is still burning from that trip. Lol

rwcarpet

Supportive Member
Name
Robert Hodge
Mikey P said:

....or just break into an empty house in the ghetto and take what you want. That's what goes on around here. If you leave a house empty long enough, someone will break in and strip all the copper. There could be fittings of that size on the water heater. In the police blotter this morning, at least 3 houses were stripped of copper....one in a high income condo development, another had over 275 foot of pipe stole.

F

FB7777

Royal Man said:
I go to Ace atleast 4 times a week.

You go to Ace Hardware over 200 days of the year? Have you considered stocking a few of their items , a pen and paper for starters to consolidate the volume of trips.

I realize your equipment is old maybe you could buy duct tape in bulk?

Besides, I figured your preferred choice of hangouts would be Toys 'r' Us

Ken Snow

RIP
Name
Ken Snow
Fred Boyle said:
[quote="Royal Man":11ig8gmw]

I go to Ace atleast 4 times a week.

You go to Ace Hardware over 200 days of the year? Have you considered stocking a few of their items , a pen and paper for starters to consolidate the volume of trips.
[/quote:11ig8gmw]

I was thinking the same thing~ and he said at least. So let's say it's 4.2 times a week x 52 = that's over 218 times a year. I haven't been to Ace, HD, Lowes, etc., more than 100 times total combined in my whole life. I know I'm kinda Metro but Jeez Dave consolidate those trips some man- our envirnment can't sustain that.

Royal Man

Name
Dave Yoakum
I'm working on a new project and I've been trying out different hardware.

Seems i always buy 2 of what I need. Then I lose the extra one when I need it. So, I have to go back to Ace again.

idreadnought

Supportive Member
Name
Richard
Do you want the really bad news mike? Here in california with the new lead laws that fitting you just bought has double the chance of failing as the one you would of bought just one year ago. I order all stainless fittings and have a stockpile. Saves gas, time and Replacement aggrevation.

floorguy

Supportive Member
Name
Doug
BradFenstermaker said:
quit your whining already Mikey! I just paid $53 for 2 4" npt steel pipe nipples for my new 59 blower.

My anus is still burning from that trip. Lol

'
yea them fookers are spendy....found that out tweaking my old unit....

Mikey go to your local hose supplier...they should have them lots cheaper

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom